49ers, not Bears, trade to #3 to get top QB in draft...

Rise

Liked Posts:
Lol, the Bears are going to go another year without drafting a quarterback high in the draft, and, instead, torture us by filling the QB room with two journeyman vets and probably a low-end rookie with no upside and act like they've made progress.

There is ZERO excuse for the Bears to get beaten out by any team when it comes to trading up in this draft. Andy Dalton can NOT be an option to start next year. You just can't have that happen.

Cowboys have to start dalton and it’s seasons over. But for the bears he is qb1 in March no less. Truly sad and pathetic.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Cowboys have to start dalton and it’s seasons over. But for the bears he is qb1 in March no less. Truly sad and pathetic.

I mean they were in it until the last game!

I kid I kid...... that division was a dumpster fire.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Players from Alabama have said over the years the practices are harder than the games. There's more talent on Alamaba than there is in Lance's whole conference.

Yes, I understand that. Not sure how that's relevant when it comes to "experience". And I wasn't comparing the talent at Bama and NDSU. I was comparing Bama vs. the FBS field and NDSU vs. the FCS field. NDSU is the Alabama of the FCS. They aren't loaded with NFL prospects, but they generally have better talent and better coaching than every team they face.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
not getting in the middle of this but although they have the same number of starts, Jones has almost twice as many attempts as Lance does - 556 - 288

I'll give you that, though those numbers don't include Lance's game in 2020. Point remains, that doesn't mean one is NFL ready and one is not.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yes, I understand that. Not sure how that's relevant when it comes to "experience". And I wasn't comparing the talent at Bama and NDSU. I was comparing Bama vs. the FBS field and NDSU vs. the FCS field. NDSU is the Alabama of the FCS. They aren't loaded with NFL prospects, but they generally have better talent and better coaching than every team they face.

If you don't see the value of practicing for several years against future NFL players instead of future teachers, lawyers, doctors, whatever.... then I can't help you.

And I promise those 17 games for Jones he played against way more future NFL players than Lance did.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
There is ZERO excuse for the Bears to get beaten out by any team when it comes to trading up in this draft.

Are you serious? The 49ers just gave up 3 first rounders to move up 9 spots and arguably draft the 3rd best QB in the draft.

That like going to the car lot with your buddy and telling him, "you had ZERO excuse to not buy that 1998 Toyota Corolla for 8k. You needed a car you idiot".

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Does Nagy like Dalton more than Darnold? Dalton is a 1-2 year bridge. Darnold could bust but there are several really smart people in the NFL that think he can still be a very good long term starting QB.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
If you don't see the value of practicing for several years against future NFL players instead of future teachers, lawyers, doctors, whatever.... then I can't help you.

If that's the case AJ McCarron should be an NFL star, right? Jalen Hurts should have done better than a 77 QB rating. Jake Coker couldn't parlay that experience to even getting an NFL career. But I'm sure he took that practice experience with him in insurance sales.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
man...these Zach Wilson throws are amazing. The guy has an arm. Hard to believe at the beginning of the year, we thought he was a sleeper the Bears could draft late in the first. The kid's arm is amazing.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
they can get an OT or WR at 6
They could, or they could be playing money ball with that pick and doing a big trade down with someone in there Bears range who is desperate on draft day. Recouping everything they dealt in the trade up and then some. They've positioned themselves perfectly to do just about whatever they want. BPA, trade down. The world is thier oyster.

Last edited:

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If that's the case AJ McCarron should be an NFL star, right? Jalen Hurts should have done better than a 77 QB rating. Jake Coker couldn't parlay that experience to even getting an NFL career. But I'm sure he took that practice experience with him in insurance sales.

Yes, because OBVIOUSLY experience is the only determining factor for success in the NFL.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
man...these Zach Wilson throws are amazing. The guy has an arm. Hard to believe at the beginning of the year, we thought he was a sleeper the Bears could draft late in the first. The kid's arm is amazing.

That's why I laugh every time someone says...." well next years draft class sucks."

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Lol, the Bears are going to go another year without drafting a quarterback high in the draft, and, instead, torture us by filling the QB room with two journeyman vets and probably a low-end rookie with no upside and act like they've made progress.

There is ZERO excuse for the Bears to get beaten out by any team when it comes to trading up in this draft. Andy Dalton can NOT be an option to start next year. You just can't have that happen.

LOL

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Wtf? All that to move up 9 spots? Holy shit...

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
While there is value in practicing and playing against better players, there is also value in being successful with lesser players. So in the end don't think it really matters as much as the underlying talent and ability. Otherwise Bama QBs would be dominating the NFL.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
While there is value in practicing and playing against better players, there is also value in being successful with lesser players. So in the end don't think it really matters as much as the underlying talent and ability. Otherwise Bama QBs would be dominating the NFL.

Before you completely go full vortex here.....

The original comment by @rawdawg was:

Mac Jones - 17 college starts = pro ready
Trey Lance- 17 college starts = needs to sit for a year

I stand by my take that Mac Jones is more pro ready because of his school and his level of competition/practice.

That DOES NOT mean Lance can't turn out better. You are 1000% correct that underlying talent and ability matters more in the long run.