Alabama pro day tomorrow

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Thats the problem, they have too much talent to lose badly.

That would obviously be ideal, but I don't see it considering the state of some of these teams in the nfl.
I should have said lose often, not badly. No, they wont be blown out every week but i can easily see this team string together losses.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I should have said lose often, not badly. No, they wont be blown out every week but i can easily see this team string together losses.

ohh they for sure will, I just don't expect them to lose more than 6 or win more than 8.

That doesn't get you howell, but I guess it gets you in the conversation via trade.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He'd be a great pick in the 2nd. I wouldn't mind a WR in the first either since miller is prob gone and Arob will either be gone after this year or traded this year.

Not really sure I like taking any other qb day 3 and on, but hey, a QB is a QB. Better than marching bray out in training camp.

I do think it's possible for the Bears to suck really bad next year. Like 5 win bad and get a top 10 pick. (This is possible with Nagy at the helm.)

But I don't mind hedging that with Trask in the 2nd round. At least he does one thing extremely well - and that's accuracy. If he doesn't work out, he could be a backup or trade bait later.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Ryan Pace/Matt Nagy are too busy sitting in the parking lot trying to figure out which car Mac drives.

Ford-Pickup-5auag18-2.jpg

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I like him better than Jones and would be okay with taking him in the 2nd.

I echo this. People tend to get recency bias - the hot thing right now is quarterbacks who can run. So some people think if a qb can't run, they're shit.

Not true though.

I've been looking at Trask, and it's freaky how accurate he is. Like throwing the ball to a double covered, bracketed receiver who 99 % of QBs would get blasted throwing to, and yet somehow perfectly placed the ball in between where neither defender and only his wr could catch the ball.

People talk up accuracy like it means getting the ball to the catch radius of your receiver.

Trask was hitting his receivers in the hands every...damn...time...

His receivers didn't have to reach for the ball because it was already there.

I know he doesn't have the strongest arm. But it's not a Josh McCown noodle arm either.

I don't follow college football, so I didn't have a horse in this race...his tape won me over.

Sign me up for it in Rd 1 and Trask in Rd 2.

At worst, I think he's a solid backup QB for the team in a draft where I think a lot of the hyped qbs have bust written all over them.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Not only do I hope Pace drafts him, I hope he trades capital to do so.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Just for the record, it's been since 1968 that Alabama sent a quarterback to the draft worth a damn...

SD Bears

Liked Posts:

Lose often and badly. I want everyone terminated with extreme prejudice.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Alabama quarterbacks don't transfer well

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
With Manziel, teams knew that he had the tools but lacked work ethic. He didn’t have the drive to be a great QB.

Lots of QBs have the tools and athletic ability, but the mental side of the NFL game is the hurdle for most college QBs. Only the best of the best can do it. It’s hard to read defenses, make the correct throw, allude rushers, and do all that in 3-5 seconds.?