5 Years from now...

Parkway Drive

Liked Posts:
Let's just go ahead and make our predictions, on record. Five years from now, presumably after 4 full seasons as a starting QB, Mitch Trubisky will be:

A.) Not on the team, because we didn't pick up his 5th year option- he sucks.

B.) Very, very average/middling talent. An Alex Smith type player that doesn't turn the ball over a lot, but can't *win* you games.

C.) A good, solid, top-12 QB in the regular season that puts up good numbers, but seemingly isn't ready for the big stage in the post-season (think pre-2016 Matt Ryan, or Matthew Stafford ish).

D.) The. Real. Deal. At least one pro bowl appearance, and at least 3 post season victories, with at least one super bowl appearance.

....I select D. I believe Mitchell Trubisky will win a super bowl for the Bears.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let's just go ahead and make our predictions, on record. Five years from now, presumably after 4 full seasons as a starting QB, Mitch Trubisky will be:

B.) Very, very average/middling talent. An Alex Smith type player that doesn't turn the ball over a lot, but can't *win* you games.

C.) A good, solid, top-12 QB in the regular season that puts up good numbers, but seemingly isn't ready for the big stage in the post-season (think pre-2016 Matt Ryan, or Matthew Stafford ish).

D.) The. Real. Deal. At least one pro bowl appearance, and at least 3 post season victories, with at least one super bowl appearance.

....I select D. I believe Mitchell Trubisky will win a super bowl for the Bears.

not with Pace/Fox he won't. Should have gotten the OC of the future before drafting a QB.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
However, I will say this....

Before the draft I mentioned a couple of times that if Shanny and the 9ers passed on one of these QBs, I'd be very wary of the Bears picking one. Shanny is the ultimate QB guru and offensive mastermind. The fact that Solomon Thomas was their guy over Trub or any of the QBs is somewhat concerning.

With that said, Cousins and next years QB class MAY have gone into that decision. But you have to admit, if you think a QB is the real deal, and you have a guy in place like Shanny to evaluate and develop them, you would think you take him and don't look back. The 9ers didn't. We'll see what happens.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

Before the draft I mentioned a couple of times that if Shanny and the 9ers passed on one of these QBs, I'd be very wary of the Bears picking one. Shanny is the ultimate QB guru and offensive mastermind. The fact that Solomon Thomas was their guy over Trub or any of the QBs is somewhat concerning.

With that said, Cousins and next years QB class MAY have gone into that decision. But you have to admit, if you think a QB is the real deal, and you have a guy in place like Shanny to evaluate and develop them, you would think you take him and don't look back. The 9ers didn't. We'll see what happens.

That guru wanted CJ Beathard in the 3rd round. So there's that...

Parkway Drive

Liked Posts:

In a way, I almost hope that if after FOUR entire seasons of starting he is only B.... that we, just go A and start over. 4 entire seasons after a redshirt is plenty of time to find out who a guy is.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
And Loggains was his QB coach...so we must be in good hands right?

I'm not down on Loggains at all. But he's not Shany.

That guru wanted CJ Beathard in the 3rd round. So there's that...

That guru is the best OC in the game and smarter than anybody on this board when it comes to QBs and an NFL offense. So there's also that...

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Probably B which means he'll get the Cutler treatment and stick around for 8 years wasting everybody's time.

[video=youtube;SfS328h_7Og]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfS328h_7Og[/video]

I thought that was you Robbie

South Dakota Bear

Liked Posts:

I'm not saying you are wrong, and you are entitled to your opinion, but why do you believe that? He sat on the bench for 3 years at UNC. Not exactly a hotbed of QB talent. He was 8-5 his lone season as a starter, after learning for 3 years. That's what a lot of the meatheads think he will be doing in Chicago. Learning for a year or two. It didn't do anything for him in college. It's not like his talent is oozing off the screen when you watch him on tape/tv.

Do you believe he will win the SB because you are a meathead fan or do you have other reasons? Not trying to insult you with my word choices. Just asking a legitimate question.

I believe he will be a failure and Pace will be gone and we will still be rebuilding in 5 years. We blew it at the draft when there was a ton of defensive help that could have helped our team for years.

Parkway Drive

Liked Posts:
I disagree with your QB eval skills SDakota Bear. Quite simply....

1.) Accuracy is on-point.
2.) His processing speed on the field/with reads is quite strong.
3.) He does not get rattled easily.... at all.

The dude is going to be good. That is my opinion.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

I don't buy the QB guru talk as much as many do. B.O'Brien is supposedly a QB guru but couldn't do a damn thing with B.Osweiler, B.Arians (who's i'm a huge fan of) can't so much with C.Palmer and i can name many supposed QB guru's that had seasons that their starting QB stunk it up. If the QB has talent then he'll be good and if he doesn't he won't no matter who's the OC or HC. Now i do think there's OC's and HC's that are better with their QB's then others but if your QB doesn't have the talent then he won't make it.

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
I say 'C'

But what will make Bears fans cry is that J.Adams will be a three time probowler by then.... while Kizer will be a top 10 QB and have the Browns challenging for the AFC championship.