All Around The NHL

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
The Mike Smith own goal in OT is the best goal all year, and it couldn't of happened to a better candidate than Wiley drama.

Why must I be Saad? Via Tapatalk

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ducks are still undefeated at home in regulation at 19-0-2. They are also winners of the past 7 games. :smh:

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Ducks are still undefeated at home in regulation at 19-0-2. They are also winners of the past 7 games. :smh:

21-0-3 combined followed by a Stanley Cup the same season >>> 19-0-2 at home

:yeah:

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dubnyk traded to the Preds for Matt Hendricks.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ben Scrivens traded to Oilers for 3rd round pick.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Yes, Edmonton, trade away your young goalie and a draft pick because you're definitely a team built to win now and is not looking toward the future.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Yes, Edmonton, trade away your young goalie and a draft pick because you're definitely a team built to win now and is not looking toward the future.

I don't see Dubnyk as a long-term starter anyway :shrug:

Then they went and got a solid young goalie to replace him...

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
I don't see Dubnyk as a long-term starter anyway :shrug:

Then they went and got a solid young goalie to replace him...

To your point, I think Dubnyk and Scrivens are actually the same age, so it makes perfect sense if they are higher on Scrivens than Dubnyk (which I would think is the case, hence the trade). I'm surprised Edmonton hasn't gone running to ANH and offered to trade them some offense for one of their top goalie prospects. They could have, but I thought that would have been a solid match for both teams, regardless if they are in the same conference.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I don't think ANY goalie is going to succeed in Edmonton until they re-work that defense. It's a nightmare.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
To your point, I think Dubnyk and Scrivens are actually the same age, so it makes perfect sense if they are higher on Scrivens than Dubnyk (which I would think is the case, hence the trade). I'm surprised Edmonton hasn't gone running to ANH and offered to trade them some offense for one of their top goalie prospects. They could have, but I thought that would have been a solid match for both teams, regardless if they are in the same conference.

Dubnyk is no shlub; dude is big and athletic. He's had such nonexistent support as Melt mentioned. I don't necessarily believe they're higher on Scrivens as much as it is Dubnyk's contract was expiring and knew he'd be fleeing (understandably)...and they had to bring someone else in.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Dubnyk is no shlub; dude is big and athletic. He's had such nonexistent support as Melt mentioned. I don't necessarily believe they're higher on Scrivens as much as it is Dubnyk's contract was expiring and knew he'd be fleeing (understandably)...and they had to bring someone else in.

I don't know if it was a quote from someone in the EDM organization or speculation from the media, but I'd read that the Oilers were planning on searching for a new No. 1 goalie in the UFA market next summer. Should probably sign some D help first.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know if it was a quote from someone in the EDM organization or speculation from the media, but I'd read that the Oilers were planning on searching for a new No. 1 goalie in the UFA market next summer. Should probably sign some D help first.

100% agree they need D. They got Ference last off season, but paid a big price, didn't they? It might be too hard to convince free agents to come there and remain somewhat balanced capwise. They might have to part with one of their top forwards to acquire significant D help.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
100% agree they need D. They got Ference last off season, but paid a big price, didn't they? It might be too hard to convince free agents to come there and remain somewhat balanced capwise. They might have to part with one of their top forwards to acquire significant D help.

Seems like they're too overloaded at the top, really. Might not be a bad idea for them to unload one of their young guns to bring in some more defensive ability.

I liked the Ference move, but he was at his best in Boston, when he didn't have to play on the top pairing with the Chara/Boychuck duo in town. He can't be a top pairing Dman. Good in the other two pairings though.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mason re-ups in Philly. Over 4 per year. Yikes! They get decent goalie play and overpay for it.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Remember when Philly looked like a team set up for success for a few years? They sure imploded

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2