$30M for Foles Graham Quinn

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
1). Graham lead the Bears in receiving TDs last season.
2). Quinn was injured last year. I don't know what is so hard to understand about that.
3). Foles was who Nagy begged for, so blame Nagy.
1. Graham was super inefficient and makes way too much money to be a redzone only player.

2. Quinn sucked and then the injury appeared.

3. Foles is on Nagy, but at some point Pace should have put his foot down. Also, Foles was a desperation move because of Mitch,”

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Considering it would be a 14 mil dead cap hit if we were to get rid of him or trade him, Foles likely isn't going anywhere.
You're right, I didn't know it was that bloody outrageous. It was a terrible trade even without the money angle....with it...WTF. At least there is some relief in 2022 plus I'm sure the cap will go up.....it's "only" a $7 mill hit for Foles at that point.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
It was aggravating when Nagy would have him in the game between the 20s and have him on the sidelines in the RedZone. It was literally the worse management of personnel groupings I have ever seen in a season.

Monty on the sideline in short yardage/goal line and Kmet not getting enough reps between the 20's.

I hope to God Nagy comes to the realization that just because a certain play was designed for a personnel package, does not mean that the situation could not call for different players.

This alone is in my opinion the biggest failing when it comes to Nagy's coaching, he failed to tie the situation/defensive weakness to the best players....
There’s some on here who would like to convince you this stupidity was Mitch or foles fault.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
1). Graham lead the Bears in receiving TDs last season.
2). Quinn was injured last year. I don't know what is so hard to understand about that.
3). Foles was who Nagy begged for, so blame Nagy.

2) You don’t know what’s so hard to understand about the other 29/30 GMs knowing Quinn had drop foot and Pace kind of didn’t do his job properly?
3) why is that relevant, Nagy wanted Fields while Pace wanted Glennon Mitch and Marriota lol

Regarding point 1, this is like his 5th team.. for a reason.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Guys like Jimmy Graham Martellus Bennett etc are probably not what I want in the locker room with a franchise QB

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
Graham doesn’t bother me so much especially with the red zone td’s but Foles and Quinn are not contracts that I will forget were given out.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No question Pagano's conservative DEF calls held back Quinn. He should not be dropping back in coverage so much.

Graham is decent enough to roll with, if not slightly overpaid and surely misused by Nagy who puts him and D Monty on the bench within the 10 FAR TOO MUCH! Dammit Nagy. Fields will ask for a fix to these dumbass calls soon enough. Count on it.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I keep hearing Graham would be good to have around for Fields, and i agree, but i think he's just as helpful for Dalton. The guy might be getting paid a couple extra mil too much but i don't think you'd find many, if any, QB's in the NFL that wouldn't want him on their team. Having that big reliable TE on offense especially in the red zone is huge. He's not what he used to be but if he hasn't lost anything from last year then he's still very useful.
Graham should not be in the same conversation as Foles and Quinn.

Graham was an over pay, but he does have value.

Foles and Quinn were massive over pays and have next to no value.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Foles was the parting shit on your shoe of the Trubisky miss. That mistake costs us so much fall out damage.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Graham should not be in the same conversation as Foles and Quinn.

Graham was an over pay, but he does have value.

Foles and Quinn were massive over pays and have next to no value.
I wouldn't say Foles was a massive overpay but still a overpay, just not really by all that much IMO. Quinn was really bad and i'm really hoping he turns it around this year which we're all hoping for and i think he will.

jive

Liked Posts:
If it weren't for these bloated contracts, we'd still have Kyle Fuller. Pro bowl #1 CB is way more valuable than a #3 QB that no other team wants.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't say Foles was a massive overpay but still a overpay, just not really by all that much IMO. Quinn was really bad and i'm really hoping he turns it around this year which we're all hoping for and i think he will.
You'd think we were paying foles 20 mill/yr

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You'd think we were paying foles 20 mill/yr
Yeah i don't understand why everyone thinks it was such an overpay. I'm more angry about giving up the 4th round pick than i am paying him $6-$7 mil cause that's not horrible for a veteran backup who i'm sure many teams wouldn't mind having as their top backup. We got him to restructure his contract before we traded for him as well to where i think the Jags were paying him $20 mil a year or something like that. I could be wrong on that but pretty sure i remember they were paying him that much.