4 QB's, only 3 spots on the Roster

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
I think there's no way we're carrying 4 QB's into the season. No way Glennon at his cost is cut. No way we move Trubs to the PS.

So, it really comes down to Sanchez or Shaw.

If we move Shaw to the PS, he's going to get picked up by another team. Right now, he's th eonly QB we have on roster who has spent any time in Loggains O.

So, do we cut Sanchez?

We paid him $750K to sign, and he's guaranteed a total of 1 mil. So reality is we only owe him 250K at this point (rest is sunk)

I'm keeping Shaw and releasing Sanchez.

You?

framesh1ft

Liked Posts:
Who cares? They both suck ass. I'm not going to lose any sleep over butt fumble or caleb hanie 2.0.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Would rather kick Sanchez to the curb and keep Shaw (at least Shaw could have some up side still). But it sounds like they like Sanchez as a mentor for Trubisky. And Sanchez actually has some real starting experience, so that's something you want from a backup QB position.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
is this like 2 girls 1 cup

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Mark Sanchez is pretty much a coach. Dallas brought him in as a mentor for Dak Prescott.

Sanchez is viewed as a mentor QB.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
He had better be a really good mentor. I'd keep Shaw personally.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Keep Sanchez because long neck will go down by game 4 and no reason to toss the kid out there.

framesh1ft

Liked Posts:
Keep Sanchez because long neck will go down by game 4 and no reason to toss the kid out there.

I'd rather see Howard just take wild cat snaps for the rest of the season than see butt fumble take a snap

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
I think thy cut Shaw. The upside he might have cannot possibly compete with upside and the 2nd overall pick. What would his role be?

I'd cut Sanchez!

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
I think there's no way we're carrying 4 QB's into the season. No way Glennon at his cost is cut. No way we move Trubs to the PS.

So, it really comes down to Sanchez or Shaw.
If we move Shaw to the PS, he's going to get picked up by another team. Right now, he's th eonly QB we have on roster who has spent any time in Loggains O.
So, do we cut Sanchez?
We paid him $750K to sign, and he's guaranteed a total of 1 mil. So reality is we only owe him 250K at this point (rest is sunk)
I'm keeping Shaw and releasing Sanchez.
You?

If he's eligible, Shaw goes to the PS, imo. I don't think teams will lock up a roster spot by stealing him early, maybe later in the season. Sanchez will actually be valuable for his mentoring on Trubs, imo.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Who cares? They both suck ass. I'm not going to lose any sleep over butt fumble or caleb hanie 2.0.

Because when Glennon goes down, you either bring in one of these guys or your rookie.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Talk about a non-issue. Carry all four and make Shaw play on coverage units for all I care, he'd probably do better at that than playing QB anyways.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd assume Shaw is gone.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Move Shaw to free safety. :beartroll:

Seriously, though - I'm not invested in this decision at all. Do whatever it takes to develop the quarterback of the future. If that means Sanchez holding a clip board then so be it.

Akuma2000

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd keep Shaw, he showed potential in the pre-season last year and was definitely a lock for the back up qb spot before he got injured with a broken leg and no one knows how he might have done during the season when Brian Hoyer got hurt.

I think Sanchez will be on the bubble.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Dump Shaw. Keep Sanchez around because he at least has some experience.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I think if Shaw wouldn't have broken his leg he might have taken Cutler's job last year. He will be the #2 and Trubisky won't see the field after preseason.