Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's how many fumbles Fields has in 35 games. For those not good at math, that's 1 fumble per game.

Just for comparison to other mobile QBs:

Murray: 36 fumbles in 60 games
Hurts: 33 fumbles in 56 games
Allen: 56 fumbles in 89 games
Jackson: 52 fumbles in 82 games

Starting to seem like this is going to plague Fields for years to come. Something to consider if you want to keep Fields.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That's how many fumbles Fields has in 35 games. For those not good at math, that's 1 fumble per game.

Just for comparison to other mobile QBs:

Murray: 36 fumbles in 60 games
Hurts: 33 fumbles in 56 games
Allen: 56 fumbles in 89 games
Jackson: 52 fumbles in 82 games

Starting to seem like this is going to plague Fields for years to come. Something to consider if you want to keep Fields.

Fumbles are the number one issue with CW too.

puckthefackers

Liked Posts:
I question JF1 decision making. like he rarely throws a 50/50 ball, he needs the receiver to be OOOOpen to pull the trigger. just frustrating to watch him continue to cough up the ball trying to do 2 much

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's just not the guy. After the first set of scripted plays, it's clear he doesn't know what he's doing 50% of the time. Seems like a great guy with all the talent in the world, but it ain't working. Couple his flaws with an incompetent OC and HC, and this thing is about to be rebuilt yet again.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fumbles are the number one issue with CW too.

Yikes... I just looked it up. 32 fumbles for Williams.

The more I hear about this dude, the more he scares me. Starting to like the other QBs more.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I question JF1 decision making. like he rarely throws a 50/50 ball, he needs the receiver to be OOOOpen to pull the trigger. just frustrating to watch him continue to cough up the ball trying to do 2 much
One thing that bothers me about Fields is that when he decides he's running, he abandons other options. I watch other QBs in the league, and when the play breaks down, they begin to scramble, but they're still aware of guys breaking open and making the play with their arms instead. Fields seems to lock in on the run and not even notice guys who have gotten open and he misses bigger plays as a result.

CJ Stroud's TD pass to Nico Collins yesterday was a good example of that. There was nothing there, so Stroud stepped up and looked to run for the first (which he would have gotten with his legs), but once he saw Collins work to the middle of the field, he dumped it to him instead and it turned into a TD. I feel like Fields routinely misses these types of plays. Makes them sometimes, but not enough.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
One thing that bothers me about Fields is that when he decides he's running, he abandons other options. I watch other QBs in the league, and when the play breaks down, they begin to scramble, but they're still aware of guys breaking open and making the play with their arms instead. Fields seems to lock in on the run and not even notice guys who have gotten open and he misses bigger plays as a result.

CJ Stroud's TD pass to Nico Collins yesterday was a good example of that. There was nothing there, so Stroud stepped up and looked to run for the first (which he would have gotten with his legs), but once he saw Collins work to the middle of the field, he dumped it to him instead and it turned into a TD. I feel like Fields routinely misses these types of plays. Makes them sometimes, but not enough.

He relies/falls back on what he know he's good at: running it, because that's what he's comfortable with.

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe the Bears org should invest in an actual OLINE
Wasn't there a graphic tonight indicating that JF has the longest time to throw, on average, in the NFL? Or is that skewed b/c of his scrambling?

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
Well I'm just glad he learned how to throw screen passes 200x per game from watching Bagent. Really improved the Bears offense and scoring.
He's so good at throwing them, he thinks he can throw it through a defender's chest while being stared down by said defender.

More practice during the bye week ought to get him there. Keep firing, Justin.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe the Bears org should invest in an actual OLINE

Very little to do with the fumbles, especially when he's running it.

For example.... Between 2006-2009, Big Ben was one of the most sacked QBs in the league (189 sacks in 61 games), and in those 61 games, he fumbled it only 35 times.

Fields just can't hold onto the ball. The two he had today, the ball came out so easily.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Very little to do with the fumbles, especially when he's running it.

For example.... Between 2006-2009, Big Ben was one of the most sacked QBs in the league (189 sacks in 61 games), and in those 61 games, he fumbled it only 35 times.

Fields just can't hold onto the ball. The two he had today, the ball came out so easily.

Then the offensive game plan should include throws past the line of scrimmage instead of him running for his life every play.

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
My question is...when these stupid ass playcalls come in, why doesn't Fields have the STONES to call an audible? Why is he such a bitch? He's not a rookie. Fuck Getsy. He should be playing for his life. This offense is so easy that "Bag Boy" said he had it mastered already.

Pull your head out of your ass, Fields, and pull a Griese.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Wasn't there a graphic tonight indicating that JF has the longest time to throw, on average, in the NFL? Or is that skewed b/c of his scrambling?
It’s bc he holds onto the ball too long

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Incorrect. Dude literally scrambled to find Moore on the game winning drive not even a day ago. One of his best Tds this year was him scrambling to the sidelines, jumping and finding Kmet in the end zone