After the Packers...which team do you dislike the most?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Washington whatever they are now.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
They used to draft pretty well. Much better than the Bears through same era’s. And they were cunning enough to put some inside men at Halas hall or install a wire or something.
They drafted pretty well through the same eras with the backdrop of having two Hall-of-Fame QBs for around 30 consecutive years. All of those great draft picks would have shined a little, or a lot, less brightly without 30 years of top QB play to make them all look better.

How would the Bears have done for the past 30 years if they had gone from McMahon to Harbaugh to Favre to Rodgers instead of McMahon to Tomczak to Harbaugh to Steve Walsh to Kramer to Dave Krieg to Shane Matthews to Cade McNown to Jim Miller to Kordell Stewart to Craig Krenzel to Chad Hutchinson to Kyle Orton to Rex Grossman to Kyle Orton again to Jay Cutler to Matt Barkley to Trubisky to Justin Fields (only listed the QBs with the most starts in a year)?

Just for reference, in 2017 Huntley was the starting QB for 9 games so he had more games than Rodgers. In total, since 1992, the Packers have had QBs not named Favre or Rodgers start a total of 22 games and the total number of QBs who started those 22 games totaled 6 players (Don Majkowski, Matt Flynn, Scott Tolzien, Seneca Wallace, Brett Huntley and Jordan Love).

In the same time, the Bears had 130 games where the starting QB was not the most used starting QB for the year. Since 1992, there were 25 different QBs who did not have the most starts in a given year who ended up starting those 130 games, they being only counted once if they were "backup" level instead of being counted multiple time for multiple years.

In 30 years, Favre and Rodgers did not start a grand total of 22 games or 0.73 games per season.
In the same 30 years, the 19 starting Bears QBs did not start a grand total of 130 games or 4.33 games per season or over a quarter of a season.

Might it be possible that the Bears would have done better with the same talent but with Favre, Rodgers starting most games and 6 other QBs starting the 22 games remaining over what the Bears actually had, 19 starting QBs starting every game besides the ones that the backup 25 starting QBs started (130 games or over 8 entire seasons worth of games) ?

Since drafting Rodgers and trading for Favre were not some amazing work by the Packers but rather stupidity by 23 NFL teams in regards to Rodgers and stupidity on the part of Jerry Grandville, the Packers organization needs to be considered as lucky and not as great.

How would the Packers have done with all of their draft picks through the eras without a real starting QB, let alone back to back Hall of Fame starting QBs falling into their laps?

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Probably Alabama Crimson Tide then the Georgia Bulldogs..

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
#1 has to be the Packers or you're legally blind.

After the Packers....who do you hate the most? It's definitely not the Lions or Vikings. I would say the Steelers
Green Bay's 2nd stringers/practice squad.

Can I count their fans? They consider themselves a "nation", have fake stock certificates, and could be considered a team per Webster's Dictionary:

*espec the part about "group of animals matched for exhibition"...see also "Cheeseheads" ?

2022-07-04_02h52_21.png

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I never liked Notre Dame...always seemed very elitist and overly preachy & holier than thou. They were always too full of themselves to even join a conference, but always expected all the perks of choice bowl games, media TV deals, $$$, & such. I also think it's shitty to bring God & Jesus into football. Just me though. Maybe they're better now, I dunno.

Also the Tennessee Volunteers. While living in TN, they basically had nothing else to do and care about other than making everything under the sun ORANGE. I've never been big into college ball either, so I just never got into it. Those folks named every kid (boy or girl) "Payton" because one time long ago, Payton Manning played for their college darlings. Watching the 2016 Super bowl at Buff. Wild Wings I was one of 3 Bears fans in a see of (still orange) who were rooting for their boy Payton Manning. All good, but that was rough.

While I liked Bill Cower & like Mike Tomlin, I've always disliked the Steelers.

