Aaron Rodgers Demands Annual Re-negotiation Clause to Remain Highest Paid QB

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its not like its really going to happen. But still. Damn.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Would be fine is he signed a contract without bonus money that could also be terminated by the Packers at any time. High per year but if it's pay like your the best, you need to continue to be the best.

They sign long term deals to get all that up front bonus money and then don't want to honor it. If he wants an extension with that clause, he should also accept that he may be out of a paycheck and banked bonus if he drops off.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Sign for what you think is fair, and stop whining that you need more if someone else gets a higher salary. That's just ego, plain and simple. Sign a deal, or don't. If you want the highest salary every year, sign one year deals. Take the risk if you want the reward.

You have to be rooting for the Packers to get Fleest in this deal. There QB luck is otherworldly right now.

Liked Posts:
He’s earned it. I hope we have this same problem with mako Mitch in a few years

625-00835921en_Masterfile.jpg

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
As much as I despise Rodgers both as a human being and as a football player, I would do the same thing if I were in his shoes.

The Packers have wasted Rodgers' talent for almost every season of the past decade. The fact that they only have one Super Bowl ring to show for one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time is just laughable.

I hope he takes them for all they're worth.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Good for him, every year a QB about to become a FA becomes the new highest paid player/QB, Cutler a few years ago, timing is everything, or it was. Rodgers wants to take the timing/luck element out of the equation and be the highest paid player every year. Brady gives money back to the Pats, that seems to work, Rodgers is going in a different direction.

When a team gets their young franchise QB they have a honeymoon period, a five year contract when you can sign guys left and right. Remember the Seahawks had Wilson locked up on his rookie deal and they signed everybody in sight then they had to sign Wilson before season 5 FA and all hell broke loose, they are letting guys go left and right.

If Trubisky is the guy, this is the Bears time to sign, no $$$$ going to QB, spread it around while you can.

Meanwhile up in the great white north, they could find themselves in cap hell, imagine, every year having the highest paid QB in the league, I love it.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Good for him, every year a QB about to become a FA becomes the new highest paid player/QB, Cutler a few years ago, timing is everything, or it was. Rodgers wants to take the timing/luck element out of the equation and be the highest paid player every year. Brady gives money back to the Pats, that seems to work, Rodgers is going in a different direction.

When a team gets their young franchise QB they have a honeymoon period, a five year contract when you can sign guys left and right. Remember the Seahawks had Wilson locked up on his rookie deal and they signed everybody in sight then they had to sign Wilson before season 5 FA and all hell broke loose, they are letting guys go left and right.

If Trubisky is the guy, this is the Bears time to sign, no $$$$ going to QB, spread it around while you can.

Meanwhile up in the great white north, they could find themselves in cap hell, imagine, every year having the highest paid QB in the league, I love it.

Except he's well past that honeymoon period. Come to a # you can agree on and run with it. Team has a hard enough time working around that cap # without it changing every year. Sorry but I'm not into the 'I want more' clause. It's the Pack so I hope they do it but I don't like this sort of contract.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Would Rogers be happy if they fired McCarthy or paid him more.

What a complete tool. With marketability like Rogers, you would think their reputation was more important to them, and maybe more valuable. Sure you can be a douche and demand to be recognized as the best, sour your team and fan base on you, alienate your ability to sell products, (all before your play and popularity start to actually slide)..

There is some gray area here imo for a guy like Rogers to make the team play, be great, win chips, increase his popularity, take the high road and be rewarded for it over more endorsements for longer after his career ends.

If he is a dick, then fizzles out, ends up going down as one of the greatest ever but injury prone, one of biggest wasted talents is his career trajectory. Brady got all your chips bruh!!!

He is a collar bone away from being a Kevin White joke. Fuck...maybe they can attach Kevin Whites leg to Rogers shoulder after this year. Thats the kind of shit you do if have 100 million.

Like if Nick Cage was an athlete. He would go "I want to buy the rod out of Kevin Whites leg to fix my shoulder please.."""...."but sir we never took it out.., its in his leg...we can get you that model."""

"no no no...I want THAT SPECIFIC FUCKING ROD LITERALLY!!! PAY HIM 20,000,000 TO HAVE IT REPLACED WITH A NEW ROD, AND PUT THAT FUCKING ROD IN MY SHOULDER!!"

Nobody could spend like Nick. Right on man.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Except he's well past that honeymoon period. Come to a # you can agree on and run with it. Team has a hard enough time working around that cap # without it changing every year. Sorry but I'm not into the 'I want more' clause. It's the Pack so I hope they do it but I don't like this sort of contract.

I mean, it’s not like the Packers ever actually used that cap space for Aaron Rodgers when he was in his prime. He might as well take a chunk of that action since his name pays the bills. The Packers biggest acquisition for Rodgers during all that time was who, Marcellus Bennett? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Since when has ever signing Rodgers been stupid? As long as he is with the Packer, the Bears are his bitch
The Bears have been many teams bitch the past decade. Signing Rodgers to a talent handcuffing deal could do nothing but help the Bears.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Would Rogers be happy if they fired McCarthy or paid him more.

What a complete tool. With marketability like Rogers, you would think their reputation was more important to them, and maybe more valuable. Sure you can be a douche and demand to be recognized as the best, sour your team and fan base on you, alienate your ability to sell products, (all before your play and popularity start to actually slide)..

There is some gray area here imo for a guy like Rogers to make the team play, be great, win chips, increase his popularity, take the high road and be rewarded for it over more endorsements for longer after his career ends.

