'21 QB Class Watch Thread

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
There was a LOT of Mac Jones hate on here before the draft. Think he will be good. If we didn’t get Fields would have been happy with him…. But yeah he’d die with our Oline.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Agree on all fronts.

Fields is better tho, obviously.
For sure.

There was a LOT of Mac Jones hate on here before the draft. Think he will be good. If we didn’t get Fields would have been happy with him…. But yeah he’d die with our Oline.
I got annoyed with the hype surge he got after the Niners rumor. Like everyone praised NE for "stealing" Jones at 15 when up until the rumor, everyone had him going as high as 20 and into the 2nd round. He went right around where he should have. I would have been pissed if the Bears spent 2 1sts on him though. In hindsight with their tackle problems now, could you imagine how crazy everyone would be going?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No clue.

I'm worried about the board. Lots of meltdowns this week.
It's the vaccine. Strokes, heart attacks, psychosis, insatiable thirst for blood, but when it touches your lips your mind is lost forever.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
For sure.

I got annoyed with the hype surge he got after the Niners rumor. Like everyone praised NE for "stealing" Jones at 15 when up until the rumor, everyone had him going as high as 20 and into the 2nd round. He went right around where he should have. I would have been pissed if the Bears spent 2 1sts on him though. In hindsight with their tackle problems now, could you imagine how crazy everyone would be going?
Unbelievable that Fields fell and we got the right guy but I wouldn't have minded Pace jumping the Pats for Jones. I think a lot of us predicted that Mac wouldn't pass NE and you can't teach branes. He was still a much better prospect than what came next and we had a huge need. Very different draft with Jones, Radunz and still no 3rd and 5th.

So happy it went the way it did. Could you imagine this board if we traded up for slow white QB by our racist GM and gave up 2 additional picks to do it?

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How did Hurts look? I suppose we can add the Eagles to teams that could’ve/should’ve taken Fields.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He looked average. Many of my Eagles friends are hoping and wishing for Watson after last night's performance

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Unbelievable that Fields fell and we got the right guy but I wouldn't have minded Pace jumping the Pats for Jones. I think a lot of us predicted that Mac wouldn't pass NE and you can't teach branes. He was still a much better prospect than what came next and we had a huge need. Very different draft with Jones, Radunz and still no 3rd and 5th.

So happy it went the way it did. Could you imagine this board if we traded up for slow white QB by our racist GM and gave up 2 additional picks to do it?
It would have turned the board into a complete shit-show. If they passed on Fields, that might have done it for me. They never draft the guy i want and if he was there and they pass, it would have killed me.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
If Broncos draft Fields, Pace probably stays at 20 and drafts Teven Jenkins..

:grimmace:

Yogi

Liked Posts:
I thought Mac looked 'meh' last night. All very short passes, with the exception of two, both of which he overthrew open guys downfield. Didn't really attempt anything that would give you confidence he can make the tough throws.

Monster

Liked Posts:
I thought Mac looked 'meh' last night. All very short passes, with the exception of two, both of which he overthrew open guys downfield. Didn't really attempt anything that would give you confidence he can make the tough throws.

I thought the TD bomb should’ve been caught.
As far as short… that’s first game normal for confidence by design.
He will start over Cam… sooner than later.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I thought the TD bomb should’ve been caught.
As far as short… that’s first game normal for confidence by design.
He will start over Cam… sooner than later.
Cam is trash so that’s not saying much

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Ya I would have taken a hiatus if Bears got Mac. I was never closer to a tipping point than on draft night sitting with Dalton. And Mac did not move the needle for me...at all.