72-10 watch

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Warriors go 3-4 or under and the record lives on.

Warriors go 4-3 and the record is tied.

Warriors go 5-2 or better and the record is broken.

Record is fucked.

You know what so fucked now. They have been on cruise control for awhile now. Watch them play. Nothing like they will play in the playoffs. Its quite crazy. I say they give effort for about one quarter a game because they score so fast. Spurs are doing the same thing. I don't think its going to be to climatic when they play each other the rest of the regular season.

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:
You know what so fucked now. They have been on cruise control for awhile now. Watch them play. Nothing like they will play in the playoffs. Its quite crazy. I say they give effort for about one quarter a game because they score so fast. Spurs are doing the same thing. I don't think its going to be to climatic when they play each other the rest of the regular season.

Spot on. It's almost like they've grown bored of these games haha. The WCF is really what we have to look forward to, will be the only real contest this season.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They're definitely getting the record.

Oh well... It was nice while it lasted.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Let's be honest. All the stars lined up perfectly for them. There were atleast a handful of games that the other team outplayed them but just didn't finish it. Going way back to the Nets game IN Golden State in November where Lopez missed an uncontested layup to win at the buzzer. The Thunder game where Durant turns it over with 10 seconds left and a 2 point lead, then they foul Iggy on a fadeaway 20 footer. The Jazz game last night where the Jazz were under 50% from the line. The Hawks game where they had numerous open 3s in OT that they missed. 7-0 in OT all together.

They are a historic team, but they have been lucky too that they don't have a record similar to San Antonio.

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:
Let's be honest. All the stars lined up perfectly for them. There were atleast a handful of games that the other team outplayed them but just didn't finish it. Going way back to the Nets game IN Golden State in November where Lopez missed an uncontested layup to win at the buzzer. The Thunder game where Durant turns it over with 10 seconds left and a 2 point lead, then they foul Iggy on a fadeaway 20 footer. The Jazz game last night where the Jazz were under 50% from the line. The Hawks game where they had numerous open 3s in OT that they missed. 7-0 in OT all together.

They are a historic team, but they have been lucky too that they don't have a record similar to San Antonio.

Yeah, but I guess you could say that about any close game. A couple different bounces and the outcome changes. Beating a record like 72-10 was always gonna take some luck and they've been lucky to be relatively healthy all year. I can't really take anything away from them though.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Yeah, but I guess you could say that about any close game. A couple different bounces and the outcome changes. Beating a record like 72-10 was always gonna take some luck and they've been lucky to be relatively healthy all year. I can't really take anything away from them though.

I can't take anything away from them. I just find it annoying as fuck that every day, they have to show what the Bulls record was at the same number of games as Golden State. And NOO, I am not going to turn off ESPN. I like sports too much.

I am bitter about it because, they maybe mentioned Boston's record a handful of times before the Bulls broke it. It just wasn't that big of a deal. The Bulls then lost their last 3 games by one point each to average teams. All of those games they probably would have won if they cared to win every single possible game.

I am also sick of having to see Curry's pregame ritual every night where he dribbles 2 balls like it is a fucking magic act. Literally something I learned to do in grade school.

/ end rant

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Well I think after tonight that they'll tie it. They can only afford to lose one more if they want to break it.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I can't take anything away from them. I just find it annoying as fuck that every day, they have to show what the Bulls record was at the same number of games as Golden State. And NOO, I am not going to turn off ESPN. I like sports too much.

I am bitter about it because, they maybe mentioned Boston's record a handful of times before the Bulls broke it. It just wasn't that big of a deal. The Bulls then lost their last 3 games by one point each to average teams. All of those games they probably would have won if they cared to win every single possible game.

I am also sick of having to see Curry's pregame ritual every night where he dribbles 2 balls like it is a fucking magic act. Literally something I learned to do in grade school.

/ end rant

You're remembering that all wrong.

Boston didn't hold the record, LA did and the Bulls didn't lose their last three games, unless you mean the last three games they lost were by one point, then yes you're correct.

Sent from the mod station in Nome, Alaska.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watching the final 3 minutes of that game last night really reminded me how excited I am for playoff basketball

as long as someone can make it competitive with GS lol

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
You're remembering that all wrong.

Boston didn't hold the record, LA did and the Bulls didn't lose their last three games, unless you mean the last three games they lost were by one point, then yes you're correct.