If he is a dick, then fizzles out, ends up going down as one of the greatest ever but injury prone, one of biggest wasted talents is his career trajectory. Brady got all your chips bruh!!!

He is a collar bone away from being a Kevin White joke. Fuck...maybe they can attach Kevin Whites leg to Rogers shoulder after this year. Thats the kind of shit you do if have 100 million.

Like if Nick Cage was an athlete. He would go "I want to buy the rod out of Kevin Whites leg to fix my shoulder please.."""...."but sir we never took it out.., its in his leg...we can get you that model."""

"no no no...I want THAT SPECIFIC FUCKING ROD LITERALLY!!! PAY HIM 20,000,000 TO HAVE IT REPLACED WITH A NEW ROD, AND PUT THAT FUCKING ROD IN MY SHOULDER!!"

Nobody could spend like Nick. Right on man.
Someone got into the cookie jar this weekend.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I think the Pack should start at 45 million a year and cut 10 vets to get under the cap.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I mean, it’s not like the Packers ever actually used that cap space for Aaron Rodgers when he was in his prime. He might as well take a chunk of that action since his name pays the bills. The Packers biggest acquisition for Rodgers during all that time was who, Marcellus Bennett? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Works for me as long as he's there. If he wants one year renegotions, he should sign 1 year deals.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Would the contract AUTOMATICALLY expire when another QB got paid higher? Or would Rodgers have the OPTION to have it expire?

If it automatically expires, the Packers could actually benefit from it if Rodgers gets hurt or declines. They simply wouldn't match and they wouldn't be stuck with any guaranteed money. Rodgers is a QB that is going to be elite until he sucks. Not going to be much middle ground.

If it only expires when Rodgers says it does, then no way they can do it.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Would the contract AUTOMATICALLY expire when another QB got paid higher? Or would Rodgers have the OPTION to have it expire?

If it automatically expires, the Packers could actually benefit from it if Rodgers gets hurt or declines. They simply wouldn't match and they wouldn't be stuck with any guaranteed money. Rodgers is a QB that is going to be elite until he sucks. Not going to be much middle ground.

yeah, I was laughing to myself about how this would even work. Like he is a total moron, and his people are idiots for not telling him to shut up about the fucking contract.

If I was Tom Brady, after hearing this shit, I would start rumors that my contract was going to be whatever Aaron Rodgers makes +$1.00 going forward.

I want my contract to say "what aaron rodgers makes + $1."

start that rumor just to fuck with Aaron.

Then Aaron has to retaliate. One up each other. It just gets stupid like most cases of human greed.

I actually think Aaron is losing money long term by taking this route and not shutting his yap.

He is about to find out too that Green Bay has had about enough of him, and is already preparing for life without him if its going to cost them so much they can't win. Then they may have to write a formula where they can win.

Personally I think Rogers has a life after they realize McCarthy is an egomaniac and not as smart as he thinks he is.

They should have chosen Rogers 3 years ago, but its got to come at some point? Or will McCarthy out live Rogers if he bitches too much about this contract?

That is a ridiclous fucking demand. Its called a one year contract if it has an opt out every year...but he still wants 7 year security.

Why not just let him play out, franchise franchise and let his prize ass go if he is even still walking at that piont with his yoga ass.

up down up down little Aaron. What does it feel like when those big strong men take you and just ravish you? Do you think about their hands on you?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

He wants it to be his option. He wants the guarantees and long term security of a normal contract AND to be able to bump up the # when surpassed. No way he takes a deal without guarantees.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yeah, I was laughing to myself about how this would even work. Like he is a total moron, and his people are idiots for not telling him to shut up about the fucking contract.

If I was Tom Brady, after hearing this shit, I would start rumors that my contract was going to be whatever Aaron Rodgers makes +$1.00 going forward.

I want my contract to say "what aaron rodgers makes + $1."

start that rumor just to fuck with Aaron.

Then Aaron has to retaliate. One up each other. It just gets stupid like most cases of human greed.

I actually think Aaron is losing money long term by taking this route and not shutting his yap.

He is about to find out too that Green Bay has had about enough of him, and is already preparing for life without him if its going to cost them so much they can't win. Then they may have to write a formula where they can win.

Personally I think Rogers has a life after they realize McCarthy is an egomaniac and not as smart as he thinks he is.

They should have chosen Rogers 3 years ago, but its got to come at some point? Or will McCarthy out live Rogers if he bitches too much about this contract?

That is a ridiclous fucking demand. Its called a one year contract if it has an opt out every year...but he still wants 7 year security.

Why not just let him play out, franchise franchise and let his prize ass go if he is even still walking at that piont with his yoga ass.

up down up down little Aaron. What does it feel like when those big strong men take you and just ravish you? Do you think about their hands on you?

1 dollar more than AR...Would be so classic if Brady would do it.

emaugust

Sort of a big deal...
Liked Posts:
Agents may be floating this as a trial balloon, but if anyone believes that the league has under the table enforced agreements, surely that NO ONE WILL ACCEPT THIS KIND OF CONTRACT would be one of them. These contracts have the capacity to be so ruinous to a teams cap, I just can't see them ever letting them become an option. Fully guaranteed contracts sure - they can at least be planned for actuarially.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
What happens if Rodgers negotiates to be the highest paid QB, then shortly after Brady negotiates his contract to be the highest paid QB?

Do they both get raises till they use up all the team's $$$?