A CNM letter To Tom Ricketts

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tom,

I'm embarrassed to be a Cubs fan.

Yeah. I'm saying it.

As someone who has nearly my entire room decorated in Cubs. Nearly anything you can think of. Someone who has dedicated a large portion of my sports following life to being a Die Hard Cubs fan.

This is embarrassing. It's not just getting blown out once or twice.

It's the fact that our current MLB staff in nearly all facets is just out of whack. We are acquiring players that have major holes in their game. I understand we must take chances to improve the team but this is ridiculous. Signing a lot of guys that are total castaways from other teams and expecting to win is not the answer.

Mr. Hendry and most of the Front office staff needs to be released from their duties. His train left the station a long time ago. Letting him be delusional in keeping a squad that has vastly under-performed for several years is insane. If you want to keep charging crazy ticket prices to watch this garbage you can expect attendance to dwindle until changes are made.

I normally go to 5-10 games per year. Except this year. I don't even think I'll go once unless I get one game on stubhub for like $5 a ticket. I'm not paying you directly, Sir. This is not acceptable from this organization. We have one of the biggest fanbases in the league and if you want to make a profit. Which any owner wants to do. The best way to do that is to WIN.

The current way our front office is set up. We will not WIN. Just plain and simple.

This team is not a Prince Fielder, Albert Pujols away from contending. If Jim Hendry thinks that. He is insane!

The only real player we have on the MLB roster that has any potential is Castro. Hopefully you can see that.

This team and it's staff needs a complete overhaul to contend. It's the only way. We can't have a manager that doesn't know when to pull a pitcher. That works in the minors. Not the majors.

We are a mess at the moment.

I do compliment you on our overseas prospect signing and our recent drafts. Those have been good. If that is the plan of the organization. I think most Cubs fans would be happy to build from within.

If we don't have a real plan. There needs to be one formulated as soon as possible.

Honestly I don't plan on spending much money on this franchise until improvement is made. It's just ridiculous right now.

I know I'm not the only one that feels this way. Look at the empty seats. It's what needs to happen.

I think you know this too.

Sincerely,

cubsneedmiracle

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tom,

Yeah. I'm saying it.

As someone who has nearly my entire room decorated in Cubs. Nearly anything you can think of. Someone who has dedicated a large portion of my sports following life to being a Die Hard Cubs fan.

It's the fact that our current MLB staff in nearly all facets is just out of whack. We are acquiring players that have major holes in their game. I understand we must take chances to improve the team but this is ridiculous. Signing a lot of guys that are total castaways from other teams and expecting to win is not the answer.

Mr. Hendry and most of the Front office staff needs to be released from their duties. His train left the station a long time ago. Letting him be delusional in keeping a squad that has vastly under-performed for several years is insane. If you want to keep charging crazy ticket prices to watch this garbage you can expect attendance to dwindle until changes are made.

I normally go to 5-10 games per year. Except this year. I don't even think I'll go once unless I get one game on stubhub for like $5 a ticket. I'm not paying you directly, Sir. This is not acceptable from this organization. We have one of the biggest fanbases in the league and if you want to make a profit. Which any owner wants to do. The best way to do that is to WIN.

The current way our front office is set up. We will not WIN. Just plain and simple.

This team is not a Prince Fielder, Albert Pujols away from contending. If Jim Hendry thinks that. He is insane!

The only real player we have on the MLB roster that has any potential is Castro. Hopefully you can see that.

This team and it's staff needs a complete overhaul to contend. It's the only way. We can't have a manager that doesn't know when to pull a pitcher. That works in the minors. Not the majors.

I do compliment you on our overseas prospect signing and our recent drafts. Those have been good. If that is the plan of the organization. I think most Cubs fans would be happy to build from within.

If we don't have a real plan. There needs to be one formulated as soon as possible.

Honestly I don't plan on spending much money on this franchise until improvement is made. It's just ridiculous right now.

I know I'm not the only one that feels this way. Look at the empty seats. It's what needs to happen.

