Aaron Rodgers Demands Annual Re-negotiation Clause to Remain Highest Paid QB

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
counter clause - If Rodgers starts and finishes all 16 games, and the Packers win the Super Bowl, then he gets his raise to the highest paid QB

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
He's not even that good. His team has only won one super bowl with him.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They should force him to play out his current contract, tag him twice, then cut the chord (he'd be 38).

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Good for him, every year a QB about to become a FA becomes the new highest paid player/QB, Cutler a few years ago, timing is everything, or it was. Rodgers wants to take the timing/luck element out of the equation and be the highest paid player every year. Brady gives money back to the Pats, that seems to work, Rodgers is going in a different direction.

When a team gets their young franchise QB they have a honeymoon period, a five year contract when you can sign guys left and right. Remember the Seahawks had Wilson locked up on his rookie deal and they signed everybody in sight then they had to sign Wilson before season 5 FA and all hell broke loose, they are letting guys go left and right.

If Trubisky is the guy, this is the Bears time to sign, no $$$$ going to QB, spread it around while you can.

Meanwhile up in the great white north, they could find themselves in cap hell, imagine, every year having the highest paid QB in the league, I love it.

Except he's well past that honeymoon period. Come to a # you can agree on and run with it. Team has a hard enough time working around that cap # without it changing every year. Sorry but I'm not into the 'I want more' clause. It's the Pack so I hope they do it but I don't like this sort of contract.

So, Rodgers is not still on his rookie contract, good info thanks.

Anything that messes with the Packers I'm all for, Brady keeps giving money back and the Pats keep going to SB's. Rodgers want's a forever highest contract that will kill the Packers cap, terrific. I hope he plays hardball and it comes down to either the team crushing contract or FA. Win/win.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:

A players success should be based off of team accomplishments and not individual accomplishments. Super Bowl wins are individual accomplishments. Charles Haley was 5 times the quarterback that Aaron Rodgers is.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
A players success should be based off of team accomplishments and not individual accomplishments. Super Bowl wins are individual accomplishments. Charles Haley was 5 times the quarterback that Aaron Rodgers is.

That is so stupid it's hard to put into words. So, by your estimation, Rocky Bleier was 4x the running back that Walter Payton was?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I'm not entirely certain if you actually believe this or are trolling. Either way, proceed.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They should force him to play out his current contract, tag him twice, then cut the chord (he'd be 38).

he could still sit out half a year, play the other half to not void the year, and totally screw the Packers (which is ok too). It would cost him a lot of money, but would cripple the Packers in the process. Not sure who the Packers fans would hold accountable, but he does have some leverage.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
he could still sit out half a year, play the other half to not void the year, and totally screw the Packers (which is ok too). It would cost him a lot of money, but would cripple the Packers in the process. Not sure who the Packers fans would hold accountable, but he does have some leverage.

I can't remember a player ever being thought of favorably in a hold-out situation by the general fan base.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Especially an NFL fan base

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
This kinda sounds like a veiled early threat to hold out. It would be pretty awesome if the team called his bluff.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Any wrenches thrown into the Packer’s organization is o.k. with me.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'll never understand that kind of greed.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

One of the genuinely stupidest posts I've seen on the internet.

Washington

Liked Posts:

Dick Butkus and Gayle Sayers never made the playoffs. They sucked...

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I hope that this all leads to an ugly ass divorce between them. Nothing, short of a Bears Super Bowl would make me happier.

Reactions: DC

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
yeah, I was laughing to myself about how this would even work. Like he is a total moron, and his people are idiots for not telling him to shut up about the fucking contract.

If I was Tom Brady, after hearing this shit, I would start rumors that my contract was going to be whatever Aaron Rodgers makes +$1.00 going forward.

I want my contract to say "what aaron rodgers makes + $1."

start that rumor just to fuck with Aaron.

Then Aaron has to retaliate. One up each other. It just gets stupid like most cases of human greed.

I actually think Aaron is losing money long term by taking this route and not shutting his yap.

He is about to find out too that Green Bay has had about enough of him, and is already preparing for life without him if its going to cost them so much they can't win. Then they may have to write a formula where they can win.

Personally I think Rogers has a life after they realize McCarthy is an egomaniac and not as smart as he thinks he is.

They should have chosen Rogers 3 years ago, but its got to come at some point? Or will McCarthy out live Rogers if he bitches too much about this contract?

That is a ridiclous fucking demand. Its called a one year contract if it has an opt out every year...but he still wants 7 year security.

Why not just let him play out, franchise franchise and let his prize ass go if he is even still walking at that piont with his yoga ass.

up down up down little Aaron. What does it feel like when those big strong men take you and just ravish you? Do you think about their hands on you?
This would be something Jay Cutler would do, if allowed.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was watching a fishing show the other day, and the name of the boat was Mako. All I could think about was the stupid shit on CCS. I had to turn it off. It's really stupid.

Wow, Mako Mitch is really catching on! :hi5: