'21 QB Class Watch Thread

jts1207

Liked Posts:
Nagy has this all figured out. Not concerned

napo55

Liked Posts:
Lance is apparently getting some time with the first string. It raises the real possibility he will start game one. Wonder if Nagy will give Fields some first team reps?

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Lance is apparently getting some time with the first string. It raises the real possibility he will start game one. Wonder if Nagy will give Fields some first team reps?
Well Lance is flat out outplaying garapollo. That isn't really the same story here

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No updates from today’s practices?

Also @Anytime23 can we add the CAR, DET and DEN QBs to this discussion? It does seem relevant since they all passed on JF1 as well.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:

Also @Anytime23 can we add the CAR, DET and DEN QBs to this discussion? It does seem relevant since they all passed on JF1 as well.
Don't know about the Panthers, but Lock and Bridgewater are still splitting reps, neither one has moved ahead of the other, and it appears Goff looks very average without the talent he had in LA.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Sorry i've been on a Knicks forum talking about free agency...

Haven't seen much this week outside of Lance. We can talk about the vet QB competitions if you want. I read that the Bridgewater/Lock competition is ugly.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How awesome would it be for Lance to turn out to be a Mahomes level talent. Imagine the league with 4 or 5 Mahomes level QB’s duking it out year after year. It would be like someone hit reset on the league back to 2000 and then busted out the cheat codes!

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
How awesome would it be for Lance to turn out to be a Mahomes level talent. Imagine the league with 4 or 5 Mahomes level QB’s duking it out year after year. It would be like someone hit reset on the league back to 2000 and then busted out the cheat codes!
A younger Mahomes in the NFC? Nah, I’m good.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Well Lance is flat out outplaying garapollo. That isn't really the same story here
Not according to Trent Williams. He has been saying that Jimmy G is the starter and Lance is still learning the pro game.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Apparently it was a practice to forget for generational QB Dennis the menace
1628386597135.png
1628386648902.png
1628386694365.png

napo55

Liked Posts:

Giving Fields some reps with the first string doesn't mean he's been anointed the starter. It's just common sense to give him experience and insure he will be ready in case of injury to Dalton. If Fields clearly outplays Dalton, then so be it!

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Giving Fields some reps with the first string doesn't mean he's been anointed the starter. It's just common sense to give him experience and insure he will be ready in case of injury to Dalton. If Fields clearly outplays Dalton, then so be it!
Yeah I would like to see him get some time with and against ones.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Yeah I would like to see him get some time with and against ones.

Eh, he is already getting some snaps against the 1st team defense according to various media reports. The offensive line is a mess in general right now. So, really the only ones you have not heard about him getting many reps with is Arob, Mooney, Kmet, and Graham, although I believe he has some with Mooney and Kmet.

They are giving Fields a lot of reps leading the 2nd team. My impression is that they have set-up in such a way to give more than normal reps to their 2nd team qb, likely at the expense of Foles - which is fine. And it sounds like Fields is making a bunch of those 2nd team receivers and tight ends look good.

Honestly, the Bears seem to be doing the right thing at qb. I know that doesn't sound right. But, it seems Dalton is playing well enough to keep his job and Fields is getting reps that let him go through various rookie growing pains while showing his talent. They are in a good place for the moment. I don't see the coaching staff being willing to mess with that at this time. I can only think of a couple of things that will change it. The real games start and Dalton plays like crap or gets hurt. Another team loses their starting qb, panics, and trades for Dalton ala the Eagles-Vikings with Bradford.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Eh, he is already getting some snaps against the 1st team defense according to various media reports. The offensive line is a mess in general right now. So, really the only ones you have not heard about him getting many reps with is Arob, Mooney, Kmet, and Graham, although I believe he has some with Mooney and Kmet.

They are giving Fields a lot of reps leading the 2nd team. My impression is that they have set-up in such a way to give more than normal reps to their 2nd team qb, likely at the expense of Foles - which is fine. And it sounds like Fields is making a bunch of those 2nd team receivers and tight ends look good.

Honestly, the Bears seem to be doing the right thing at qb. I know that doesn't sound right. But, it seems Dalton is playing well enough to keep his job and Fields is getting reps that let him go through various rookie growing pains while showing his talent. They are in a good place for the moment. I don't see the coaching staff being willing to mess with that at this time. I can only think of a couple of things that will change it. The real games start and Dalton plays like crap or gets hurt. Another team loses their starting qb, panics, and trades for Dalton ala the Eagles-Vikings with Bradford.
Bears can’t afford to trade Dalton thanks to void years.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
I have a feeling if this week's pre-season game goes how most think it will, Nagy will have to start giving him some time with the 1's the week after. I mean having Fields play the backups, this game is gonna likely make him look far better than Dalton....

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I have a feeling if this week's pre-season game goes how most think it will, Nagy will have to start giving him some time with the 1's the week after. I mean having Fields play the backups, this game is gonna likely make him look far better than Dalton....
Miami has a very good defense so I wouldn't be surprised to see Dalton struggle