5 Years from now...

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I will say optimistically somewhere between B and C.

However, history says somewhere between A and B is where the smart money is from a betting perspective.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'm not down on Loggains at all. But he's not Shany.

That guru is the best OC in the game and smarter than anybody on this board when it comes to QBs and an NFL offense. So there's also that...

Saying he's smarter than anyone on this board is a given since every coach in the NFL no matter what position they're coaching is smarter then anyone on this board when it comes to football that is....lol. Now some might not think this is true but those people are just wrong is all...lol

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I say 'C'

But what will make Bears fans cry is that J.Adams will be a three time probowler by then.... while Kizer will be a top 10 QB and have the Browns challenging for the AFC championship.

If the Jets don't find a legit QB, Adams could be a perennial all-pro and they'll still be 6-10.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We all want the D.... is that what you wanted to hear OP? IS IT?!?!?

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
I want to say D so goddamned bad. I'll still be ecstatic if he's C

PickSix

Liked Posts:
And 8 years from now ...
F. Super Bowl Champion

After 40 years of aimless plodding, Mitchell leads Chicago to the promised land. All CCS rejoices!

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
It's 2017, and you're gay bashing? Would like to offer an actual thought on the Bears or is hatred the only action you're capable of?

Who said anything about homosexuality? I'm just saying you're a whiny little bitch and just mad that you were wrong in thinking they would go defense and still carry butthurt about not getting Ronnie Lott and Troy Palamaleou all in one like Adams was supposed to be rather than an accurate, efficient, talented QB. This is more your style.
crybaby.JPG

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
However, I will say this....

Before the draft I mentioned a couple of times that if Shanny and the 9ers passed on one of these QBs, I'd be very wary of the Bears picking one. Shanny is the ultimate QB guru and offensive mastermind. The fact that Solomon Thomas was their guy over Trub or any of the QBs is somewhat concerning.

With that said, Cousins and next years QB class MAY have gone into that decision. But you have to admit, if you think a QB is the real deal, and you have a guy in place like Shanny to evaluate and develop them, you would think you take him and don't look back. The 9ers didn't. We'll see what happens.

or... the 49ers and Shanny thought they could accumulate more picks and still get their guy Trubisky at #3... until, they were wrong and the Bears took him.

They are on record as not knowing who Chicago wanted to trade into that spot to draft. They assumed it was Thomas, but they were wrong. If they came out and admitted the above scenario, they would have been TORCHED. So, they helped with the torching of Ryan Pace, instead of maybe admitting their mistake and draft CJ Beathard... lol

edit: If the 9ers really wanted Thomas... why did they trade with Chicago, if that's who they thought Chicago wanted? It makes zero sense. They thought they could get more picks and still get Trubisky.

Last edited:

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
I hope D.

I expect C.

i will lose my shit if it's A or B

South Dakota Bear

Liked Posts:
I disagree with your QB eval skills SDakota Bear. Quite simply....

1.) Accuracy is on-point.
2.) His processing speed on the field/with reads is quite strong.
3.) He does not get rattled easily.... at all.

The dude is going to be good. That is my opinion.

You are entitled to your opinion.

My problem is that everybody is acting like just because we took a guy at #2 that he is a lock to be a franchise QB. We reached for a one year player, a guy that rode the bench for 3 years behind guys that aren't even in the league. When he got his chance he went 8-5.

I'm just tired of people acting like we traded up for Andrew Luck. This guy is FAR from a sure thing and is more likely to bust.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
However, I will say this....

Before the draft I mentioned a couple of times that if Shanny and the 9ers passed on one of these QBs, I'd be very wary of the Bears picking one. Shanny is the ultimate QB guru and offensive mastermind. The fact that Solomon Thomas was their guy over Trub or any of the QBs is somewhat concerning.

With that said, Cousins and next years QB class MAY have gone into that decision. But you have to admit, if you think a QB is the real deal, and you have a guy in place like Shanny to evaluate and develop them, you would think you take him and don't look back. The 9ers didn't. We'll see what happens.

