72-10 watch

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
while some of that is true, I think you are underestimating the importance of Iggy and Bogut to their defense. when the 2nd teams come in its Iggy that gets the assignment of the other teams 6th man scorer off the bench. his length bothers people. and bogut just being a big annoying body in the paint
I haven't been paying attention, has Iggy been injured?

Sent from the mod station in Nome, Alaska.

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:
Part of it is coasting, part of it is relying on their offense, part of it is they aren't tipping their hand, and another part of it is they are blowing out the other team so badly the bench plays the entire fourth.

They also play pretty fast paced basketball. So the other team gets a lot of possessions.

GalePayton

Liked Posts:
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...-96-chicago-bulls-sweep-golden-state-warriors

The Golden State Warriors are closing in on the NBA record for most victories in a single season, set by the Chicago Bulls in 1995-96.

But Hall of Famer Scottie Pippen evidently doesn't think Golden State would match up well with his record-setting Chicago squad. In a recent interview, he said the 1995-96 Bulls would sweep the Warriors in a hypothetical series between the teams.

"Bulls in four [games]," Pippen said during an interview at an AT&T event in Houston.

Pippen was then offered a chance to clarify his prediction and was asked whether he thought the Bulls would have an off-night against Golden State.

"I don't think we'd take a night off," he said.

Pippen predicted that he would draw the assignment of guarding league MVP Stephen Curry, while Michael Jordan would guard Klay Thompson.

"I think that my size and length would bother [Curry] a little bit," said Pippen, who declared that he could limit Curry to fewer than 20 points.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
TWolves got em tonight...1 more loss to go

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Maybe San Antonio actually plays their starters.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
This team is so good I still think they will win out.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This team is so good I still think they will win out.

Not if the spurs actually play them in these last 2 matchups.

IF the spurs beat them in this first matchup, does GS rest their starters for the final 3 games?

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Twolves are going to be a force in the coming years. I'm happy for their fan base. KAT is going to be a top 3 or 5 player.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Couple of things, GS only achilles heel is the TO's. They get way to fancy and try to make these spectacular passes. This killed them last night. Also, Curry was forcing everything. As for the TWolves, they are going to be special int he near future. Wiggins is a monster. Hebron should be castrated for forcing the Cavs to trade him for Love. He is a superstar in the making. He was cold blooded last night. Towns was also a beast. The guy has so many moves on the offensive end. He even D'd up curry a few times and hung with him. Thats special for a big man. Barring injury, the Wolves are set up to be the next great team.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Curry supposedly is trying hard to get that 400 threes mark. He'll be a chucker the rest of the year.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Couple of things, GS only achilles heel is the TO's. They get way to fancy and try to make these spectacular passes. This killed them last night. Also, Curry was forcing everything. As for the TWolves, they are going to be special int he near future. Wiggins is a monster. Hebron should be castrated for forcing the Cavs to trade him for Love. He is a superstar in the making. He was cold blooded last night. Towns was also a beast. The guy has so many moves on the offensive end. He even D'd up curry a few times and hung with him. Thats special for a big man. Barring injury, the Wolves are set up to be the next great team.

I think youre forgetting who was guarding steph curry...Rubio. he plays great defense on curry. curry was forcing shit thanks to rubios defense. and I said it the other day, the warriors are not playing the same defense they played last year. if they don't fix that come playoff time they will be in more trouble than people think. that said, go GRIZZ and spurs!

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
And silence, to your LeBron points I've been saying that since the beginning. If LeBron was patient, Cleveland had a great chance to have something real special and a long future. Instead he decided he needed to attempt to win right that second.

And now he's done nothing but ensure he gets his ass whooped in the Finals.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think youre forgetting who was guarding steph curry...Rubio. he plays great defense on curry. curry was forcing shit thanks to rubios defense. and I said it the other day, the warriors are not playing the same defense they played last year. if they don't fix that come playoff time they will be in more trouble than people think. that said, go GRIZZ and spurs!

The D is there. They lull themselves to sleep. TWolves scored 106 in regulation with a great second half. GS committed what 23 turnovers? I think 21 in regulation. Hard to play D when they are running to the basket.

And yes, Rubio was very good on Curry but Curry had passing lanes that he decided he didn't want to use. Curry is the type of player that you can bother him, but ultimately, can only stop himself.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
The D is there. They lull themselves to sleep. TWolves scored 106 in regulation with a great second half. GS committed what 23 turnovers? I think 21 in regulation. Hard to play D when they are running to the basket.

And yes, Rubio was very good on Curry but Curry had passing lanes that he decided he didn't want to use. Curry is the type of player that you can bother him, but ultimately, can only stop himself.

yes, they had many turnovers...no argument there. however, giving up 106 in regulation to a team isn't good...and its becoming a trend with them. if you want to say its all because they are in a "lull" or "bored" go right ahead, but they have publicly acknowledged they want the 73 wins, so they don't sound like a bored team IMO. they sound like they have plenty to be playing for.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
A good article on some GS players thoughts on the record and the regular season. I think they are being honest. I mean they are 69-9 and people act like they are in trouble. lol

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...-warriors-are-ready-for-regular-season-to-end

NO WAY!! after a loss to a mediocre team, green says they are ready for the season to end. :dontsay:

they've been openly talking about wanting the record all season long pretty much....so I wont buy into the whole falling into a "lull" excuse. im not saying they all of a sudden suck, im simply saying they have a couple vulnerabilities that a team like the Spurs can exploit. "it don't mean a thing without the ring"

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
NO WAY!! after a loss to a mediocre team, green says they are ready for the season to end. :dontsay:

they've been openly talking about wanting the record all season long pretty much....so I wont buy into the whole falling into a "lull" excuse. im not saying they all of a sudden suck, im simply saying they have a couple vulnerabilities that a team like the Spurs can exploit. "it don't mean a thing without the ring"

Ok Dr. Phil