Adam Jahns: NFL Source on Chris Ballard - "Hands down, Best Scout I know, Hands down"

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
Where was Ballard's scouting ability between 2006 and 2013 when he was with the Bears? It sure would have been a big help if he could have found a few offensive linemen a couple of safeties, especially since defensive backs were his specialty, a number one wide receiver would have been a help.

This nauseating pro Ballard narrative we keep being thrown by the media may only surpass the Emery and then Trestman head coach/QB Whisperer narrative we were fed three and then two years ago. This whole entire thing is just so Bears.

You do realize a scout doesn't make any picks and only has a section of the country? Who knows how many players he graded highly that we didn't pick or the draft grade he put on a player that we ignored. I'm not saying he will be a good GM, but give me a great talent evaluator above a good business GM any day, especially with Cliff Fucking Stein on the staff.

jc456

Liked Posts:
I want you to read everything I wrote, not just Bears football. the Bears way.

Perhaps, you might even agree with me.

I'd rather they not bring him in at all. The mere fact that you'd like Accorsi in an interview suggest he should come in. He is exbear already. been here, I don't want someone who has been here before. Period. I would like to see real change.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I'd rather they not bring him in at all. The mere fact that you'd like Accorsi in an interview suggest he should come in. He is exbear already. been here, I don't want someone who has been here before. Period. I would like to see real change.

FUCK real change.

I don't give a shit.

I want someone who is going to get the job done. I don't give a shit if they are an ex-Bear or not.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

Wrong again. At least you are consistent. I want Accorsi to lead the GM interviews no matter who is there. I would then want Accorsi to recommend, using the interviews plus any additional information necessary, who he thinks is the best candidate available.

I would hope that George and Phillip would hire the best GM candidate, no matter which team he has experience with.

By the way, you ... [video=youtube;xPaM0A4GBBQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPaM0A4GBBQ[/video]

Newblood

Liked Posts:

You can have your non-ex Bears guy. I will take someone that is going to be successful.

If your big argument is, der, ex Bear, der. And that is your big contribution then just STFU. It is a stupid fucking argument and holds zero weight.

cbfan

Liked Posts:
wasn't he already with the Bears? Why do the bears have an obsession with bringing back folks who worked here already? What the hell? I also heard a want for DaveToub, another person here before. This fnn franchise has won one SB since the SB championship series began and with these folks on staff the Bears have not won anything. I see no reason to bring them back.

That's funny cuz' I swear Jauron came from the Holmgren coaching tree, and Lovie came from the TB/Dungy tree. Super Bowl teams.

And on top of that, Ditka came back to the Bears and won a SB. And to really get the jets flowing, I remember reading a bunch of crap about Harbaugh being the best option as HC, and no shit, he was an ex-Bear.

So I ask, is it really an Orange and Navy Blue thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
Not hiring a guy because he worked with a past staff is just as stupid as hiring them for that reason.

jc456

Liked Posts:
FUCK real change.

I don't give a shit.

I want someone who is going to get the job done. I don't give a shit if they are an ex-Bear or not.
not me. I don't want someone here who already failed us here.

jc456

Liked Posts:
Wrong again. At least you are consistent. I want Accorsi to lead the GM interviews no matter who is there. I would then want Accorsi to recommend, using the interviews plus any additional information necessary, who he thinks is the best candidate available.

I would hope that George and Phillip would hire the best GM candidate, no matter which team he has experience with.

By the way, you ... [video=youtube;xPaM0A4GBBQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPaM0A4GBBQ[/video]
He might just pick Marc Trestman!!!! He thought he was a great leader. hahahaahahahaha

jc456

Liked Posts:
You can have your non-ex Bears guy. I will take someone that is going to be successful.

If your big argument is, der, ex Bear, der. And that is your big contribution then just STFU. It is a stupid fucking argument and holds zero weight.

I'd love to see Jack Del Rio as the HC!!! Experienced, not an ex Bear. Successful as well.

jc456

Liked Posts:
That's funny cuz' I swear Jauron came from the Holmgren coaching tree, and Lovie came from the TB/Dungy tree. Super Bowl teams.

And on top of that, Ditka came back to the Bears and won a SB. And to really get the jets flowing, I remember reading a bunch of crap about Harbaugh being the best option as HC, and no shit, he was an ex-Bear.

So I ask, is it really an Orange and Navy Blue thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the fact that there is a belief of a Bear way. the only Bear way is losing and looking like a bunch of numskulls who have no idea how to hire football people.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
not me. I don't want someone here who already failed us here.

I'm sure the bears will take JC456 thoughts into consideration now that you've posted them 1523 times. George and Ted thank you.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Maybe the Bears have control of the National media and other teams beat writers.

Because Ballard is getting tons of love from everyone.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Maybe the Bears have control of the National media and other teams beat writers.

Or maybe it's because he's highly thought of. Which is more likely, the Bears orchestrating a vast conspiracy with dozens of participants or that Ballard is just very good at his job?

Mitchapalooza

Or maybe it's because he's highly thought of. Which is more likely, the Bears orchestrating a vast conspiracy with dozens of participants or that Ballard is just very good at his job?

impossible.

Reactions: WCL

Neolithic

Liked Posts:
My hope they hired Accorsi is so that he is in the interviews and asks intelligent questions.

I can picture Phillips and George saying, "I should have thought of that question" when Accorsi asks a candidate an obvious question like, "Ballard, you said that you want to run the football and play defense. How will you compete in your own division with the likes of Stafford and Rogers?"

If it is only Phillips and George, both will be on the floor salivating and mumbling, "Bears football. The Bears way"

You stop Stafford by putting up points, he's Jay Cutler with an even shittier throwing motion, he will hand you the ball back if he is forced to throw it a lot. You also double team Megatron every snap he's on the field. Force Stafford to have to go to his other options. Also, if Suh is gone, they might be vulnerable up the middle to the run again. Which leads into 2nd question...

You don't stop Rogers. Long version: You draft perfectly for the next few years and field an all-world D, and then, the odds are more 50/50. But for the short term, you get a HC/OC that can establish a ball-control/power running game (that can still get points minds you) and keep him off the field as much as you possibly can, because whenever he is ON the field, right now, he's going to run down it, and put up points, period.

But I whole heartedly agree with your statement. That's moreso the issue I take with Ted having ANY involvement in this process again. He wouldn't know a good football question from his asshole. George and Accorsi are the only 2 that need be in the room for the interviews.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:

Personally, I love the fact he is interviewing here, and not the Jets, because the Jets can't guarantee the control he wants.

Screw where he comes from - I'd just like someone who knows SOMETHING about football to come in and say "I need full control over the football operation" and the Bears to say "Ok, done. Teddy? You're on Crane Kenney detail."

I'll take that for a change of pace!