dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Umm perhaps you need to read the post that caused this.

The dude was shitting on Mack based on playoff runs so I responded by pointing out Mack's accolades compared to the GM he is always dickriding. If you are going to knock Mack for playoff appearances then I think it is fair game to note the first round picks DaBears is desperate to keep has not led to a single playoff, pro bowl, all pro, DPOY or OPOY the year under Pace.

Remy trying to clear his own mess up....lol

Damn Pace basher

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
What is there to explain

In response to a poster saying there is risk in drafting Mack and that there are pros and cons I pointed out there are pros and cons to keeping those drafts picks. The con being you could easily draft a bust like Pace did with White.

Like what do you want me to do in this situation? Pretend like the draft is not a risk just to make you feel warm and fuzzy? If people are going to continually harp on the 1st round picks then it is perfectly reasonable to point out Mack is a surer thing than 1st round pick who could easily be a bust. It is like some of yall are hurt by the truth.

Still trying to clean up his senseless Pace bashing.

Like nobody on here knew that the chance of drafting someone better then Mack will be hard to do.....we all know who Mack is and what he's done but to turn it into a Pace bashing was a typical Remy thing to do when there was no reason for it...FOH

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Goldman and Amos extensions would take a big chunk of cap

But never know if we do trade what type of trade package we are offering. If it’s just draft picks or combo of picks and a player(s). Pick plus one of these guys Goldman, Floyd, Howard would be only players I can see Oakland would be interested in

If an Amos extension takes a "big chunk of the cap" that would be a huge mistake......If Amos gets top safety money we have a problem

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
It's not just giving up 2 high draft picks. It is giving up 2 high draft picks that would be cheap on the rookie scale and then signing Mack to the richest defensive player deal in NFL history. A deal that would limit the Bears in free agency in other areas.

I would only offer one 1st rounder for Mack and if they say no, they say no.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's not just giving up 2 high draft picks. It is giving up 2 high draft picks that would be cheap on the rookie scale and then signing Mack to the richest defensive player deal in NFL history. A deal that would limit the Bears in free agency in other areas.

they would say no

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Send them a 1st, mid round pick and mid round pick next year and Kyle Long.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

If they sign Mack, what position are the Bears going to be looking for in FA to make a splash? What position in the draft would be affected by us getting Mack? I could be wrong, but when I make a list of needs on this team, the only glaring need I see is Pass Rusher. Now, if you see other glaring needs on this roster, please tell me. I really can't find another glaring need.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
they would say no

This much is obvious. Jets keep calling them(allegedly) but didn't they already trade away several future picks?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
If an Amos extension takes a "big chunk of the cap" that would be a huge mistake......If Amos gets top safety money we have a problem

I mean combining what he gets and what Goldman gets will be a big chunk. I didn’t mean his individual contract

Plus since we have the cap space now it’s all how they structure it. If they want they can pay more up front now so that we have good steady cap going forward. They might use all the 20 mil in cap this year on both those players so that the following years they will have a lesser impact on the cap

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
My trade offer for Mack tops would be this

Either Floyd or Howard preferably Floyd. If we had Mack we wouldn’t need to extend Floyd and could look at complimentary players. And if it’s howard I love what he does but I take Mack over a rb any day

Plus add a first next year and a second the following year

I think that is the most I’m offering

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If they sign Mack, what position are the Bears going to be looking for in FA to make a splash? What position in the draft would be affected by us getting Mack? I could be wrong, but when I make a list of needs on this team, the only glaring need I see is Pass Rusher. Now, if you see other glaring needs on this roster, please tell me. I really can't find another glaring need.

It isn't necessarily a glaring need, but the difference between a good player and a difference maker.

Bears lack difference makers.

Going down the defense there are a bunch of good players and Hicks as our only difference maker. I am hoping Jackson can become a difference maker and possibly Smith.

The rest of the guys are generally good players and complimentary players that play next to difference makers.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My trade offer for Mack tops would be this

Either Floyd or Howard preferably Floyd. If we had Mack we wouldn’t need to extend Floyd and could look at complimentary players. And if it’s howard I love what he does but I take Mack over a rb any day

Plus add a first next year and a second the following year

I think that is the most I’m offering

Didn't even think about offering Floyd but you can never have too many pass rushers. Oakland would much rather have Floyd than anyone else on the roster.

sewie

Liked Posts:
Living in Washington state, all I get is damn Seahawks talk and they're freaking out about Pete Carroll playing a song "return to the mack" on his Twitter account I guess. Espn Brock Huard is encouraging everyone to follow Mack on Twitter, because he thinks that'll get him on the team. Can't stand this fan base.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:

1. We don't know how good Trubisky is yet. If proves himself over the next 2 years to be a star, he will want an extension after year 3. If he sucks, we need to draft another QB high and if we sign Mack, we wouldn't have the resources to do so.

