2025 NFL Draft- keep an eye on this corner

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’ve been watching his games for two years and have mentioned him many times on this forum as an elite prospect. The stats and evaluations align with my opinion.

His testing numbers validate what I’ve witnessed on the field.

Huge difference…
Is he a better prospect than Nabers?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Is he a better prospect than Nabers?
Nabers is a complete moron. He’ll have difficulty with the nuances of the pro game.
He has physical gifts. If they keep it simple and Jones can get the ball out he’ll make plays.

I absolutely prefer Odunze to Nabers.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Nabers is a complete moron. He’ll have difficulty with the nuances of the pro game.
He has physical gifts. If they keep it simple and Jones can get the ball out he’ll make plays.

It really was a good draft for receiver; there were guys that were taken after Odunze that are going to be around the league for a while. Fantastic year to have a shot at one of the best prospects - you just know that Odunze would have gone to the Jets (who are aiming for a playoff run) if we didnt take him.

I also like that he is a willing blocker - with his size and wingspan, I can envision him staying with his blocking assignment well down field to help keep a big run going. That aspect of his game is going to make him that much more effective when play action is called up, and will be the plays that offer him a chance to get north-south with a head of steam.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears defense clearly needs the most help on the DL and especially pass rusher right now. I don't think that changes due to injuries. They actually have at least some depth in the secondary and almost no depth on the DL.

The only injuries I can think of that would change that would be along the OL. So, the focus will need to be on both DL and OL in the next draft. Honestly, it should be that you always draft OL and DL to develop each year. Controlling the line of scrimmage has just a huge impact on the game, everyone knows it, and yet...here we are.
i agree with your take on the trenches, but a injury to Johnson WOULD change things

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
injuries have a tendancy of changing that scenario
True, but it all depends on who gets injured.

If it is a CB who is injured, chances are that the Bears are ok for 2024 and get that CB back in 2025.

If it is a S who is injured, the Bears are stretched thin but get the S back in 2025.

If it is a LB, again the Bears are ok in 2024 and get the player back in 2025.

If it is a DT, the Bears are in serious trouble with a rotation in 2024 and do not get growth from the injured player when he returns from injury in 2025.

If it is Sweat, the cupboard is bare in 2024 and is depleted in 2025, just like it was in 2024 before the injury, and has to rely on Sweat to be awesome even though he came back from injury.

If it is an OT, the Bears are stretched thin having to rely on a rookie draft pick to start without a viable backup in case of injury. Who knows how the OT comes back in 2025?

If it is a G, it should be expected because of the injury concerns for both starting guards.

If it is a C, it would make the C postion razor thin in 2024.

If it is a top WR, the Bears are ok in 2024 but didn't get luxury of having 3 top WRs on the team. Depending on the player, the Bears get him back in 2025.

If it is Kmet, the Bears are ok in 2024, shifting to less formations that require 2 TEs and more WRs.

If it is a RB, the Bears are ok when the go to a more RB by committee approach.

If it is Caleb, the Bears are screwed because they lose a year of development of their potential franchise QB.

If it is a K or a P, the Bears can bring in a free agent to survive in 2024 but lose the weapon of the Saucy Aussie's punting ability.

Any injury is problematic to downright disasterous but multiple injuries can derail the Bears in 2024, just like almost every other team.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
The Bears defense clearly needs the most help on the DL and especially pass rusher right now. I don't think that changes due to injuries. They actually have at least some depth in the secondary and almost no depth on the DL.

The only injuries I can think of that would change that would be along the OL. So, the focus will need to be on both DL and OL in the next draft. Honestly, it should be that you always draft OL and DL to develop each year. Controlling the line of scrimmage has just a huge impact on the game, everyone knows it, and yet...here we are.
Pittsburg has been at least a good team since the 70s and in the 2024 draft they picked up 2 offensive linemen with their top 2 picks and a G with great potential with their 4th round pick.

Coincidence?

