72-10 watch

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Warriors slipping a bit. Shouldn't have lost to Denver. Their next 6 games are against:

@ Detroit
@ Cleveland
@ Chicago
Indiana
San Antonio
Dallas

They will lose 2 of these, possibly 3.

For the remainder of their season, they still have: 3 games against OKC, 3 games against SAS (2 away). They will also have the occasional stumble against an inferior opponent like they did last night against Denver.

They may hit 70, they won't break the Bulls record.

I have a real hard time saying that a team with a 36-3 record is "slipping". They were down by like 9 points in the Final minute to Denver and Curry still managed to almost win it by himself basically after cutting it to 1.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Warriors slipping a bit. Shouldn't have lost to Denver. Their next 6 games are against:

@ Detroit
@ Cleveland
@ Chicago
Indiana
San Antonio
Dallas

They will lose 2 of these, possibly 3.

For the remainder of their season, they still have: 3 games against OKC, 3 games against SAS (2 away). They will also have the occasional stumble against an inferior opponent like they did last night against Denver.

They may hit 70, they won't break the Bulls record.

Green was out

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
I have a real hard time saying that a team with a 36-3 record is "slipping". They were down by like 9 points in the Final minute to Denver and Curry still managed to almost win it by himself basically after cutting it to 1.

They're 7-2 in their last 9. They were 29-1 in their first 30. That's slipping. They aren't keeping pace with what they need to do. 7-2 for each remaining 9 game stretch isn't going to get it done.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yea that's part of sports bud. They're not going to play full strength for 82

Great point? What? Green was out and they lost a game. They are still on pace to beat it. Thats part of sports bud. This is professional sports not a rec league pickup game.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They're 7-2 in their last 9. They were 29-1 in their first 30. That's slipping. They aren't keeping pace with what they need to do. 7-2 for each remaining 9 game stretch isn't going to get it done.

7-2 in their last 9 is better than every NBA team right now except the Spurs. That's a .777 winning percentage which projects to 69.4 wins if they finish at that pace. I'd say that is doing exactly what they need to do. They also won their last 7 games before tonight's loss.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Great point? What? Green was out and they lost a game. They are still on pace to beat it. Thats part of sports bud. This is professional sports not a rec league pickup game.

No you made a stupid point about Green being out. Who cares? They're not going to play full strength for the full 82. That's part of sports bud.

As for their pace, depends on how you look at it. Do you consider their 29-1 run to be the norm or do you consider their recent 7-2 to be the norm. Based on their remaining schedule, I'm inclined to think 7-2 will be the norm and they will fall short.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
I'd say that is doing exactly what they need to do.

The topic of this thread is 72-10, not NBA's best team. For the purpose of the discussion in this thread, they are not doing what they need to do recently. As you said, 7-2 the rest of the way will get them to 69 or 70 wins. By my calculation, that would mean a failure to beat the Bulls 72-10.

And let's not kid ourselves. No matter what these guys or the coaches say about not chasing the Bulls, anyone with half a brain knows they are going for it. So at the end of the season I don't want to hear any shit about "Well we don't really care about the season record. We just want to win another title."

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
No you made a stupid point about Green being out. Who cares? They're not going to play full strength for the full 82. That's part of sports bud.

As for their pace, depends on how you look at it. Do you consider their 29-1 run to be the norm or do you consider their recent 7-2 to be the norm. Based on their remaining schedule, I'm inclined to think 7-2 will be the norm and they will fall short.

They rested Green. He wasn't hurt. So, do you think thats the norm of them resting him? I would say no. Let it play out and stop trying to play with numbers. They are 36-3. They are on pace. Thats it bud

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
ESPN says Curry is the 4th best PG ever...behind Magic Robertson and Stockton

Stockton is overrated by ESPN then. Because Curry is way better. And Paul is better too. And Jerry West was a PG too and he was better than Stockton.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
With that sort of complex thought process, you must have read "Statistics for dummies" recently. Congrats!

Yes, because statistics aren't more accurate with larger sample sizes or anything.

:yep:

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Yes, because statistics aren't more accurate with larger sample sizes or anything.

:yep:

Go to dictionary.com and try to wrap your head around the following word: outlier.

Then please take an entry level stat class at your local JUCO so you can better understand "regression toward the mean."

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Go to dictionary.com and try to wrap your head around the following word: outlier.

Then please take an entry level stat class at your local JUCO so you can better understand "regression toward the mean."

Yes, because a 7-2 in the last 9 will give you more of an example than 29-1. I see you conveniently left out the rest part for Draymond. Wouldn't the smaller sample be the outlier to the larger? Maybe I should ask my stats teacher from last semester on Jim Johnson school of statistics. By your logic, the Warriors are 0 and 1 in there last game. Thats means they are on pace to go 36-46. They will never win again! Regression toward the mean. lol Get the fuck out of here.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
They rested Green. He wasn't hurt. So, do you think thats the norm of them resting him? I would say no. Let it play out and stop trying to play with numbers. They are 36-3. They are on pace. Thats it bud
Well 96 Bulls started 41-3.. So Warriors can match that then beat it, or obviously lose another and theyre behind the 96 Bulls.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well 96 Bulls started 41-3.. So Warriors can match that then beat it, or obviously lose another and theyre behind the 96 Bulls.

So, 41-3 was there outlier? :thinking: :elephant:

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:

Silence must have thought Warriors were going 80-2 when they got to 29-1, lol.

"Hey brah, they're on pace for 80 wins maaaaaaaaaaannnn." LOL