2024 NFL Draft discussion

LIBlue

Liked Posts:
Nabors is an absolute Stud, given LSU history of WR's no question this guy will succeed in the NFL.
Ohio State has also put an awful lot of quality WRs in the NFL the past decade. It will depend on what he team is looking for in a WR, but both are intriguing.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Talking to my Giants fan friends at work, they really think the Giants are going Tackle. They don't think the Qbs will make it to them. I agree.

That would mean Alt is gone.

This would require a conversation between DE vs. WR, both very valuable, premium positions,

If Verse is there or if his value is greater than a trade back and getting Brian Thomas, Jr. or AD Mitchel.
I would think it would be Verse who is a blue-chip talent in his own right. Thomas and Mitchell are top end prospects but still need a lot of development.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
My question is, where will the Bears take a WR in this draft?

I feel like you might still be able to get a good one at 75. Or do they trade down from 9, and stockpile? The Keenan Allen trade seems to have given them more flexibility at 9. And that will all depend on who is still there at 9, I guess.
I expect the Bears to trade # 9 but what do I know, I was convinced Fields would be the starter for the Bears in 2024.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Nabors is an absolute Stud, given LSU history of WR's no question this guy will succeed in the NFL.
I know LSU has had a lot of top guys over the years but the coaching and system etc. etc. has changed so no guarantees.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
Nabers jumps off the tape. The way he changes direction, the speed, and the toughness are all next level. I'm 99% certain that they trade down from #9, but if Nabers was there, it would be a very hard choice.

msadows

Liked Posts:
its hilarious that Marvin Harrison Jr has all the same "red flags" Caleb Williams has, and yet everybody is absolutely positive he is the only lock in the draft.

deranged father... check

View attachment 35919

entitlement issues at combine... check

shut down against ND... check

I think he will be a good WR, but to say this guy is the only lock in the draft is insane to me. Nabers is just below Ja'Marr Chase as a prospect imo

It mostly the part where his father was one of the best WR's of all time.

Caleb, unless I'm missing something, comes from a random nutsack not a HOF one.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
It mostly the part where his father was one of the best WR's of all time.

Caleb, unless I'm missing something, comes from a random nutsack not a HOF one.
man someone should have told the NFL about brennen rice i guess!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Take BPA at 9. Bears don't have a lot of roster spots open so trading down doesn't make sense. They also already have a bunch of picks next year when they are also likely to play more in comp picks so this year should be about quality over quantity.

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I mentioned in a thread around the combine, but it’s gotten surprisingly silent on him and legitimately think he could be the best WR in this draft. It’s crazy. If he fell to 9, it would be a hell of a steal. I think he’ll run a good 40 though and he’ll skyrocket again.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the Bears will draft a WR at 9...Nabers, Odunze or MHj

I've been running thru scenarios in my head and the Bears have enough draft capital next year to make in season trades....Poles is not afraid of that...They could trade for another edge rusher mid season

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
1: the Bears were second to last in sacks last year.
2: 2 of their top 3 sack leaders won’t be back
3: they have added nothing to help the DL
4: EDGE sucks after round 1 this year
5: they invested 2 top 64 picks in DT’s last year
6: they have no more money for major signings

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

ndgt10

Liked Posts:
1: the Bears were second to last in sacks last year.
2: 2 of their top 3 sack leaders won’t be back
3: they have added nothing to help the DL
4: EDGE sucks after round 1 this year
5: they invested 2 top 64 picks in DT’s last year
6: they have no more money for major signings

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
We need Dallas Turner to drop