ACTION REQUIRED: Please read: Re: Trubisky

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
He ran out of gas! He got a flat tire! He didn’t have change for cab fare! He lost his tux at the cleaners! He locked his keys in the car! An old friend came in from out of town! Someone stole his car! There was an earthquake! A terrible flood! Locusts! IT WASN’T Mitch's FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Sure I won't cut him yet . Is this year long enough? Can i cut him next year ?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who the fuck is hating on him?

People got freaked out by that fourth quarter. Thats a perfectly reasonable reaction. Stop telling people how to feel.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Okay Dick I'll give him one more game, and after that i'm gonna beat his mother

D.J. Moore

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
This guy is gonna be on family feud. Hes gonna be great!

[video=youtube;Hb3KoF6xNeo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb3KoF6xNeo[/video]

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
You guys just need to give Mitch some time with this offense. We need to let him play this out and grow from his experiences. We can't be changing the offense year after year (Cutler with Tice, Turner, Martz, Gase, Trestman, etc...) or Rex/Orton (same crap). We need consistency for the young QB to grow and we are on the right path with Nagy running the show, and he surely won't be changing the offense the next two years. I am not saying to wait two more years to decide on Mitch.

No, rather, I am saying stop freaking out about the last game. Give him a few weeks, hell, give him half the season. See if he progresses or not. If he doesn't, then sure, you can start to get a little concerned.

We saw tremendous potential in bursts last year when Fox allowed it. We saw tremendous potential in the first half the other night. Now we just need to be patient and watch him put it together for 60 minutes, week after week.

Love you guys! Bear Down!

Bring on the Seahawks!

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
stop acting like you know something nobody else knows

you're in the same boat. you don't know what the fuck is going to happen.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
You guys just need to give Mitch some time with this offense. We need to let him play this out and grow from his experiences. We can't be changing the offense year after year (Cutler with Tice, Turner, Martz, Gase, Trestman, etc...) or Rex/Orton (same crap). We need consistency for the young QB to grow and we are on the right path with Nagy running the show, and he surely won't be changing the offense the next two years. I am not saying to wait two more years to decide on Mitch.

No, rather, I am saying stop freaking out about the last game. Give him a few weeks, hell, give him half the season. See if he progresses or not. If he doesn't, then sure, you can start to get a little concerned.

We saw tremendous potential in bursts last year when Fox allowed it. We saw tremendous potential in the first half the other night. Now we just need to be patient and watch him put it together for 60 minutes, week after week.

Love you guys! Bear Down!

Bring on the Seahawks!

There's no question Mitch will get the entire season to play. I'd just like to see more out of the #2 overall pick at this point, that's all.

AussieBear

You guys need to stop hating on Mitch. It was his first game under the new offense. He's got pretty much brand new weapons everywhere with the exception of Howard, Cohen, Shaheen (barely played with each other), and Bellamy. Yes, Bellamy but he was on the team last year.

New offense. One game. Don't be so quick to judge him. And if you want to go back to last year, just remember it was Fox and Loggains running the show. That should be more than enough to make you reserve judgement.

I believe Mitch will be fine. Give him some time. Live reps are the only way these guys will get better. And better, they will. I believe the first two series were a sample of his potential.

Guy hasn't even played a full season yet and some of you are already on the way to lynching him. Knock it off. Don't demoralize him or kill his confidence. Be encouraging and supportive. Let's make Chicago the place where quarterbacks are born, not a place where quarterbacks fail.

Give it time.

i prefer BuddyRyan.. use dat one instead

also.. i be read this article today

Let's overreact to Week 4 in the NFL: Is the Bears' offense for real?

12:30 PM
Dan Graziano
ESPN Staff Writer

CHICAGO -- Hey, if the football fans in the Windy City want to overreact, who's going to tell them to cut it out? It has been quite a while since the Chicago Bears were fun, and even with the Chicago Cubs back in the playoffs this town is fired up about a 3-1 first-place football team that just put 48 points on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on its way into the bye. Mitchell Trubisky just quadrupled his season touchdown pass total in one delirious afternoon, and if you're not allowed to overreact to that, what's the point of being a fan?

