2025 NFL Draft- keep an eye on this corner

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you have any thoughts on the back end players such as Stroman, Blackwell and Jaylon Jones? If I recall, they did pretty well when forced into service in 2022 due to injuries.
Let me watch them a bit more in pre-season. Should have plenty of chances with four pre-season games. I will revisit the thread then, and I'm sure if I'm wrong in a year or two people will remind me lol. It's all good though; life is short- I have bigger things I worry about being wrong about.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I was watching the Rome Odunze highlights vs Oregon from October 14th, 2023 and #11 from Oregon, Trikweze Bridges, played Odunze very tight. Now, admittedly, Odunze scored the game-winning touchdown on him, but as they say a perfect pass beats perfect coverage every time, and on even on the TD the corner was right there with him. I was generally impressed by how well #11 ran with Odunze.

Now for whatever reason this dude transferred to Florida after the 2023 season, so we're about to see how he does in the SEC and Wide-Receiver U LSU, so I might have to come back and eat my words. But my early view of him is that he kinda reminds me of Wollen for the Seahawks. Long, lanky, and can run.

He's a 4.48....I'd like to see a little more speed from a CB, perhaps his height makes up for it. Here's more info on Bridges.

Trikweze Bridges CB Oregon NFL Draft Profile & Scouting

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
By the way, Odunze played Oregon twice last season.

He had 16 catches for 230 yards and two TDs. He must have been “covered like a glove.”

What a joke.

gallagher

Ave Atque Vale
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
CB is certainly a position to continue investing late round picks. This is a position group that you need several players ready to go on game day, and one where an abundance of talent leads to compensation picks when they sign elsewhere.

The issue I would see is that this player is likely not a 5th rounder. I would hope he succeeds elsewhere (and not GB), because those top 100 draft picks are going to players who play a position of more pressing need. We can't know what happens in FA, but we do know that the DL and OL are not where they need to be.

gallagher

Ave Atque Vale
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats

He had 16 catches for 230 yards and two TDs. He must have been “covered like a glove.”

What a joke.
Odunze is known for beating coverage by making contested catches - I look forward to the highlights of him beating tight coverage wearing our colors.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

What a joke.
He was also wide open on almost every play against Michigan but the qb was throwing mitchel trubiskys all game long. It’s a waste of time explaining anything to black turd

Canth

Liked Posts:
injuries have a tendancy of changing that scenario

The Bears defense clearly needs the most help on the DL and especially pass rusher right now. I don't think that changes due to injuries. They actually have at least some depth in the secondary and almost no depth on the DL.

The only injuries I can think of that would change that would be along the OL. So, the focus will need to be on both DL and OL in the next draft. Honestly, it should be that you always draft OL and DL to develop each year. Controlling the line of scrimmage has just a huge impact on the game, everyone knows it, and yet...here we are.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

What a joke.
So what?

I'm pretty sure Gardner Minshew broke some PAC-12 records his senior year - he's on his 3rd NFL team now.

gallagher

Ave Atque Vale
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
@Black Rainbow 's mind thinks this way =

Peanut Tillman blanketed Randy Moss, means that randy moss is a slow TE.

Probably got his brain scrambled from all the dicks forced down his skull in prison.
Peanut Tillman is the matchup you want against Odunze if you are playing against him. Being able to muscle for position, and stay with the receiver when they go up for the jump ball, is what gave us so many great memories of games against Moss and Megatron. The smaller, twitchy, trail technique DBs that are required to cover and corral the speedster types will have a tough time with Odunze's catch radius. I think Jaire Alexander is going to have a tough time matching up against Odunze for that reason.

I would love to see Odunze be the agile type that gets open in one cut, and provides a big window swiftly for Williams. It is one of the things that Allen has made a lot of money for excelling at. Odunze is certainly athletic enough for it, it is just something that most WRs need to develop at the professional level.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
He was also wide open on almost every play against Michigan but the qb was throwing mitchel trubiskys all game long. It’s a waste of time explaining anything to black turd
It’s actually better Penix missed him for two scores when he was wide open. If those convert, there’s a good chance he doesn’t make it to 9. Scouts are human too and going well over 100 with two scores in the National Championship game would have held serious weight with evaluators. It might have landed him at 6.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
So what?

I'm pretty sure Gardner Minshew broke some PAC-12 records his senior year - he's on his 3rd NFL team now.
How in any way does Gardner Minshew correlate to Rome Odunze outside of PAC-12
roots?

Thanks for making my point for me regarding your knowledge.

I guess Caleb Williams is doomed too.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How in any way does Gardner Minshew correlate to Rome Odunze outside of PAC-12
roots?

Thanks for making my point for me regarding your knowledge.

I guess Caleb Williams is doomed too.
You keep referring to his college stats and draft grades like it's proof you're right about him as a pro.

I'm referring to watching his tape as to how he's going to TRANSLATE to the pros.

Big difference.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I was watching the Rome Odunze highlights vs Oregon from October 14th, 2023 and #11 from Oregon, Trikweze Bridges, played Odunze very tight. Now, admittedly, Odunze scored the game-winning touchdown on him, but as they say a perfect pass beats perfect coverage every time, and on even on the TD the corner was right there with him. I was generally impressed by how well #11 ran with Odunze.

Now for whatever reason this dude transferred to Florida after the 2023 season, so we're about to see how he does in the SEC and Wide-Receiver U LSU, so I might have to come back and eat my words. But my early view of him is that he kinda reminds me of Wollen for the Seahawks. Long, lanky, and can run.
CB is one of our very least needs though.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You keep referring to his college stats and draft grades like it's proof you're right about him as a pro.

I'm referring to watching his tape as to how he's going to TRANSLATE to the pros.

Big difference.
Well nobody can tell you how any player will translate from college to the pros. GM's and scouts that do this for a living can't do it so no way anyone that hasn't ever even been around the NFL game can. There's is no exact science to this shit.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

Big difference.
I’ve been watching his games for two years and have mentioned him many times on this forum as an elite prospect. The stats and evaluations align with my opinion.

His testing numbers validate what I’ve witnessed on the field.

Huge difference…