Allen Robinson chose the Bears over the Packers

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I dont know if betting is allowed on the forum as I never want to violate forum rules. But IF I were to bet it would be $5 and I get 6 wins AND under

We can do anything on this forum except be nasty to each other....And you can consider Yes, I will take that bet. Anything above 6 wins I win ( 6-9-1 wins for me )
6-10 wins for you

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I like the optimism but the Packers are currently a better team. This off-season has given a lot to look forward to tho.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

The Green Bay Packers managed to do something that no team in the NFL had done. Have a roster full of shit and no cap space. Its impressive the amount of front office ineptitude that franchise has managed to accumulate. I love it.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I gotta leave for a Salsa night out with the wife. But...I'll consider this a bet unless you PM me otherwise.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
We can do anything on this forum except be nasty to each other....And you can consider Yes, I will take that bet. Anything above 6 wins I win ( 6-9-1 wins for me )
6-10 wins for you
If we allowed to do that you have a deal

Porkchop

Liked Posts:
Porkchopper, as long as Aaron Rodgers plays for the Packers they will be the better team.

How many times have the Bears beaten him? I rest my case

Okay:

From 2009-14: Rodgers was in his prime, the Packers as a team were, for the most part, decent to good around him. Meanwhile, the Bears were offensively inept from 2009-12 and the instant the Bears finally build some talent on that side of the ball, the defense falls off.

From 2015-17: Rebuild. The Packers have been noticeably worse, Rodgers is past his prime. He's not Brady. The guy is getting hurt more and more often, and the team around him has been mostly mediocre or worse.

Now the Bears have gained ground talent-wise, they have a young talent at QB and for the first time in ever, they appear to have competent coaching both offensively and defensively. Tell me the last time we had that?

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Okay:

From 2009-14: Rodgers was in his prime, the Packers as a team were, for the most part, decent to good around him. Meanwhile, the Bears were offensively inept from 2009-12 and the instant the Bears finally build some talent on that side of the ball, the defense falls off.

From 2015-17: Rebuild. The Packers have been noticeably worse, Rodgers is past his prime. He's not Brady. The guy is getting hurt more and more often, and the team around him has been mostly mediocre or worse.

Now the Bears have gained ground talent-wise, they have a young talent at QB and for the first time in ever, they appear to have competent coaching both offensively and defensively. Tell me the last time we had that?
There is a difference between being a fan and hoping the Bears become good and making an assessment. I hope they become good but I think the Packers have the same talent with the tie breaker being Rodgers. Sure he getting older but he still has the Bears number and the Bears know that.

Porkchop

Liked Posts:
There is a difference between being a fan and hoping the Bears become good and making an assessment. I hope they become good but I think the Packers have the same talent with the tie breaker being Rodgers. Sure he getting older but he still has the Bears number and the Bears know that.

We'll have to see post-draft but as of right now:

QB: GB (Mitch will have his day, but of course if Rodgers is healthy.)
RB: CHI (Howard/Cohen are about as good a tandem of backs you're gonna find. Pack have 2 decent backs, but nobody on par with Howard as an every down back.)
TE: CHI (Graham is good, but old and hasn't been that good the past few seasons. Bears have greater depth right now with Burton, Sims and Shaheen.)
OL: Wash (Bears and Pack graded out both around middle of the league, but Bears had more injuries to deal with and a rookie QB throughout the year.)
WR: CHI (A bit ambitious, since a lot of the Bears' fortunes here stems from players coming back from injury, but Robinson, Meredith and Gabriel were all major signings and remotely anything the Bears can get from White is just gravy. Meanwhile, GB is really going to have to string something together behind Adams. Nelson is gone, and Cobb may be on the way out soon as well.)

DL: Wash (Hicks is the best of the bunch. Goldman over Clark at NG, but this is a coin-flip. I'd say GB has the more well rounded group with Daniels, Clark and Wilkerson and Lowry off the bench. Hicks and Goldman are very dominant, Bullard and Robertson-Harris have been somewhat solid, but GB has more at the other end spot.)
ILB: CHI (Trevathan over Martinez, Ryan over Kwiatkowski, but Trevathan is the best of the bunch by a considerable margin.)
OLB: GB (Pack are set at OLB with Perry and Matthews, but Floyd is the best of the bunch when healthy.)
CB: CHI (Not even remotely close. Goes to show that GB was desperate to sign Fuller and whiffed.)
S: CHI (Amos and Jackson are a quality tandem and among the best at their respective positions. Clinton-Dix is also quite good, but the other position is weak for GB)

Overall, the Bears are better at RB, WR and TE on offense and IMO, barring injuries could be better on the line.

Defensively, front 7 is a slight edge to GB for now. Bears are better inside and have the best edge players in Floyd and Hicks, but I think GB has more for now on the edge.

But the back 4 is not close, the Bears are better by a mile. I do think they need to do a better job of forcing picks (though I think pressuring the QB more consistently will aid in that), but that group of Jackson, Amos, Prince and Fuller is quite good, while the Pack are kind of screwed back there minus Ha-Ha. They'll need to really hit a homerun in the draft.

They're younger and positioned better in the draft. More room to grow and more cap space to work with moving forward.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Yes, now I'm concerned that he will show up at my house and that the police will need to get involved in this. I hope he doesn't follow through on his threat

I just hope your house is not one of those sanctuary houses for illegal immigrants.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I just hope your house is not one of those sanctuary houses for illegal immigrants.
Remy flips out when you say the word illegal. No wait.....he's gone. Feel free to say illegal

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
Go check their defense. It’s pretty atrocious along with their RBs and mid tier WRs. Rodgers is literally the only thing they have, and an aging redzone TE Graham. Pettine has his work cut out for him.

Good point. When Rogers went down, the true ability of The Pack was exposed. Hundley was awful. Then they let Jordy go and Rogers QB Coach. I just don't understand that. Can Rogers return to form again recovering from a seriously fractured collarbone on his throwing side? I heard there are 13 screws in it. Is it an automatic that he recovers from that with no issues???