Yes, that's what I meant. The record was 69-13 before the Bulls broke it. It was obvious they were going to break it once April came and they were 54-6.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watching the final 3 minutes of that game last night really reminded me how excited I am for playoff basketball

as long as someone can make it competitive with GS lol

Utah gonna give them all they want.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
"I think they want the [wins] record," Kerr said of his players Saturday after practice. "But I think what they probably realize is maybe all the talk and all the focus on the record has gotten us away from the process of who we are."

"I do think the constant questions and talk about -- whether it's home win streak or record or whatever -- I think all that stuff does take its toll, whether the players know it or not, whether it's a conscious thing or not, and it probably has taken a little bit away from, as I said, our process or our work."

When asked if he experienced something similar when his Chicago Bulls team set the record with 72 wins in 1996, Kerr answered in the affirmative.

"It's exactly the same," Kerr said. "Honestly, it was exactly the same. Constant media questioning about the streak."

Kerr posited that the attention had an impact on how that Bulls team finished the season.

"In fact, if you look back at that season, we lost two home games in the last week, 10 days of the season, both by a basket or one point," Kerr said. "We were, I think, I want to say 37-0 or something that season at home, and we lost two of our last four. When we did break the record, in Milwaukee, I still remember it. It was a horrendous basketball game. We won like 85-80 or something. So yeah, it was like the same kind of thing. Constant scrutiny, little slippage in our execution, eking out wins, so it does feel the same way."

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...nning-73-games-is-taking-its-toll-on-warriors

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:
They could easily drop 2 of their last 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Pop was going to play all his guys, yea I agree. I think they'd definitely drop the game at San Antonio. And good chance they drop one of the Memphis games. Unfortunately, I think Pop is going to be a chicken shit and rest all his guys.

Bye Bye Jimmy Boy

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
If Pop was going to play all his guys, yea I agree. I think they'd definitely drop the game at San Antonio. And good chance they drop one of the Memphis games. Unfortunately, I think Pop is going to be a chicken shit and rest all his guys.

how was Jordan an available name on a Chicago message board? lol

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
"I think they want the [wins] record," Kerr said of his players Saturday after practice. "But I think what they probably realize is maybe all the talk and all the focus on the record has gotten us away from the process of who we are."

"I do think the constant questions and talk about -- whether it's home win streak or record or whatever -- I think all that stuff does take its toll, whether the players know it or not, whether it's a conscious thing or not, and it probably has taken a little bit away from, as I said, our process or our work."

When asked if he experienced something similar when his Chicago Bulls team set the record with 72 wins in 1996, Kerr answered in the affirmative.

"It's exactly the same," Kerr said. "Honestly, it was exactly the same. Constant media questioning about the streak."

Kerr posited that the attention had an impact on how that Bulls team finished the season.

"In fact, if you look back at that season, we lost two home games in the last week, 10 days of the season, both by a basket or one point," Kerr said. "We were, I think, I want to say 37-0 or something that season at home, and we lost two of our last four. When we did break the record, in Milwaukee, I still remember it. It was a horrendous basketball game. We won like 85-80 or something. So yeah, it was like the same kind of thing. Constant scrutiny, little slippage in our execution, eking out wins, so it does feel the same way."

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...nning-73-games-is-taking-its-toll-on-warriors
Kerr has decent memory. Bulls won the 70th game 86-80. And it was indeed one ugly game. As an 8 year old I remember being bored as hell with it.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Kerr has decent memory. Bulls won the 70th game 86-80. And it was indeed one ugly game. As an 8 year old I remember being bored as hell with it.

they had that stout defense to rely on for the occasional off shooting night. the thing that stands out to me lately with GS is how many points they are giving up a game. they are supposed to be a dominant defensive team in addition to being able to light it up offensively. I guess Iggy means that much to their team

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
they had that stout defense to rely on for the occasional off shooting night. the thing that stands out to me lately with GS is how many points they are giving up a game. they are supposed to be a dominant defensive team in addition to being able to light it up offensively. I guess Iggy means that much to their team
Part of it is coasting, part of it is relying on their offense, part of it is they aren't tipping their hand, and another part of it is they are blowing out the other team so badly the bench plays the entire fourth.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Part of it is coasting, part of it is relying on their offense, part of it is they aren't tipping their hand, and another part of it is they are blowing out the other team so badly the bench plays the entire fourth.

while some of that is true, I think you are underestimating the importance of Iggy and Bogut to their defense. when the 2nd teams come in its Iggy that gets the assignment of the other teams 6th man scorer off the bench. his length bothers people. and bogut just being a big annoying body in the paint