24x7 Sports author taking the under on Trubisky..

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Trubisky is 0-6 against NFC North opponents for his career, and that includes this year’s season opener in which he completely melted down and blew an enormous lead to Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field.

I completely forgot how Trubisky melted down and gave up 21 4th quarter points. Great article.
Hey, you're up in the panhandle right? Everything ok?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Second half Trubisky with 62 yards, I blame Mack.
It was a team failure. Gave up too many points, didn't score enough, and missed on a few critical plays that could have ended it.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
It was a team failure. Gave up too many points, didn't score enough, and missed on a few critical plays that could have ended it.

Absolutely, I was just swapping some sarcasm with the eye doctor.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
This writer seems to have a thing against Mitch. Kinda blamed him on things not his fault. Whatever, I still think Mitch will be the best of his class in the end.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yeah, west of the devastation. Thanks for asking.
I was talking to one of my buddies in PC. He said the same thing. He barely got anything, but areas close were completely devastated. Glad to hear you made out ok.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
He certainly didn't do much to seal the deal in the 4th quarter.

His last 4 possessions were 2-3 and outs, and then a 4th and 9 incomplete pass and got bailed out by a roughing the passer call on Clay Mathews, only to fumble on the next set of downs. Had one good drive to the GB 14, but could not get a TD in the redzone and settled for a fg. Not sure if this qualifies as a meltdown, but still.......

Second half Trubisky with 62 yards, I blame Mack.
Never said he played well, but funny how you all get triggered by suggesting he didn't single handedly blow a 20 point lead.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I was talking to one of my buddies in PC. He said the same thing. He barely got anything, but areas close were completely devastated. Glad to hear you made out ok.
Been in 3 hurricanes, the eye going right over the house twice. Also been close to a few more, the wind damage just a couple dozen miles away from the eye is significantly less damaging, especailly if you are on the west side. Never seen a storm go from nothing to such a monster so quickly.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Been in 3 hurricanes, the eye going right over the house twice. Also been close to a few more, the wind damage just a couple dozen miles away from the eye is significantly less damaging, especailly if you are on the west side. Never seen a storm go from nothing to such a monster so quickly.
I think I'm up to around 7 at this point. It's crazy how that works. I'm pretty sure that generally speaking, it is the Northeast quadrant that gets the worst of it as it moves in. Charlie, Frances, Jeanne all back to back was a rough year.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Never said he played well, but funny how you all get triggered by suggesting he didn't single handedly blow a 20 point lead.

It would be foolish to imply it was all on ether the O or the D, it was a team loss.

I completely forgot how Trubisky melted down and gave up 21 4th quarter points.

Triggered is right.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
It would be foolish to imply it was all on ether the O or the D, it was a team loss.
And as such I pointed out the idiocy of this statement from the author...Trubisky is 0-6 against NFC North opponents for his career, and that includes this year’s season opener in which he completely melted down and blew an enormous lead to Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field.

Which of course led to the predictable response.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh stop playing the persecuted drama queen, I said, " not sure if it qualifies as a meltdown, but still........."

I guess i need to fill in the blank for you as well

but still.......He deserves his share of the blame.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Oh stop playing the persecuted drama queen, I said, " not sure if it qualifies as a meltdown, but still........."

I guess i need to fill in the blank for you as well

but still.......He deserves his share of the blame.

Of course he does, Mitch threw for 62 yards in the second halve. There are certain posters on CCS that will never allow any blame to go Mole-Eye's way.

Team loss, Mitch is on the team, not floating above it.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
And as such I pointed out the idiocy of this statement from the author...Trubisky is 0-6 against NFC North opponents for his career, and that includes this year’s season opener in which he completely melted down and blew an enormous lead to Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field.

Which of course led to the predictable response.

Can you point out what is wrong with that statement you're arguing against? Sure the D sucked in the second half, that doesn't mean our QB played well or even average.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
I feel like some of you guys are seeing the NFL through the lense of fantasy football....a few weeks ago everybody was blowing their wad on Mahomes, this past weekend Mahomes played really well but didn't have great stats. I just think that people may be surprised if Trubisky has a 1TD performance and honestly as long as they win and he shows some growth I'm good for now. Would I like to be able to start him in fantasy someday and have him dealing...hell yes. That being said I bet OBJ would rather have Trubisky throwing to him right now than Eli.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I feel like some of you guys are seeing the NFL through the lense of fantasy football....a few weeks ago everybody was blowing their wad on Mahomes, this past weekend Mahomes played really well but didn't have great stats. I just think that people may be surprised if Trubisky has a 1TD performance and honestly as long as they win and he shows some growth I'm good for now. Would I like to be able to start him in fantasy someday and have him dealing...hell yes. That being said I bet OBJ would rather have Trubisky throwing to him right now than Eli.

Not sure who you are referring to as looking through the lens of fantasy football.

I certainly can't speak for all but I have always evaluated Trubisky on throws he makes vs. throws he had but didn't. I wouldn't be shocked if he had a 1 TD performance because he has had many 0 - 1 TD games. I wouldn't even be upset if he hits open deep balls and MIA was just that tight in coverage that he really had no opportunities for more. Or they pressured him so much that he missed some, but he settles down and hits the throws when it matters most.

That would show growth and would make me happy with his progress even if they lost.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Can you point out what is wrong with that statement you're arguing against? Sure the D sucked in the second half, that doesn't mean our QB played well or even average.
A QB can not blow a lead, no offensive player can. He/they can contribute adversely to the team not adding more to allow for defensive lapses but that makes no more sense than saying the defense blew golden scoring opportunities. I mean if he threw a few pick sixes sure, but he did not, he merely played mediocre while Nagy tried to sit on a lead in his first NFL game as a HC, understandable considering they were playing on the road at the division favorite and were poised for a huge upset.

Funny how pointing out that a reporter blaming MT for solely blowing a lead being fucking ridiculous, suddenly becomes not allowing any MT criticism.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A QB can not blow a lead, no offensive player can. He/they can contribute adversely to the team not adding more to allow for defensive lapses but that makes no more sense than saying the defense blew golden scoring opportunities. I mean if he threw a few pick sixes sure, but he did not, he merely played mediocre while Nagy tried to sit on a lead in his first NFL game as a HC, understandable considering they were playing on the road at the division favorite and were poised for a huge upset.

Funny how pointing out that a reporter blaming MT for solely blowing a lead being fucking ridiculous, suddenly becomes not allowing any MT criticism.

Except he didn't play "mediocre", he played below average, and it was his job to eat clock, and three and outs cluttered with incomplete pass's is not how you eat clock. Green Bay can't come back and win that game if they have one less possession.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Mitch played like shit for three quarters, if he was just slightly below average the Bears win the Packers game.

Team loss, Mitch is on the team, not floating above it.

Doc, if your problem is a poorly worded sentence in an otherwise completely factual article, get over it. No one here is saying the GB loss is 100% on Mitch, the opposite is happening, everyone agrees it was a team loss. You are one of the guys here that looses their shit if any criticism come close to dear sweet Mitchell.

I've said it 100 times, thank god Mitch is tougher than you pussies, he never would have made it this far with skin that thin.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Mitch played like shit for three quarters, if he was just slightly below average the Bears win the Packers game.

Ya'll standards got really high within the last 16 games. He didn't play like shit, if you want to see a QB playing like shit you should have turned the TV to the Dolphins game the last couple weeks.