Akiem Hicks

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sucked even if he didn't get hurt.

He was a cancer only to Cutler.... ANd prove ownership wanted him gone.You can't.

He had a broken leg due to a stress fracture which without doubt happened as he trained for the combine. Bad pick last year.

You spinned.

I post facts.

6-10.

Did you just predict 6-10 next years? lol

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did you just predict 6-10 next years? lol

Stop trying to spin this around- all he does is post facts....

In all seriousness...he has no idea where he is right now.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Sucked even if he didn't get hurt.

He was a cancer only to Cutler.... ANd prove ownership wanted him gone.You can't.

He had a broken leg due to a stress fracture which without doubt happened as he trained for the combine. Bad pick last year.

You spinned.

I post facts.

6-10.
Marshall’s issues in 2014 were enough for the new Bears front office and coaching staff – plus Bears ownership – to decide the All-Pro receiver had to be moved, even if it wasn’t a great deal for the Bears.

http://bearswire.usatoday.com/2016/...l-a-little-angry-about-how-he-left-the-bears/

Knowing that the Bears will save $7.5 million by trading Marshall helped persuade ownership, but this equation came down to addition by subtraction. This wasn't about the salary cap as much as it was about organizational sanity.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/ct-bears-haugh-spt-0308-20150307-column.html

At that meeting, Marshall said, the Bears seemed to question his work ethic. They inquired about his relationship with quarterback Jay Cutler, a relationship that functioned as a headline generator. The Bears, according to Marshall, also didn't want him flying to New York on his off-day every week to tape "Inside the NFL."

Additionally, Marshall said he was told that "ownership" felt he was more focused on his off-the-field activities than with what he had to do on the field. (Through a spokesperson, the Bears declined to make anyone available to confirm any parts of Marshall's account of the trade.)

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2015/12/inside_the_trade_that_brought_brandon_marshall_fro.html

:obama:

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Chris Emma

New Bears DL Akiem Hicks was @PFF's third-best bargain free agent, with a top-20 ranking in run-stopping percentage.

Good thing Pace didn't over spend on a worthless FA.

Seriously, it'll be interesting to see at what numbers. I still the Bears will add another 5 tech DT yet, most likely in the draft. Signing Hicks, however, allows the Bears to not have to do that with their #11 pick. Pace once again setting the Bears up for the BPA in the draft! Fantastic start by Pace, imo.

And we still have $20 some odd Mil to spend yet with Bennett's savings covering the rookie pool. I figure Pace will save some money for June cuts, so we might see a lull in the signings soon. I think we might sign one more veteran yet, and I say a CB. What CB's are still out there?

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Patrick Robinson I think is the "big" name left.

Would be nice to get him to a 2 year contract ~3m a year to play inside.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
We've upgraded our defense considerably now with the signings of D.Trevathon, J.Freeman, A.Hicks and T.Porter. I still think a signing for our defensive backfield is coming which could be the next move and we also need to figure out what to do at TE with Z.Miller visiting the Rams and M.Bennett on the trade block and if he's not traded he could be cut which would really suck if we had to cut him. I was really shocked that he offered CJ Anderson a 4 year contract so we should also expect a signing at RB.

CB--K.Fuller/T.Porter. We could use another CB and think that will be done in free agency or draft.

S--A.Amos/A.Rolle. I'm not counting out Rolle from having a good comeback season for us but i also see an upgrade coming at SS in Free agency or draft.

ILB--D.Trevathon/J.Freeman. We've gone from ILB being our weakest position on defense to our strongest.

OLB--P.McPhee/W.Young/L.Houston. I see them using a draft pick on another OLB but people shouldn't count out W.Young and L.Houston from playing like they did in the 2nd half of the season next season from the beginning since both will be coming in 100% healthy which neither were to start last season.

DLine--E.Goldman/A.Hicks. I also see them drafting another DLineman.

That team with the tutelage of V.Fangio and J.Fox will be strong and that's without even knowing who will be added in free agency and the draft. More to come.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Some good names left that could fit what Bears are looking for.

CB--J.Powers, P.Robinson, B.Boykin, N.Carrol

S--D.Bruton, D.Golson (played for Fangio in san fran) R.Blanton. Not a great group for SS out there so could be something for the draft, Miles Killebrew please.

DLine--T.Knighton, H.Melton, M.DeVito, J.Crick. I think they'll go draft for another DLineman.

OLB--Aldon Smith (you never know) S.Acho. Draft

TE--G.Graham, Owen Daniels, Z.Miller, J.Cook, L.Paulsen. There's nothing out there so really have no idea what their plan is if they don't get Miller back and trade/cut Marty. Draft?

RB--A.Foster, CJ?K, S.Ridley, J.Starks. It's kind of concerning that they're looking at RB's cause i think we all thought they had total confidence in J.Langford and they still might but they offered CJ Anderson 4 years.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The A.Hicks deal is 2 years at $10 million so $5 mil per.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Marshall’s issues in 2014 were enough for the new Bears front office and coaching staff – plus Bears ownership – to decide the All-Pro receiver had to be moved, even if it wasn’t a great deal for the Bears.

http://bearswire.usatoday.com/2016/...l-a-little-angry-about-how-he-left-the-bears/

Knowing that the Bears will save $7.5 million by trading Marshall helped persuade ownership, but this equation came down to addition by subtraction. This wasn't about the salary cap as much as it was about organizational sanity.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/ct-bears-haugh-spt-0308-20150307-column.html

At that meeting, Marshall said, the Bears seemed to question his work ethic. They inquired about his relationship with quarterback Jay Cutler, a relationship that functioned as a headline generator. The Bears, according to Marshall, also didn't want him flying to New York on his off-day every week to tape "Inside the NFL."

Additionally, Marshall said he was told that "ownership" felt he was more focused on his off-the-field activities than with what he had to do on the field. (Through a spokesperson, the Bears declined to make anyone available to confirm any parts of Marshall's account of the trade.)

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2015/12/inside_the_trade_that_brought_brandon_marshall_fro.html

:obama:

What I never understand is why this team got upset about Marshall going to NY to tape a show. It was his DAY OFF, right? He was getting PAID to do it, right? He probably is going to make this kind of thing into a CAREER after his playing days are done. What is the difference if a guy wants to go to NY to tape a show versus deciding to do something else with his time?