Allen Robinson chose the Bears over the Packers

Mitchapalooza

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/artic...f-allen-robinson-part-6-the-exit/77-531987454

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — After four years of ups and downs in Jacksonville, wide receiver Allen Robinson signed with the Chicago Bears in free agency earlier this month.

The former second-round pick agreed to a three-year, $42 million deal during the league's legal tampering period prior to free agency.

Prior to receiving the deal from Chicago, Robinson had other options, which gave him leverage when it came time to make the decision on the big move.

He garnered early interest from the New York Jets and the Cleveland Browns, two teams with enormous amounts of cap space. The Green Bay Packers also entered a bidding war for Robinson's services.

In the end, it came down to the Packers and the Bears. Robinson chose the Windy City.

"With all things being equal, Chicago was a place I had my eyes on from a football standpoint," Robinson said during a phone conversation with First Coast News.

"It's a spot with a lot of benefits as far as it being close to home. The close-to-home thing was a very minimal factor but it was still a factor."

Along with the geographical benefits of playing near his hometown of Detroit, Michigan, Robinson's interest in Chicago was heightened by the hiring of new head coach Matt Nagy.

The wide receiver was a fan of Nagy's work as an offensive play-caller in Kansas City. Robinson would have also considered the Chiefs in free agency had Nagy stayed put in the AFC West.

"For me, going into the whole free agency process, Chicago was definitely a team I had my eye on, from the standpoint that they had just hired Coach [Matt] Nagy," Robinson said. "Coach Nagy was a big part of it ... I'm a big fan of his system and his offense."

the rest of the article is in the link above

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Betting that the Bears wildly overpaid for Robinson.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
.....If there were at least 5 really good "blue chipper" players available at #8 why not ?? However, I feel that around 12ish the players available and their possible impact on our team will be too diminished..... So No

I think we are incredibly well positioned right now at #8 .... and would love to see Sir Pace get us a 31 or 32nd pick in the 1st some how instead of our 2nd at 39.... However

IMHO Marcus Davenport at #8 is the pick along with a top tier wide receiver at 39 ESB ??

Wrong thread

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Why would you say that? Green Bay has a better team and more ready for the playoffs. Stop being a homer

What part if FUTURE don't you understand?

But no...I don't think GB has a better shot at the playoffs than we do. And I've never been a Bears homer...lol

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
What part if FUTURE don't you understand?

But no...I don't think GB has a better shot at the playoffs than we do. And I've never been a Bears homer...lol
If you think that right now the Bears are better than the Packers then you are an idiot

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Who the fuck wants to be stuck in Green Bay, WI?
People that want a high quality of life. Not in the murder capital of the world (Chicago). Nicer people. Safer place to raise kids. More for your money. Less traffic and polution. No fucking illegals.

Dont you feel stupid now for asking that question?

noprophet

Quaker oats #1 fan
Liked Posts:
People that want a high quality of life. Not in the murder capital of the world (Chicago). Nicer people. Safer place to raise kids. More for your money. Less traffic and polution. No fucking illegals.

Dont you feel stupid now for asking that question?

Cow shit, seadonkeys, and everything closes at 8. I'll take the high murder rate.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Then you are a fuking moron

What you don't understand is NFL players like night life and actually having things to do outside of football. Green Bay will almost never attract free agents unless THEY overpay. And Green Bay doesn't like to overpay.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
He chose Chicago over Green Bay. Deal with it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk