Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
If your going to dance and thump you chest when things are going well you need to be prepared for more kicks when you are done.

Yup, they want all the love and adulation but none of the criticism.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is probably getting pumped full of roids for his recovery. Cant blame him.
i had the same thought.

I can't control my rage even when on low low doses to battle plastic estrogen syndromes or for surgery. I get a little juice in me and I'll eat anybodies face off for the slightest reason and then eat my own face off because I think my nose is a banana.

His injury was bad enough he actually might have gotten post surgery steroids to reduce swelling damage and speed recovery.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I can't tell if the people that think Waddle was somehow a legend or something are being serious or not.. there wasn't a more irrelevant player in the NFL during his tenure on the bears. He spent his career on the injury report and the roster bubble. Hicks is twice the man and 50 times the football player Waddle could ever dream of being.

how do you not get this? Some players become “legends” without being the best. Don’t know about the twice the man part but anyone with a brane knows Hicks is better at football. That’s really not the point. Waddle is the NFL equivalent of that cult classic movie that’s never won an Oscar but people love all the same.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Tom Waddle is a douchebag.

Tom Waddle is literally the most vanilla inoffensive radio guy I’ve heard in my life.

He doesn’t give very good analysis because he’s so averse to saying anything bad about anyone. Which is why it’s so weird that anyone would ever think of him as a douchebag.

Good analyst - Not really

Good dude - Absolutely

Toast88

Liked Posts:
What did Waddle do to make him a folk hero? I must have missed it

You did miss it, then.

Dude got cut every fucking year, yet always scraped and clawed to get back and contribute during the regular season, and probably had the best hands on the team.

Caught almost everything thrown to him, scrappy little try-hard guy. If he existed today in the league, he’d have a national following—no joke.

TomWaddle

Liked Posts:
The first year Waddle was a major contributor was in 1991. The Bears went 11-5 that year. I was 9 years old. Everyone loved him for his toughness. He was the ultimate underdog: small and slow but he played with reckless abandon and was willing to go across the middle. And for those of you newer to the game, going over the middle was a different story in the 90’s - it meant a defensive back or a linebacker was going to launch at you with a helmet-to-helmet hit and knock the living hell out of you - personal fouls today.

My memories of those days was on 3rd and long the play was always Harbaugh to Waddle across the middle, he’d get completely rocked and hang onto the ball every single time. It was unbelievable and thats’ why the guy is a legend in Chicago.

If you’ve ever listed to Waddle & Silvy you’ll recognize the soundbites from this video. The guy saying ‘Every team wants to have a Tom Waddle…’ is hall of fame safety Ronnie Lott:

If you don’t know who Ronnie Lott is:

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
how do you not get this? Some players become “legends” without being the best. Don’t know about the twice the man part but anyone with a brane knows Hicks is better at football. That’s really not the point. Waddle is the NFL equivalent of that cult classic movie that’s never won an Oscar but people love all the same.
I understand the thought process behind the love I suppose, I just think it's stupid. He was irrelevant as a football player.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Just listened to the actual audio. Wow, Hicks was really just looking for a fight and seeking out conflict. He literally said you’re not a real Bears fan if you boo the team. Fuck him, that’s some dumb ass shit.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
all ya'll millenials need to shut the fuck up here though you don't know what the fuck you are talking about. Its just like you little pencil neck panzies that never played outside or were allowed to actually fight people in school, to go ahead and judge Tom Waddle based on your experience with the current panzy ass league.

Tom Waddle was known among tough football men who played a vicious and violent game as a warrior known to catch balls and pay for it with the hit across the middle in an era when Ronnie Lott would cut off his goddamn finger just to get back on the field and hit the fuck out of your universe.

These guys had passion and ferocity. Tom Waddle rose to the occasion and succeeded in that environment. His memory and life will never be the same because of it. Have some goddamn respect.