2024 NFL Draft discussion

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
I could definitely see them going with Verse via trade down then select a DT like Ruke Orhorhoro with the 2nd you’d get in the trade

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Since it seems logical Williams is the pick, screw the defense and load up on offense. First year is so critical for development that you can’t risk it. Bowers at 9 might be the under the radar pick that creates the mismatches that the Chiefs have had with Kelce. All contenders have Pro Bowl level play from the TE position. Kmet is decent but can’t create mismatches. Everett is a stop gap. Go Bowers.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Turner/Verse/Latu/Chop all seem possible
I really think Turner goes to Atlanta. Looking at what Poles has done with hedging WR with Allen, I don’t see the same level of acquisition for DE. Yes, there are some bodies still on the market, but he really didn’t fill that hole.

This parallels what he did last year with RT and Wright. I’m thinking Verse is the guy. As far as Verse and Turner going, I don’t think Poles goes Chop Latu. Instead, I think we see a slight trade back at that point. Those medicals. Chop is all potential, but what did he actually do?

So, if 2 DE’s go off the board it probably means Odunze or Nabers falls to us. I could see Poles grabbing either.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Since it seems logical Williams is the pick, screw the defense and load up on offense. First year is so critical for development that you can’t risk it. Bowers at 9 might be the under the radar pick that creates the mismatches that the Chiefs have had with Kelce. All contenders have Pro Bowl level play from the TE position. Kmet is decent but can’t create mismatches. Everett is a stop gap. Go Bowers.
Not sure if you’ve seen this yet, but Kollman called Bowers the best H-back he’s ever seen!

LIBlue

Liked Posts:
For a QB that played on a USC team with a shit defense, and forced him to play hero ball cause his team needed 40 points, I suspect he would not mind a good defense for a change.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
For a QB that played on a USC team with a shit defense, and forced him to play hero ball cause his team needed 40 points, I suspect he would not mind a good defense for a change.
Except defense already played at a high level without a second edge. Offense played like poop the entire season. 100 % of assets need to go into Caleb.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
DE is not necessary in draft....

Bears have picks to use during season as trade deadline approaches...

napo55

Liked Posts:
DE is not necessary in draft....

Bears have picks to use during season as trade deadline approaches...
Depends on the quality of players available. I doubt a DE like Verse would be available for a trade.

oping00@gmail.com

Liked Posts:
The chargers and giants have huge needs at wr which makes nabors and odunze very likely picks. Atl needs anybody who can get to the qb and they play a 3-4 D which makes turner a fit given his size, that leaves verse or latu at 9 or trade down. Choosing between them is like choosing nabors odunze . Not sure why latu is not getting more love as he led the nation in sacks was productive for 2 years and he checked out fine for his medicals at the combine.

LIBlue

Liked Posts:
Except defense already played at a high level without a second edge. Offense played like poop the entire season. 100 % of assets need to go into Caleb.
And we improved the WR position with Keenan Allen, made improvements at the Center position, and improved the offense with Caleb Williams. Who is our second DE?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Depends on the quality of players available. I doubt a DE like Verse would be available for a trade.
It comes down to who is available at 9 when the Bears pick....If they think a future all-pro is sitting there, take him....otherwise draft down for need...