All Wrigley Field renovation thread

Wrigley Field: Fix Up Or Build New?

• Total voters

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't want it both ways on the argument.

I just don't believe that an increase in revenue will lead to anything but more profit for the Ricketts based on what has already been proven the last three years.

Revenue has increased by nearly $30M and payroll has decreased by $25M.

Why should I believe more revenue will lead to more payroll when we have seen the exact opposite the last three years?

I bought into the Ricketts was a fan thing when he bought the team.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

We will see. As I've said before if the Cubs are able to add significant revenue streams through a renovated Wrigley and a bump in TV deal to remain third in payroll in the division I will be right there with you. Until then I am going to continue to wonder why a team the Cubs outspent for the better part of a decade has two World Series championships during that same stretch compared to the Cubs 0 for 105.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
We will see. As I've said before if the Cubs are able to add significant revenue streams through a renovated Wrigley and a bump in TV deal to remain third in payroll in the division I will be right there with you. Until then I am going to continue to wonder why a team the Cubs outspent for the better part of a decade has two World Series championships during that same stretch compared to the Cubs 0 for 105.

And until I see the Ricketts return payroll to top 5 in baseball, I will continue to call BS.

After watching revenue rise and payroll decrease for three years, I will believe payroll will increase with more revenue when it actually happens, not a second before.

There is no reason this team should not be first in the division in payroll each and every season.

I don't expect Dodgers or Yankees $200M payroll, but they should be closer to the Dodgers and Yankees than they are to the Royals which is sadly true this year.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
And until I see the Ricketts return payroll to top 5 in baseball, I will continue to call BS.

After watching revenue rise and payroll decrease for three years, I will believe payroll will increase with more revenue when it actually happens, not a second before.

There is no reason this team should not be first in the division in payroll each and every season.

I don't expect Dodgers or Yankees $200M payroll, but they should be closer to the Dodgers and Yankees than they are to the Royals which is sadly true this year.
Honestly there isn't much point to this discussion because it is entirely based on speculation until the books are open to us. Like I said I don't have infinite patience on this matter, but I am willing to wait it out another year or two. You are not. Seems like everything beyond this is just going to continue in circles.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
It's already been three years.

If you are willing to see another year or two completely wasted before losing patience you are either a saint or buy too much into PR campaigns.

Willrust

Liked Posts:
They can't start any renovations until this offseason. It says, the Clubhouse will be renovated this offseason. Ergo, the player's clubhouse will be the 1st phase of the renovation. Sometimes A+B=C.

There is nothing anywhere that says the Jumbotron will even be put up in the offseason. They will 1st need to extend the exterior walls before they could put the Jumbotron up, and it would be damned difficult to complete the clubhouse construction between October to March, let alone having to expand the exterior walls and install the Jumbotron.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
They can't start any renovations until this offseason. It says, the Clubhouse will be renovated this offseason. Ergo, the player's clubhouse will be the 1st phase of the renovation. Sometimes A+B=C.

There is nothing anywhere that says the Jumbotron will even be put up in the offseason. They will 1st need to extend the exterior walls before they could put the Jumbotron up, and it would be damned difficult to complete the clubhouse construction between October to March, let alone having to expand the exterior walls and install the Jumbotron.

If you say so.

I feel very safe in my thinking that if the plan gets approved there will be a jumbotron by next opening day.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
If they get the approval, they can put up the jumbotron and redo the clubhouse between october and april because A. its not going to be the same crew doing both and B. it wont take that long to extend the wall and put up the tron..

chibears55

Liked Posts:
looks great.. hope they can get it done and all, but i still say if the politicians and rooftop people continue to be asses about it
Rosemont will build you a better facitlity with less headaches and money..

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-0516-wrigley-west-gate-20130516,0,6273032.story

A proposed new entry to Wrigley Field would open on to a planned plaza along Clark Street.
600x308

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
The music along with Pat's voice brought me to tears.

I'm not sure if I can watch that again.

I want to hand them my wallet. I can't wait.

I have a feeling after the renovations get done, every time you go to a game you will be handing them your wallet. Not sure how much, but you know everything will go up. :jawdrop:

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
So Tunney is pissed again the Cubs want to remodel.

Too bad Tommy Nickels bought a McDonald's for $20M.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Still would rather a new park... although I love Wrigley.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ricketts needs to really threaten to move to get what he wants. He doesnt get what he wants he should move team. No sense in being blackballed cause of stupid politics

CSF77

Liked Posts:
After reading they want to reduce the jumbo from 6k to 4k. Then the see through from 1k to 600. Then they want to scrap the Padio and the bridge from the hotel to the offices. And scrap the sidewalk and the lane taken out. It seems too much to me. I would move out and start fresh with a design they want. Get out of the city where they are being taxed like a private owned business while getting the red tape of a public owned property. It is the the best solution. F- the- politician and the local ownerships can eat it. Called killing the golden goose of the alderman.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think they approved most of the Cubs stuff and tabled the video screens and large signs until 7/11. Chances are the Cubs went large to negotiate down, or they knew that Rahm would be on their side and they'd get what they want anyway. The results of the 7/11 meetings will be key.