You don't know that they weren't looking to take Trubisky with the #3 pick.

More, if the 49ers didn't want/need a QB in this draft, why did they use their 3rd round pick to take a QB?

South Dakota Bear

Liked Posts:
Who said anything about homosexuality? I'm just saying you're a whiny little bitch and just mad that you were wrong in thinking they would go defense and still carry butthurt about not getting Ronnie Lott and Troy Palamaleou all in one like Adams was supposed to be rather than an accurate, efficient, talented QB. This is more your style.
crybaby.JPG

So talented that he went 8-5, lost to bad teams, and rode the bench for 3 years because he couldn't beat out Marquese Williams. That guy's not even in the league.

Huge reach that is going to bust is my prediction.

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
Let's just go ahead and make our predictions, on record. Five years from now, presumably after 4 full seasons as a starting QB, Mitch Trubisky will be:

A.) Not on the team, because we didn't pick up his 5th year option- he sucks.

B.) Very, very average/middling talent. An Alex Smith type player that doesn't turn the ball over a lot, but can't *win* you games.

C.) A good, solid, top-12 QB in the regular season that puts up good numbers, but seemingly isn't ready for the big stage in the post-season (think pre-2016 Matt Ryan, or Matthew Stafford ish).

D.) The. Real. Deal. At least one pro bowl appearance, and at least 3 post season victories, with at least one super bowl appearance.

....I select D. I believe Mitchell Trubisky will win a super bowl for the Bears.

After FIVE years, D is possible and I sure do hope that it is D and that they win the Super Bowl within the next five years, but I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that yes, they'll have a potential dynasty assembled within five years. That's just how strongly I feel for this GM, Ryan Pace. No doubt about it, if Trubisky is the next big QB and Pace keeps having drafts like the one he had last year, they'll be a perennial contender with at least one SB title within the next five years.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;SfS328h_7Og]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfS328h_7Og[/video]

I thought that was you Robbie

Poor guy. That intro on top of the name was brutal.

napo55

Liked Posts:
That guru wanted CJ Beathard in the 3rd round. So there's that...

And who was that genius offensive coordinator for Atlanta who lost the team a Superbowl with a couple of the most amazingly bonehead calls? What was his name?

broughtupbears

Liked Posts:
I hope D.

I expect C.

i will lose my shit if it's A or B
That.

I think D is aiming super high for a kid that will likely be redshirted.

I expect Cish or a bit better.

Hopefully I finally kick my bear addiction if it's A or B

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
i belive in trubs and did long before the draft. he was the only first round talent at the position imo. but i dont care for any of the ops choices, itll probably be somewhere between c and d. hell have success in the next 5 years, but i dont know about 3 post season appearances as well as a SB appearance. and a lot depends on the coaching staff going forward.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let's just go ahead and make our predictions, on record. Five years from now, presumably after 4 full seasons as a starting QB, Mitch Trubisky will be:

A.) Not on the team, because we didn't pick up his 5th year option- he sucks.

B.) Very, very average/middling talent. An Alex Smith type player that doesn't turn the ball over a lot, but can't *win* you games.

C.) A good, solid, top-12 QB in the regular season that puts up good numbers, but seemingly isn't ready for the big stage in the post-season (think pre-2016 Matt Ryan, or Matthew Stafford ish).

D.) The. Real. Deal. At least one pro bowl appearance, and at least 3 post season victories, with at least one super bowl appearance.

This thread would've made a perfect Poll. Unfort this board's vBulletin is weird on how to create one with a post. You have to check the box at the bottom and actually SUBMIT the post before it lets you create the poll. It's weird and feels like you've messed up but no.

Not sure if you can still add the poll afterward with an edit or not...just an FYI to the OP or others. MUCH easier to look at poll results for a thread like this than numerous pages of posts with letters all over.

NhRFOAV.gif

03o4an6.gif