I think not.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
He was also wide open on almost every play against Michigan but the qb was throwing mitchel trubiskys all game long. It’s a waste of time explaining anything to black turd
I looked at his Oregon tape and Penix was pretty damn awful in the game, throwing multiple balls which were uncatchable.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
i agree with your take on the trenches, but a injury to Johnson WOULD change things
Yes, it would but, at least, the Bears could bring out Terrell Smith and know that they are not playing with a scrub.

If Sweat is injured or when he needs a breather, the Bears would/will be playing with 2 scrubs.

Big difference.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I maintain that both sides of the line are the most pressing needs of the team, and have been for years. But as a former receiver I always pay attention to what goes on down the field, and in watching college games of our 1st round draft pick, this guy was intriguing.

The problem is how much of the draft has been invested into DBs by Poles at the cost of everywhere else.
It's like Angelo and LBs. You can't afford to waste picks like that.

Which 2nd round DB are you going to cut to throw another blind dart? What hole are you going to ignore for another year to get another DB you won't be happy with?
Fix the holes before you obsess with a position.

I'm sorry if it means you miss out on the next Tillman or Polamalu. You (Poles) should've thought about that before stacking the position before that player came up.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Well there's no way for you to be wrong with that answer.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Anyone can cover Odunze like a glove. I watched it happen in several games.

How did Bridges do against other wide receivers? That's probably more important.
yeah, the guy that led NCAA football in receiving yards and had 13TD's was covered like a glove in several games...

jesus christ, do you use that noodle hanging out in your head ever?!

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Posters that know considerably more about college prospects and the game have tried to educate the forum and you on what they’ve seen from Odunze. That group includes me, @Adipost, @Runruffshod75, @knoxville7, @Hawkeye OG, @Wild_x_Card, @msadows and many others.

Since you don’t get it. I thought I’d include the NFL.com take. Please don’t read Daniel Jeremiah ‘s report.
You’ll be depressed.

By Lance Zierlein
NFL Analyst
Draft Projection
Round 1
NFL Comparison
Larry Fitzgerald

Overview

A team captain with good size and elite ball skills, Odunze consistently dominated his competition. While most receivers look to open separation windows with speed or route running, Odunze seems to relish jump balls and contested catches. He shines in all aspects of ball skills, including positioning, body control, hand strength, timing and mid-air adjustments. He has a tendency to cruise through routes rather than working with attention to detail and pacing.

He was a decorated high school sprinter, so speed should not be an issue in the pros. He’s a high-volume target on the next level that play-callers can utilize to mismatch finesse cornerbacks. Elite ball skills are often the secret sauce for top NFL receivers, so it should not surprise if Odunze is a Day 1 starter who becomes a top-flight WR1.

Strengths

• Carries the frame and play strength of an NFL WR1.
  • Lacks rare speed but should be considered a playmaker.
  • Good separation talent.
  • Early eyes on the football to find positioning as quickly as possible.
  • All-star ball-winner with magnificent body control and acrobatic ball skills.
  • Brilliant job of bodying defenders and controlling air traffic.
  • Is going to be too strong and too skilled for some defenders.
  • Catches with strong, reliable hands away from his frame.

Weaknesses

• Rushes through early stages of his double moves.
  • Upright and gradual into top of the route on comebacks.
  • Attention to detail is missing from his routes.
  • Too content taking 50/50 battles rather than operating at top speed.
  • Room for greater effort as a run blocker.

Sources Tell Us

“Team captain. Good leader. Tough. Dependable. (Michael) Penix would just fling it up in the air sometimes and (Odunze) just went and got it. He’s my favorite player on the West Coast” - NFC regional scout

taint rainbow has me on "ignore" due to the fact that anytime he has engaged with me in the past, he has gotten absolutely wrecked. wrecked worse than his b hole in prison

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I think it only has like 5 posters not on ignore. Posters like @greg23 and @DanielCCSBears
reality is, i dont think he actually has ANYONE on ignore. its just a thing he says to avoid getting destroyed by those posters over and over again...he can claim he just isnt seeing their posts