Sincerely,

cubsneedmiracle

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
:cubs: not gonna :sweep: :(

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can understand your sentiments. I rarely go to games unless I get free/discounted tickets, or if I really really want to see an opposing player (Pujols, Chase Utley for example...)

Sounds like they got pretty good crowds for the Astros series though, which is surprising. Not sure what the thinking is but it's likely they don't want to appear too desperate during the regular season, but heads may roll once the playoffs start. We'll see.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can understand your sentiments. I rarely go to games unless I get free/discounted tickets, or if I really really want to see an opposing player (Pujols, Chase Utley for example...)

Sounds like they got pretty good crowds for the Astros series though, which is surprising. Not sure what the thinking is but it's likely they don't want to appear too desperate during the regular season, but heads may roll once the playoffs start. We'll see.

Yeah Ive only bought a cheap Castro shirt from target cause it was like 10 bucks this year..

Yeah but one series in the rest of the home schedule where plenty of bleacher seats are empty. Most of the upper deck has seats open..

It's gonna steamroll towards him not maximizing on his investment in the early stages.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
so many fans feel this way. All day long they call the radio stating the exact same shit. I feel bad for those fans that are in reality of what is going on with this franchise.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
so many fans feel this way. All day long they call the radio stating the exact same shit. I feel bad for those fans that are in reality of what is going on with this franchise.

It's gonna be a big issue if he doesn't take care of it.

I'm not switching teams but I'm going into non-Cubs mode outside much.

Last edited:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's gonna be a big issue if he doesn't take care of it.

I'm not switching teams but I'm going into non-Cubs mode outside much.

its reasonable to not spend a dime or your time on a franchise that has no direction of a plan. There is nothing wrong with being pissed off.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I will say this. If the team keeps the current front office and the payroll drops more than 10 million dollars at the start of next season, Tom Ricketts will enter Dollar Bill Wirtz territory of popularity in this city.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't mind just going to watch a baseball game. I don't feel any vested interesting to have to root for the Cubs, I figure at least one team will play well enough to win even if it's not the Cubs.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I will say this. If the team keeps the current front office and the payroll drops more than 10 million dollars at the start of next season, Tom Ricketts will enter Dollar Bill Wirtz territory of popularity in this city.

I don't think you can enter that frame until there's a long track record of it to be honest.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats

As long as he doesn't make us go untelevised.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think you can enter that frame until there's a long track record of it to be honest.

I agree that he wouldn't have the track record but we are talking about two different levels of fan bases. I love hockey, but Wirtz's ownership just resulted in a lot of people not caring about hockey anymore. As this thread, talk radio, and other signs point to a lot of Cubs fans are getting angry. If status quo is maintained with a lower payroll there is going to be far more anger than anything Wirtz saw even if he deserved it more.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A CNM letter to Tom Ricketts

I'm sorry, but I feel that you just aren't being a true fan by just saying this is it. We just won back to back division titles a few years ago & I know you have seen worse with the trib. Ricketts hasn't even had 2 years to right the ship. Give him a break. Lastly, you support them when they are good but not when they suck? Doesn't sound like a true fan here

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm sorry, but I feel that you just aren't being a true fan by just saying this is it. We just won back to back division titles a few years ago & I know you have seen worse with the trib. Ricketts hasn't even had 2 years to right the ship. Give him a break. Lastly, you support them when they are good but not when they suck? Doesn't sound like a true fan here

Well, being gone almost 2 weeks I would have thought you would have learned to read. I guess I was wrong.

What he wrote does not mean he isnt a true fan. He is frustrated with reality, unlike some users here who are in another universe, he isnt. I respect him as a fan 100% more than I did before he wrote this.

Just because one strokes the entire failing franchise, does not = true fan.

Rick

Liked Posts:
Tom,

Yeah. I'm saying it.

Sincerely,

cubsneedmiracle

"Wait a second, let me put on my big boy glasses. I'm having a hard time trying to read your letter." - Tom Ricketts

2zjmfqc.jpg