2024 NFL Draft discussion

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
its hilarious that Marvin Harrison Jr has all the same "red flags" Caleb Williams has, and yet everybody is absolutely positive he is the only lock in the draft.

deranged father... check

1710779114519.png

entitlement issues at combine... check

shut down against ND... check

I think he will be a good WR, but to say this guy is the only lock in the draft is insane to me. Nabers is just below Ja'Marr Chase as a prospect imo

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Several people on this board have been saying this for months. I think MHJ is the safer prospect and will go first, but MHJ isn't in his own stratosphere the way some have portrayed him.

On film, Nabers is as explosive and dynamic as just about any receiver you can watch.

Last edited:

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
My question is, where will the Bears take a WR in this draft?

I feel like you might still be able to get a good one at 75. Or do they trade down from 9, and stockpile? The Keenan Allen trade seems to have given them more flexibility at 9. And that will all depend on who is still there at 9, I guess.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

I feel like you might still be able to get a good one at 75. Or do they trade down from 9, and stockpile? The Keenan Allen trade seems to have given them more flexibility at 9. And that will all depend on who is still there at 9, I guess.
Bears need an EDGE badly

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

I’m sure plan A going into offseason was grab one of these first round wrs. But as fa unraveled and landing Allen they prob gearing up to take de/dt.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I think something like this is more likely than staying at 9:

TRADE! BEARS SEND NO. 9 PICK, 2025 SIXTH-ROUND PICK TO SAINTS FOR NOS. 14, 45, 168 PICKS.​

With plenty of top-level talent still available, Poles uses the opportunity to move back a few spots to recoup a few picks. The Saints take stud right tackle Taliese Fuaga to better protect Derek Carr.

TRADE! BEARS SEND NO. 14 PICK TO DOLPHINS FOR NOS. 21, 55 PICKS​

Brock Bowers is still on the board and tempts Poles. But with Gerald Everett on board now, the Bears feel good enough about their tight end room to add yet another second-round pick.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:

TRADE! BEARS SEND NO. 9 PICK, 2025 SIXTH-ROUND PICK TO SAINTS FOR NOS. 14, 45, 168 PICKS.​

With plenty of top-level talent still available, Poles uses the opportunity to move back a few spots to recoup a few picks. The Saints take stud right tackle Taliese Fuaga to better protect Derek Carr.

Brock Bowers is still on the board and tempts Poles. But with Gerald Everett on board now, the Bears feel good enough about their tight end room to add yet another second-round pick.

dont mind the picks gained, dont really like taking the guy who was medically retired a few years ago though. at 21 you should be able to draft JPJ, Barton, possibly Thomas Jr, Mcconkey, hell id even take the cracker from Iowa over Latu. that said if he stays healthy he looks really great

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

The real HAUL!

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
its hilarious that Marvin Harrison Jr has all the same "red flags" Caleb Williams has, and yet everybody is absolutely positive he is the only lock in the draft.

deranged father... check

View attachment 35919

I think he will be a good WR, but to say this guy is the only lock in the draft is insane to me. Nabers is just below Ja'Marr Chase as a prospect imo
you dont fuck with Marvin Harrison Senior! so quiet seeming on the field, but off the field he lets his guns do his talking for him!

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Don't think Miami has any interest in trading up, they lost a ton of guys and have holes to fill.

That said if the Bears trade down into the 20s I'd think they'd have their eyes on a 3T.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:

Talking to my Giants fan friends at work, they really think the Giants are going Tackle. They don't think the Qbs will make it to them. I agree.

That would mean Alt is gone.

This would require a conversation between DE vs. WR, both very valuable, premium positions,

If Verse is there or if his value is greater than a trade back and getting Brian Thomas, Jr. or AD Mitchel.

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:

deranged father... check

View attachment 35919

I’ve been saying this for a while. If his last name wasn’t Harrison the discussion surrounding him would look/sound a hell of a lot different.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
dont mind the picks gained, dont really like taking the guy who was medically retired a few years ago though. at 21 you should be able to draft JPJ, Barton, possibly Thomas Jr, Mcconkey, hell id even take the cracker from Iowa over Latu. that said if he stays healthy he looks really great
yes yes I deleted that because it was about the picks and not who they selected with them.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Talking to my Giants fan friends at work, they really think the Giants are going Tackle. They don't think the Qbs will make it to them. I agree.

This would require a conversation between DE vs. WR, both very valuable, premium positions,

If Verse is there or if his value is greater than a trade back and getting Brian Thomas, Jr. or AD Mitchel.
I would pretty much count on Verse being there at 9. There's a very high chance both Verse and Turner will be available at

oping00@gmail.com

Liked Posts:
Almost all the teams drafting in the top 10 need OL help so hopefully Alt or Fashanu break top 10, JJMcarthy is the Sleeper QB in the draft,
Laitu latu may drop and he has the best technique of the top 3 DE's.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:

Alt wasnt going to make it past TEN regardless, with the moves they made this offseason they seem to have told the league they are deadset on drafting OT at #7.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Several people on this board have been saying this for months. I think MHJ is the safer prospect and will go first, but MHJ isn't in his own stratosphere the way some have portrayed him.

On film, Nabers is as explosive and dynamic as just about any receiver you can watch.
The only thing that could hurt Nabers is an illegal gun charge down on Bourbon Street last year. The charge was eventually dropped but he was carrying.