So let's start with the game I got to see in person as part of my Sunday NFL Countdown duties -- a game that was 38-3 at the half and ended 48-10 as Trubisky buried the Bucs' weeklong QB controversy with six touchdown passes of his own against a Tampa Bay team that couldn't do a thing right no matter who was taking the snaps.

Mitchell Trubisky had the best game of his young career, throwing for 354 yards and six TD passes. Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images

The Bears' offense is now as good as their defense
If you're a Bears fan who has been waiting to see the vaunted Matt Nagy offense that lit the league on fire last year in Kansas City, Sunday was your day. Nagy was scheming dudes open and leaning on mismatches with speedsters Tarik Cohen and Taylor Gabriel, and the Tampa Bay defense had no answers. Gabriel scored two touchdowns, including one on a nifty jet-action shovel pass at the goal line. He and Cohen each had seven catches and more than 100 receiving yards as Nagy went away from between-the-tackles running back Jordan Howard and leaned instead on the super-fast dudes he knew the Bucs' defenders couldn't catch. For the first time, Trubisky looked like a quarterback worthy of the 2017 No. 2 overall pick.

EDITOR'S PICKS

Week 4 takeaways: Breakthroughs for Bears, Cowboys
The Bears cooked up 48 points against the Bucs, while the Cowboys fought to a last-second win over the Lions. NFL Nation looks at Week 4.

Week 4 fantasy football winners and losers

Graziano's verdict: OVERREACTION. Fun, without a doubt. But the Bucs came into the game 27th in defensive DVOA, are banged up in the secondary and are averaging 34.75 points per game allowed. It's important to understand context. Bears players to whom I spoke about this game said they saw something good coming with Trubisky -- that they believe he has been developing the way they'd hoped he would. But no one here is assuming this is the way it's going to look every week. It takes awhile to master the Andy Reid offense Nagy brought from K.C. Alex Smith wasn't driving a league-leading passing attack until Year 5. One day of mastery doesn't mean everything is hunky-dory. What Bears fans should take from this is excitement and hope that this can be what it looks like, eventually. But the defense -- which, by the way, had another monster game with Khalil Mack wreaking havoc in the backfield -- is what will drive the Bears' NFC North title aspirations for this year at least. "It's like the LeBron effect," Bears cornerback Prince Amukamara told me of the Bears' preseason addition of Mack to an already-strong defense. "He just makes everybody better. When you see greatness like that up close, it just makes everyone else want to be great that much more."

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Meanwhile, Sam Darnold is looking like a seasoned veteran in his first game (except for his first pass, of course).

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
As has been stated, when the plays are scripted, Trubs looks good. When he has to actually be a NFL QB, he looks lost. He seems not capable of reading the play at NFL speed. That can change but that's going to take a lot of time and effort on his part. He's had a partial season last year and a full offseason of work. He needs to start showing more than he has and fast.

Bearman 43

Liked Posts:
As has been stated, when the plays are scripted, Trubs looks good. When he has to actually be a NFL QB, he looks lost. He seems not capable of reading the play at NFL speed. That can change but that's going to take a lot of time and effort on his part. He's had a partial season last year and a full offseason of work. He needs to start showing more than he has and fast.

Mitch has been talking or spending time w/Cutler,he looked just like him,w/ the same result!

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I am somewhat encouraged by the fact that the first two drives of the game and the first of the third quarter were competent drives.
Those were likely the most scripted drives of the day.

So at least when things are going according to plan, they looked okay.

I try to look at it that way, yet it could go the other way over time too. It sucks that Trubisky can't function when scripted plays run dry. And while it is encouraging that he functions well in scripted portion, it is also true that there is no "tape" on Nagy's script yet and if just one DC figures out how to predict the SCRIPTS and Trubisky still hasn't figured out how to ball freelance-style, then we could be in a world of hurt.

Washington

Liked Posts:
To me it's a shame that our overrated DC does not know how to make in-game adjustments. It's too bad our supposed top 5 D completely choked away a 20-0 lead giving up 3 4th qtr TDs in embarrassing fashion. If our CB simply catches an easy ball to catch, the whole discussion changes. Our secondary lacks big play capabilities. It was fun watching the Minn/SF game and seeing Hughes and Smith making big plays. Smith ended the game with a big INT. Fuller could have done the same. Our D choked this one away.