For the opposite reason I didn't like the Patriots. Bill Bilicheat seems like a real arrogant ass horse's ass. He's a great coach, but is such a sith lord of a personality. Being named Associate's Poll & NFL Coach of the Year in the same season he was docked $500k and a 1st Rd. pick for cheating just never sat well with me. Never had a prob. with Brady. People just seem jealous of him. He did get slapped for inflate-gate, but the science showed that to be minimal if any advantage & IMO the rules should probably allow more variance in the balls to fit QB preference, which also varies. That team was always great about letting guys walk vs. overpaying aging vets. Was always jealous of that vs. Bears dumbass brass.

Basically it's fine to be winning a lot. Just don't be a dick about it. Hence the ultimate primary distain for Green Bay. (see also St. Louis Cardinal fans).

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Neither the Vikings or the Bears are current rivals of the Packers. There also is no rivalry. Rivals need to be comparable in some way. No team in the North is in the same universe as the Packers. None has been for quite some time.

When Halas, Lambeau, & Lombardi roamed the earth, the Packers and Bears were indeed rivals.

Hopefully the Bears at some point can stop making Halas roll over in his grave. I look forward to the days when the Packers and Bears is a real rivalry again.
You're clueless on what makes a rivalry. lol

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
Packers by far

Queens easily 2nd

Lions next; especially when they think they're gonna be good

After the divisional rivals......

Eagles
Raiders
Cowboys

All have dipshit fan bases that are insufferable blowhards for different reasons.

I feel the same way about big 10 fans. I don't really hate any team. The closest is the Vikings and that's because I lived there for a while and had to put up with their dipshit fans. Paul Allen sucks too.

I've never understood hating a team of mercenaries that don't care about us. Why spend so much time hating?

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
The only thing I don't like about the Packers is playing them.

YoungPA

Liked Posts:
Its the Rams for me. They just give me "LA - Hollywood - NBA Superteam type vibes. I hate that shit. And they got that nice ass stadium, and we still dealing Lori Lightfoot.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
#1 has to be the Packers or you're legally blind.

After the Packers....who do you hate the most? It's definitely not the Lions or Vikings. I would say the Steelers

The Pack is hated for two reasons:

1) They are our division rival

2) They are successful.

The Lions are also our division rival, but not successful, so there is a lot less animosity towards them.

It's why Cub fans hate the Cardinals, Red Sox fans hate the Yankees, and why everyone used to hate either the Celtics or the Lakers.

Now personally, I believe you can't have a rivalry without a good rival, so I don't hate anybody.

I just want to win - The same as they do.

So, I guess I'd rather focus on our squad instead of worrying about the other guy.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Packers by far

Queens easily 2nd

Eagles
Raiders
Cowboys

All have dipshit fan bases that are insufferable blowhards for different reasons.

Who are the Queens?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears fans.............

Laugh at the Packers for never acquiring talent around Aaron Rodgers

then in the next breath.........

Curse the Rams for doing the opposite.

You hate the Rams because you are not the Rams.
Two Super bowl visits in the last 4 years.
One Super bowl win.
7-3 overall playoff record
Made play-offs in 4 of the last five years.

Bearey Palpatine

Liked Posts:
My most hated teams: FudgePackers, then Puke Green Bay, then PackTurds, and then The bloody Packers!

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Bears fans.............

Laugh at the Packers for never acquiring talent around Aaron Rodgers

then in the next breath.........

Curse the Rams for doing the opposite.

You hate the Rams because you are not the Rams.
Two Super bowl visits in the last 4 years.
One Super bowl win.
7-3 overall playoff record
Made play-offs in 4 of the last five years.
This comment is based on one Bears poster here mentioning the Rams?

So you hate the Steelers because you are not the Steelers? Is that how this game works?

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Packers by far

Queens easily 2nd

Eagles
Raiders
Cowboys

Who are the Queens?

Some like to say the Viqueens

I’m afraid I don’t follow. I’m not aware of any team with that name.

Do you know any NFL teams that begin with the letters "Vi"? That would be the one.