4 QB's, only 3 spots on the Roster

TL1961

Liked Posts:
If he's eligible, Shaw goes to the PS, imo. I don't think teams will lock up a roster spot by stealing him early, maybe later in the season. Sanchez will actually be valuable for his mentoring on Trubs, imo.

Agreed (And in a way, I cant believe I am saying that.) If Sanchez is a mentor, that's more than Shaw.

At what point will Shaw be a guy we actually would want?

Glennon gets hurt, you want Shaw as QB? Why?

He gets better than he is now? Who cares? Will that really be better than Trubisky or Glennon? And in reality, if he truly has a chance to be better than Trubisky (he doesn't, but hypothetically), do you think the Bears want that to happen?

Shaw may be gone tomorrow.

framesh1ft

Liked Posts:
Because when Glennon goes down, you either bring in one of these guys or your rookie.

If Trubisky can't even be their #2 QB they really F'd up that pick. You don't pick a dude at #2 overall if you don't think he could come in and develop on the field. I can't imagine a worse look than having Shaw or butt fumble come in over your #2 overall pick.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
If Trubisky can't even be their #2 QB they really F'd up that pick. You don't pick a dude at #2 overall if you don't think he could come in and develop on the field. I can't imagine a worse look than having Shaw or butt fumble come in over your #2 overall pick.

Don't disagree. I think he'll be our starter before year end.

But, I do think there is also an argument to keep him on the bench.

I think if the Bears suck for their first 10-11 games as I think they will, the fans will be screaming for Trubs.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Sanchez sucks ass

of underage girls. Keep him away from Mitch.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
That Peterman fella.

I wouldn't put it past them.

My guess is since Pace wrote himself a note saying "Mitch no matter what"....he could have moved other QBs further down his board.

Are you on the Trubisky train or is going to be another 8 years of pure hell with you?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shaw is coming off major injury, doubtful anyone plucks him off the PS, Sanchez was mentioned for his mentor role.

I think they like their QB room and I kinda like it too. Gabbert...Glennon...were kinda my wildcard type guys that for me haven't been proven to suck yet. I like that Pace is throwing the necessary darts at QB, I think he might have screwed himself with the 49ers deal but we may never know. The secondary could have used those picks though, or maybe we could have taken Obi and then still got Shaheen in the third, or ended up with Sprinkle instead. Another big guy. Shaheen is worrisome, that he can get manhandled at his size/speed. Hopefully he can be fixed, but I see him as a 3 year project that is going to be woefully overwhelmed in his first year.

Paces track record with TEs so far is not good, and also with WR's. Hopefully it improves. Don't know what the fuck is with him and the passing game, but he seems incapable of getting dynamic guys who can catch the ball, or dynamic guys who can defend guys that can catch the ball.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
THAT would certainly create a helleva QB competition buzz in camp & beyond.

Hire Gruden as QB consultant and everybody will feel good about themselves. By year's end, keep 2, trade the middle one for player/pick(s) or dump the worst if shitty (circus carousel plan backfire if so). :smug2:

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Tough one.

1. A QB that led his team to two Conference Championship games.
2. Career 14-28, 177 yards, 0 TD's, 1 Int.

This could take some time...

for idiots.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't put it past them.

My guess is since Pace wrote himself a note saying "Mitch no matter what"....he could have moved other QBs further down his board.

Are you on the Trubisky train or is going to be another 8 years of pure hell with you?
I was thinking Mahomes but I will support Trubs until given very good cause not too. I'm impatient but will try not to be with him. I'd love to see him become a Superstar. He's not like Cutler. Jay made it very easy for people to dislike him.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shaw is coming off major injury, doubtful anyone plucks him off the PS, Sanchez was mentioned for his mentor role.

I think they like their QB room and I kinda like it too. Gabbert...Glennon...were kinda my wildcard type guys that for me haven't been proven to suck yet. I like that Pace is throwing the necessary darts at QB, I think he might have screwed himself with the 49ers deal but we may never know. The secondary could have used those picks though, or maybe we could have taken Obi and then still got Shaheen in the third, or ended up with Sprinkle instead. Another big guy. Shaheen is worrisome, that he can get manhandled at his size/speed. Hopefully he can be fixed, but I see him as a 3 year project that is going to be woefully overwhelmed in his first year.

Paces track record with TEs so far is not good, and also with WR's. Hopefully it improves. Don't know what the fuck is with him and the passing game, but he seems incapable of getting dynamic guys who can catch the ball, or dynamic guys who can defend guys that can catch the ball.

Good point about Shaw's broken leg.

Seems they did get Sanchez to cover their six & mentor. Could dump him tho, but doesn't feel like they would. TBD.

Shaheen is TBD with high physical upside. - Different thread for that.

Not sure why you say incapable on TE. Only in his 3rd draft of total rebuild with TE being further down the list. Absolutely shot his load for dynamic measurables with high ceiling. - Different thread also.

Interesting to now see how "plan C" for impact early, later QBs could have played out. I wouldn't have minded Adams, BPA, BPA, Peterman/Kayaa, but just me. Not hating on Mitch but - Different thread for that.

34_Bear

Liked Posts:
Is it plausible that they dress three QB's and Shaw is on the PS? Trubisky is inactive on Game day?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good point about Shaw's broken leg.

Seems they did get Sanchez to cover their six & mentor. Could dump him tho, but doesn't feel like they would. TBD.

Shaheen is TBD with high physical upside. - Different thread for that.

Not sure why you say incapable on TE. Only in his 3rd draft of total rebuild with TE being further down the list. Absolutely shot his load for dynamic measurables with high ceiling. - Different thread also.

Interesting to now see how "plan C" for impact early, later QBs could have played out. I wouldn't have minded Adams, BPA, BPA, Peterman/Kayaa, but just me. Not hating on Mitch but - Different thread for that.

Because he went all in on Khari Lee and then doubled down and used a roster spot for him again. LOL. Fucking clown.

He traded a superbowl caliber TE in his prime with 6'7" 275 lb versatile traits because his jokes made no fucking sense.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
shaw to the PS

Sent from my RCT6303W87M7 using Tapatalk

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Is it plausible that they dress three QB's and Shaw is on the PS? Trubisky is inactive on Game day?

What's the rule for bringing your #3 into a game? Can't sub him back out except for injury?
That would be OK early in the season but later I'd want him to go in at the half and come back out if he starts blowing it.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i think if shaw wouldn't have broken his leg he might have taken cutler's job last year. He will be the #2 and trubisky won't see the field after preseason.

lol

34_Bear

Liked Posts:
What's the rule for bringing your #3 into a game? Can't sub him back out except for injury?
That would be OK early in the season but later I'd want him to go in at the half and come back out if he starts blowing it.

He can dress but he is inactive for the game so in the Bears case if that happens it would have been the emergency QB. Last year it was the punter? That's why Walter Payton was the best.

34_Bear

Liked Posts:
He can dress but he is inactive for the game so in the Bears case if that happens it would have been the emergency QB. Last year it was the punter? That's why Walter Payton was the best.

Problem is it takes up a roster spot