D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The worst part is, Trubisky has already eclipsed Garoppolo.

Jimmy G has been in the league for 6 years, and has never thrown for more than 2 tds in a game.

Jimmy G’s ceiling is a less mobile Alex Smith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I take it they have a tough time seeing the 49ers sideline?

Maybe the guy wasn’t a fan, when Alex Smith played there...

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Just imagine how salty you would be if you were a 9ers fan and you watched your franchise pass on Watson, trubisky, or Mahomes to draft Solomon fucking Thomas. Lmao.

So fucking bad.

Then watched that same team get Khalil Mack, go to the playoffs when you were supposed too and then beat you later in the year. 49ers are cucks

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Russell Wilson and Big Ben were trashed at the beginning of their careers as game managers....they turned out ok

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
The hate that Trubisky gets around the league from talking heads to fans is interesting.....not sure why....
I've noticed it too. I don't ever remember fans of random teams taking shots at any QB the way they do Mitch. I guess people feel/felt like he sucks and just want to be right.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
He had nowhere near the pocket presence he had against gb. More up and down. Maybe nagy was being conservative but looked like they were toning down Mitchell running a Maserati offense.
Why show anything new? It was a game manager type of game with an extreme outside shot at the two seed

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Californians are the fucking worst, no doubt about that. The IQ of the black hole is probably single digits. Raiders fans are a bunch of try-hard (to be badass) fucktards.

I would say that the Eagle fans are the worst. Which other fan base had an actual jail installed in the stadium for fans?

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I've noticed it too. I don't ever remember fans of random teams taking shots at any QB the way they do Mitch. I guess people feel/felt like he sucks and just want to be right.

These days if you don't throw for 4500 yards with a QB rating of 105 or better you suck. It is the new norm these days. Trubisky's numbers would have been all pro 20 years ago but now they are just ok. I'm not complaining, I'm just pointing out that the talking heads like the guys that create highlight reel plays. Trubisky is solid for a new quarterback but not flashy and flashy sells in today's media.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Mitch Trubisky is about a thousand times better than Ben Roethlisberger was to start his career. Other than that, there actually is an identical parallel to Roethlisberger's early Steelers years---Super Bowl contending team propelled by their defense and a young quarterback who is growing.

Roethlisberger's first five years in the league:

04 - 2,621 yards; 17 TDs, 11 INTs
05 - 2,385 yards; 17 TDs, 9 INTs - WON SUPER BOWL
06 - 3,513 yards; 18 TDs, 23 INTs
07 - 3,154 yards; 32 TDs, 11 INTs
08 - 3,301 yards; 17 TDs, 15 INTs - WON SUPER BOWL

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:

Jimmy G has been in the league for 6 years, and has never thrown for more than 2 tds in a game.

But how can that be? Jimmy G made the NFL network top 100 after six games last year. He must be amazing.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Mitch Trubisky is about a thousand times better than Ben Roethlisberger was to start his career. Other than that, there actually is an identical parallel to Roethlisberger's early Steelers years---Super Bowl contending team propelled by their defense and a young quarterback who is growing.

Roethlisberger's first five years in the league:

04 - 2,621 yards; 17 TDs, 11 INTs
05 - 2,385 yards; 17 TDs, 9 INTs - WON SUPER BOWL
06 - 3,513 yards; 18 TDs, 23 INTs
07 - 3,154 yards; 32 TDs, 11 INTs
08 - 3,301 yards; 17 TDs, 15 INTs - WON SUPER BOWL

That was 10 years ago. The league is completely different.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
That was 10 years ago. The league is completely different.

Not really. Not to the extent you're thinking.

There were five quarterbacks in 2004 who threw for more than 4,000 yards. Roethlisberger was 22nd in yards that year.

He was 21st the following year.

He was around 20th in TDs.

Roethlisberger only threw for more than 18 touchdowns in a season once in his first five years.

He threw more interceptions than touchdowns in his third year as a full-time starter. That's....not good.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

He’s thrown 3tds in a half.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still dont trust Mitch enough to just assume he is going to perform well going into a game. I'm also concerned because what I've considered to be mostly inconsistency is looking more and more like real limitation.

I can mitigate that to an extent by saying that he is less experienced than most comparable starters. I'm also not suggesting that we've seen anything close to his ceiling.

But if I'm still at that point with Mitch, it will be quite a while before national narrative turns. A super bowl MVP might help.....

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still dont trust Mitch enough to just assume he is going to perform well going into a game. I'm also concerned because what I've considered to be mostly inconsistency is looking more and more like real limitation.

I can mitigate that to an extent by saying that he is less experienced than most comparable starters. I'm also not suggesting that we've seen anything close to his ceiling.

But if I'm still at that point with Mitch, it will be quite a while before national narrative turns. A super bowl MVP might help.....

Trubisky needs to be good on the road. I thought yesterday was his best game on the road. He had a couple of "trying to do too much" errors, but other than that he was taking what the defense was giving up, throwing with authority and moving the ball. The 9ers were not giving up the deep ball, but Trubisky still found a way to average 8.3 yards per attempt....

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trubisky needs to be good on the road. I thought yesterday was his best game on the road. He had a couple of "trying to do too much" errors, but other than that he was taking what the defense was giving up, throwing with authority and moving the ball. The 9ers were not giving up the deep ball, but Trubisky still found a way to average 8.3 yards per attempt....

So are you starting to trust him in adverse situations then? Hopefully I can get there soon.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Turdbisky played well. The 49ers D is pretty damn good and the Rams are about to find that out next week!

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
But how can that be? Jimmy G made the NFL network top 100 after six games last year. He must be amazing.

1fd426623d4aadaca8581c51d28b43fb.jpg