Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Robinson’s is 18 million. He has to get 20% raise on the tag because that is higher than the tag amount.
This is from the CBA.

Section 4. Definition of “Salary”:(a) “Salary” means the compensation in money, property, investments, loans or anything else of value to which an NFL player (including Rookie and Veteran players and players whose contracts have been terminated) or his Player Affiliate is entitled in accordance with a Player Contract, but not including Benefits. Salary with respect to any period shall include all Salary actually payable with respect to such period under the terms of a Player Contract and all Salary attributable to such period under the terms of this Agreement.

His base salary was $10.9M salary with $2.1M in roster and workout bonus. So I believe the 120% would come from $13M, so $15.6M. The signing bonus was paid in year 1 of his contract, it is cap relavent but I don't think it is included in his final season salary figure for the tag, but I could be wrong.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Why? So someone else can sign him, the Bears dont match, and they get nothing?

How much do you think someone would sign him for? For it to be an amount that the Bears wouldn't touch, it would have to be an amount that probably no one will give him.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is bullshit, he's not asking for $25m/avg he's NOT hopkins or Jones- he is somewhere between Mike Evans and OBJ $16-$18M. If he IS then bye lol... you're not getting that in free agency, there's no way.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I mean why would would Max know when other people don't? This smells like BS to me.

2Deep

Liked Posts:
Stupid as hell to pay a WR that money, especially in these days of spread offense. Absolutely dumb.

Absolutely. Could not agree with you more.
You can take that $25 mil and get 2 legit receivers and a O lineman. I like A Rob but he is not worth that much money.......he is not a game breaker. I want guys who have the threat to take tge ball to the house when they touch it.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
This is from the CBA.

Section 4. Definition of “Salary”:(a) “Salary” means the compensation in money, property, investments, loans or anything else of value to which an NFL player (including Rookie and Veteran players and players whose contracts have been terminated) or his Player Affiliate is entitled in accordance with a Player Contract, but not including Benefits. Salary with respect to any period shall include all Salary actually payable with respect to such period under the terms of a Player Contract and all Salary attributable to such period under the terms of this Agreement.

His base salary was $10.9M salary with $2.1M in roster and workout bonus. So I believe the 120% would come from $13M, so $15.6M. The signing bonus was paid in year 1 of his contract, it is cap relavent but I don't think it is included in his final season salary figure for the tag, but I could be wrong.

That is what Brad Spielberger, who is a cap guy for Overthecap.com , says. Also, worth noting that if what you say was right, then Robinson would get the average of the last 5 years based on the league wide salary cap. This year cap was 198M and the WR tag was 18.1. So, even if it's down to 180-190, you're still looking at 16-17Mil.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
so much speculation people jump at as fact......

Are we sure that he wants 25m or is that being being leaked by someone.....is that leak credible or just misinformation.....

If you think you know something.....you probably don't...

Arob is not worth 25m a year......but is he actually asking for that?

Liked Posts:
I doubt he's asking that, but if he is, then adios. He can go botch and kick a bunch of passes for another team. Won't miss him running backwards on 4th & short either.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
It's always puzzling to me how people hear a player's demands and want him gone. Of course a player is going to make his demands publicly at the highest possible number. Robinson or his agent isn't going to come out and say, "we want 16-18Mil". In negotiations, you start high and work your way down to the real agreeable number.

Also, why tag and trade him? First of all, he would have to SIGN that tag before the draft in order for you to get a 2021 draft pick for him. Doesn't really seem all that likely. The last franchised WR to get traded was Jarvis Landry a few years ago, and the Dolphins got a 4th and a future 7th for him. Granted, Robinson is better but no guarantee you get much more than that with a deep WR draft and most teams being really tight to the cap. The teams that would be most likely to have cap room and be willing to send a pick for a #1 WR probably would only do so if they got Watson (NYJ, MIA) which means they wouldn't have any top picks anyway or Stafford (SF, Indy) which again means no #1 pick so probably wouldn't give up the 2nd round pick everyone wants.

Lastly, who gives a shit if he doesn't WANT the tag or want to play on the tag? Force him to play on the tag or sit out the season. If he gets to the regular season and still hasn't shown up, then you trade him for whatever. But I'm not worried about a disgruntled player. A disgruntled Robinson will still give effort and put up numbers, he was disgruntled this year and put up a near career year.

Brandon Marshall

Liked Posts:
This is probably completely made up and if it isn't, then it's coming from Pace to save face. You think after almost 9 months of this only now someone finds out AR is asking for $25m +?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There is an argument for letting Robinson leave

-His franchise tag number will decimate their free agent budget.
-3rd round comp pick would not be hard to protect