Alarming stat

mac bear

Liked Posts:
I was waiting for the other shoe to drop on Marshall, but he seems to have gotten the message. I am really impressed.

Me too. I work with people with various special needs, and know one in particular who suffers from his behavioural condition. She suffers from it. Sometimes just can't help it, and explodes. Hates herself for it after, but during the moment, is buzzing.

I bet we've all felt that before. That buzz is addicting. But, most of us can control it. Or want to.

What if it was supported. What if we were nicknamed 'Beast' or whatever for it, and applauded, no, fuck that, cheered on for it. Be hard to shut that addiction off.

mac bear

Liked Posts:
Obviously you didnt read my first sentence.
"Oh, there are plenty of things I could get convicted of that would cost me my job."

I don't know what industry that you work in where reading comprehension isn't required.

is there a point to your rambling?

Man, you're a rough crowd. Better re-read my posts twice beefor sub meeting

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Me too. I work with people with various special needs, and know one in particular who suffers from his behavioural condition. She suffers from it. Sometimes just can't help it, and explodes. Hates herself for it after, but during the moment, is buzzing.

I bet we've all felt that before. That buzz is addicting. But, most of us can control it. Or want to.

What if it was supported. What if we were nicknamed 'Beast' or whatever for it, and applauded, no, fuck that, cheered on for it. Be hard to shut that addiction off.

You get it! I agree with everything you said!

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

That is what bothered me about Marshall.... his laundry list of charges and arrests was pretty friggin long. You worry that a tiger wont change his stripes, but a full season of him staying squeaky clean AND being a great Rah Rah team player with nary a bad word about anyone has turned me in to a big fan.

with the bipolar diagnosis, I was even more uneasy. but kudos to him for working things out.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Man, you're a rough crowd. Better re-read my posts twice beefor sub meeting

Reading comprehension burn Mac- I was quoting colonel whatsisfuck in that post...... my conversation with you remains barb free.
So now i am gonna throw a barb your way and say make sure the offensive post is directed at you before getting offended!
BURN!

just messin. but it wasnt a post for you.

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
"Oh, there are plenty of things I could get convicted of that would cost me my job."

I don't know what industry that you work in where reading comprehension isn't required.

ya the point is it's not an "NFL standard" it's an employed standard lol

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
ya the point is it's not an "NFL standard" it's an employed standard lol
Again, it is not.
There mere act of getting charged or accused or even being near a criminal activity is enough for the NFL.

Edit- after clicking on the sanchez topic (which i wish I hadnt) I would expect discipline for that.
If I did that, I doubt anyone I work with would ever see it, and if they did, I am pretty sure nothing would come of it.

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:

Heisenberg-Says-Relax-TShirts.jpg

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
Again, it is not.
There mere act of getting charged or accused or even being near a criminal activity is enough for the NFL.

My opinion is: your employer is pretty lenient if you keep your job through a murder charge, convicted or not. Maybe that's just my field. I guess I don't have good job security.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you really think so? I mean, doesn't it say more about the organization? And if, up top, they're prepared to turn a blind eye to this 'character' flaw, it's a fine line between this one and then that one and then...

And, ultimately, don't we all turn a degree of a blind eye when they score that touchdown, or make that hit, or pick that ball, or sack that particular top ten rated by 'peers' Qb?
The Hernandez thing is going to stay in peoples mind for a long time. There was another case I was reading about which also occured this week in which a rookie for Cleveland punched a guy and put him in the hospital in critical condition and the rook is being charged with attempted murder. Do you think teams want this kind of publicity? Hell no. They'll be more careful.