$30M for Foles Graham Quinn

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I’ve said this before and get a lot of people disagreeing, but I stand by my statement that if Quinn doesn’t significantly improve this season, he is the worst FA signing in bears history based upon guaranteed $ and production.

The defense was much better at getting pressure when Edwards or others were on the field. I read an article sometime ago talking about Quinn re-aggravated the foot injury after the Giants game(sack on his 1st play). Raiders didnt sign him last year because of the foot injury; why the fuck did Pace sign a player with an injury? Reminds me of McPhee and his knee

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I don't get the Graham complaints.

He was 2nd in scoring next to Arob if I'm not mistaken.
I would add, it's really hard to evaluate wr and te with turbinsk throwing t them. With fields or dalton it will be a much fairer evaluation.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Would be nice to see our 2nd year guy Trevis Gipson stay healthy and show us something this year. He was hurt most of last year but i remember him starting to show a little something in the final few games, not much but enough for me to notice him out there. Round 5 pick but that's where Pace has been really good so lets hope he hit with Gipson, and then although i really wanted us to bring B.Mingo back i'm good with the J.Attaochu signing and like the Snowden kid we picked up in UDFA.
Jeremiah Attaochu is exactly the type of player that comes to the Bears and has the best year of his career.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Or Lamaar Houston. This team has overspent for some real shit edge rushers the past 10 years. But i'm hoping for that too. If he and Mack can bounce back, i'd be less worried about the defensive backfield.

Also, theyre paying Dalton 10M and theres a possibility he'll spend most of the season as a backup.

I'm afraid Dalton is going to spend half the season as the starter

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
1). Graham lead the Bears in receiving TDs last season.
2). Quinn was injured last year. I don't know what is so hard to understand about that.
3). Foles was who Nagy begged for, so blame Nagy.

cdubz11

Liked Posts:
I don't get the Graham complaints.

He was 2nd in scoring next to Arob if I'm not mistaken.
he can't block and he caught 1 yd TDs. i could've done that. ANY TE could've done that. i don't recall any spectacular catches he made like he did 10 yrs ago. i'm actually fine getting Graham as a backup for like $2M/yr. not as a starter for $8M/yr at age 34 lol

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
1). Graham lead the Bears in receiving TDs last season.
2). Quinn was injured last year. I don't know what is so hard to understand about that.
3). Foles was who Nagy begged for, so blame Nagy.
Can you not be terrible all the time plz thanks

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Quinn will be fine next year

People aren't giving Graham enough credit for how much he helped the Bears route running

jazzmcfunk

Liked Posts:
It was aggravating when Nagy would have him in the game between the 20s and have him on the sidelines in the RedZone. It was literally the worse management of personnel groupings I have ever seen in a season.

Monty on the sideline in short yardage/goal line and Kmet not getting enough reps between the 20's.

I hope to God Nagy comes to the realization that just because a certain play was designed for a personnel package, does not mean that the situation could not call for different players.

This alone is in my opinion the biggest failing when it comes to Nagy's coaching, he failed to tie the situation/defensive weakness to the best players....
I completely agree. I'm a pretty calm person, but there were times when I found myself yelling at the television over the last few years. One example is from two years ago when we played the Packers in the first game of the season. The game was close and we were on the 35 in a 3rd and short. The team sets up in an I formation (okay, all good there), then runs Cordarelle Patterson up the middle for a loss. We ended up punting, I think GB scored on the next drive and we eventually lost the game. It really felt like momentum shifted on that play.
The next game, I was astounded to see the same formation and play being run, with the same results. The week after, I was just gobsmacked to see the team do it again, with the same results. If it didn't work the first two times, why do it again? It's not like it's pop warner where teams don't spend a whole lot of time watching film.

The other play that I might as well rant about was this year past when we were playing Jacksonville. Montgomery at that point was averaging around 6 yards per play. We got a PI to take us to the 1 yard line. Then an offside to take us to the 1/2 .The team comes out in a spit gun formation, and I'm yelling "Just run the damn ball". The Bears call a timeout. I think "good some second sober thought here'. They ran the ball on a TE end around, loss of 7. Then the call a dive to Montgomery for a 3 yard gain, then an incomplete pass through the end zone, then a FG. Again, I was astounded over the insanity. Hopefully this new year bring more sound football common sense.
My mantra has always been if you get inside the 5 yard line, run it 4 times in a row. If you can't score, then you need new players. Getting cute makes you look like a total buffoon.

Last edited:

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
he can't block and he caught 1 yd TDs. i could've done that. ANY TE could've done that. i don't recall any spectacular catches he made like he did 10 yrs ago. i'm actually fine getting Graham as a backup for like $2M/yr. not as a starter for $8M/yr at age 34 lol

if you’re able to go catch 1 yard TD’s for millions a year, you should probably consider a career change

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He was brought in to help resolve red zone issues.....at 8TDs he seems to have helped.....

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I'm more upset about the eighteen million just for Allen Robinson II, to be honest.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'm afraid Dalton is going to spend half the season as the starter
As long as he's playing well and winning or at least competing in the games then let him start.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

msadows

Liked Posts:
Jimmy Graham is still here because of Justin Fields.

If you have a young QB you need a reliable TE threat. Yea, Jimmy is old and busted but still has good hands and knows how to get seperation, even if its minimal. If fields is as accurate as he's talked up to be then Graham should have a decent season again.

Not sure you can bank your TE position, which is probably the most important skill position in this offense, on cole kmet.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Lol I don't really like Graham on the roster and there is plenty to complain about with him, but it isn't that

I wanted jimmy gone until we got fields. Before then I felt like he was just taking some catches away from kmet's development.

Now, I want as many talented vets around fields as possible. Teach that man how to be an NFL player. Graham has played with 3 of the best QB's of all time(4 if you count superbowl MVP nick foles). I'm sure he can provide a ton of insight towards fields development.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I wanted jimmy gone until we got fields. Before then I felt like he was just taking some catches away from kmet's development.

Now, I want as many talented vets around fields as possible. Teach that man how to be an NFL player. Graham has played with 3 of the best QB's of all time(4 if you count superbowl MVP nick foles). I'm sure he can provide a ton of insight towards fields development.
I see the value he adds, I just don't see it being worth what we are paying him. I'm fine with them keeping him, but would rather have his money go towards a Fisher or CB. Id even be fine with rolling it to next year to have an impact on the construction of that roster. I think we have coaches like Flip that should be able to do the grooming portion. Idk, I'm fine either way, but would personally move on from him.