2. Have to find a way to resign Goldman after next year. He will command top dollar for interior D-Line.

3. Have to be prepared to resign Howard after next year.

4. Have to be prepared to resign Floyd after next year.

5. Injuries and just the nature of the NFL where one day players or positions look like strengths and the next day they suck. I want to have options in free agency.

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:

Probably would consider getting another tackle to replace Massie. But you're right, if you look at the roster, it looks like the Bears' most glaring needs are pass rushers and depth for the most part. Depending on how RRH or Bullard do, there may still be a need for a DE opposite of Hicks.

We dropped big money on CBs so I doubt that'll happen but I'd say that after OLB, RT, and potentially DE, CBs would be the next ones you could arguably upgrade (though if Fuller continues his improvement, this could be completely wrong and despite what Prince got, you could still find a better CB but I'd draft their replacement given the contract lengths).

Depth at certain positions is thin, especially up front. No swing tackle, no back up NT to spell Goldman, and if either Amos or Jackson go down, I wouldn't really want any of the back up S. Either way, I think getting Mack won't necessarily impede the ability to fix these issues, but you'd have less capital to work with (both in draft and in FA).

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Living in Washington state, all I get is damn Seahawks talk and they're freaking out about Pete Carroll playing a song "return to the mack" on his Twitter account I guess. Espn Brock Huard is encouraging everyone to follow Mack on Twitter, because he thinks that'll get him on the team. Can't stand this fan base.

Seahawks just traded for Brett Hundley.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
1. We don't know how good Trubisky is yet. If proves himself over the next 2 years to be a star, he will want an extension after year 3. If he sucks, we need to draft another QB high and if we sign Mack, we wouldn't have the resources to do so.

2. Have to find a way to resign Goldman after next year. He will command top dollar for interior D-Line.

3. Have to be prepared to resign Howard after next year.

4. Have to be prepared to resign Floyd after next year.

5. Injuries and just the nature of the NFL where one day players or positions look like strengths and the next day they suck. I want to have options in free agency.

Howard won't break the bank. He'll get a nice contract but it'll be team beneficial as opposed to a Gurley/Bell type of deal.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean combining what he gets and what Goldman gets will be a big chunk. I didn’t mean his individual contract

Plus since we have the cap space now it’s all how they structure it. If they want they can pay more up front now so that we have good steady cap going forward. They might use all the 20 mil in cap this year on both those players so that the following years they will have a lesser impact on the cap

Still, both those players should(n't) take a big chunk of 23 million. Despite PFF Amos isn't a top safety...he is a good solid safety but he can't change the direction of a game on his own. 4 to 5 million a year maybe with more money on the back end of the contract, not up front.

Goldman could get more, but I don't see Dontari Poe numbers......6 million a year for Goldman maybe...that would put him as the number 6 highest paid 3-4 DT in the league.

That would amount to less than half of that money depending how they structure it.

Last edited:

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Which current Bears player would you rather have than Mack. The only guys that come to mind are Trubs if he ends up being a Franchise QB. And Trubs will need a big contract just as Mack's contract is winding down so not much overlap. Smith even if he is an All-Pro won't matter as by the time he is due big money Mack's contract will be expiring as well. So let's go through some options.
I had a strange thought this morning, not even sure that it is even allowed.

Wouldn´t it be an interesting idea to give Trubisky a 3 year extension now? There is no way that he deserves the big-time money that a top 10-15 QB would get. So the Bears could get him to take an extension that is nice for his current lack of production but would be a sizable savings if he suddenly explodes and would not be that bad if he became a middle of the pack QB. Remember that all contracts are always increasing and the Bears would be extending Trubisky´s 6[SUP]th[/SUP] through 8[SUP]th[/SUP] seasons. So while the numbers would look big today, they would not be so bad when the extension comes around in 6 years.

Of course, it is a gamble, but if Trubisky becomes a top half of the league QB, he would be a serious bargain for 8 years.

Suddenly, Mack or anyone else that they happen to get would be affordable.