Allen Robinson wants 25mil a year???

Liked Posts:
Lol at people thinking we can pay Arob, trade for Watson and have all those other people on the books even though we are already massively over the cap.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
He's not getting 25M from any team with the cap projections where they are right now. I'd still love to have him back, but if he's not going to play on the franchise tag, then they need to trade him for at least a 2nd round pick. You can't just let him walk for nothing.

Use that extra pick to draft his replacement.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Honestly I think the team believes they already solved this, they have been drafting hand-picked WR's since Nagy got here, and they want a big arm QB to throw to Miller/Mooney/Ridley and have zebra's Wims and ?

They have Graham and KMet as well as a pass catching RB or two and aren't that concerned about targets.

They probably just let him walk for the comp this year as they won't get a sign and trade for an overpriced disgruntled player.

I think he is worth it personally and they are crazy to let him go while trying to settle QB still. They need him badly. Pace fucked up and this should have been done last year....I don't know why they wouldn't just give him the 5 or 6 years last year to make it work. Make it up in years and guarantees but get that man in there at a decent cap number and sleep well for 5 years.

Is it that hard?

Only ego makes it hard because they actually think they are smart enough to "find" another one. They aren't!

For every Julio Jones that is obvious, there are ten guys who look like him and can't play. 50 Allen Robinson's that look like him but don't develop or have his explosion.

Pay the man!

Last edited:

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm sorry, but how does this make sense? People want to wait until they have a good QB to have good WRs. They want to wait until they have a good OL before having a good QB. The goal is to have good players. The offense has exactly 1 right now. It makes no sense to get rid of that 1 because you don't have 2. Did we learn nothing from Greg Olsen and Alshon Jeffery?
It isn't that he isn't needed. It isn't the priority that the Bears should be working on and in particular at $25 mil per year based on the current salary cap situation.

coolio

Liked Posts:
Didnt da bears blog say Robinson extension was good as done last offseason

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Didnt da bears blog say Robinson extension was good as done last offseason

Which is one of the reasons I get on people when they post shit from there. They were dead ass wrong or always lying about that.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Umm no...I can see him asking for a Amari Cooper type deal at 20...but nah. 25 mil...enjoy that...u priced urself out, no one is paying that for AR

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
I'm sorry, but how does this make sense? People want to wait until they have a good QB to have good WRs. They want to wait until they have a good OL before having a good QB. The goal is to have good players. The offense has exactly 1 right now. It makes no sense to get rid of that 1 because you don't have 2. Did we learn nothing from Greg Olsen and Alshon Jeffery?

I dont consider Allen Robinson to be as good Alshon or Olsen in their primes he just doesn't have the same impact on games and think we overrate him because because hes a Bear but the reality is that he has benefitted from being a target monster for his teams .

He doesn't bring enough to the table for 25 million and prior to this year TARIK COHEN was the bears with the most touches the past few years

Cohen returns
Mooney
Monty
Kmet
you can sign 2 wideouts for that 25 million dollars

Imagine if the Bears last spring instead of signing Quinn for 5 years 70 million signed Robbie Anderson for 3 years 30 million and you could put him in the field with Arob and Mooney.

We need to stop thinking one guy is bigger than the offense and can fix it all by himself .

Arob has a chance to be the best receiver in a franchises history so he can either chase a few extra millions or get in the history books but the Bears should be focused on getting the best offensive players it can in the most efficient way that they can

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Umm no...I can see him asking for a Amari Cooper type deal at 20...but nah. 25 mil...enjoy that...u priced urself out, no one is paying that for AR

I think the cooper contract should be the bar plus or minus a factor of the cap increasing or decreasing. I think it’s known it will be decreasing so I think cooper contract minus the % of whatever the cap decrease is going to be

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I dont consider Allen Robinson to be as good Alshon or Olsen in their primes he just doesn't have the same impact on games and think we overrate him because because hes a Bear but the reality is that he has benefitted from being a target monster for his teams .

He doesn't bring enough to the table for 25 million and prior to this year TARIK COHEN was the bears with the most touches the past few years

Cohen returns
Mooney
Monty
Kmet
you can sign 2 wideouts for that 25 million dollars

Imagine if the Bears last spring instead of signing Quinn for 5 years 70 million signed Robbie Anderson for 3 years 30 million and you could put him in the field with Arob and Mooney.

We need to stop thinking one guy is bigger than the offense and can fix it all by himself .

Arob has a chance to be the best receiver in a franchises history so he can either chase a few extra millions or get in the history books but the Bears should be focused on getting the best offensive players it can in the most efficient way that they can

I mean statistically speaking, he's clearly better than Alshon and Olsen were. I don't know what other criteria you would use.

And I've said nothing about 25Mil in this whole thread. I would tag him (18M) and then let him walk after. Honestly, who cares what he wants? The Bears have the tag at their disposal and have every right to use it on him. He doesn't like it, he can either sit all year, make $0 or play unhappily and he can't play poorly because he still has to try to get paid in 2022. It's not about giving him what he's asking for or what he's worth. It's about opportunity. The Bears don't have the opportunity to replace ARob, find a viable QB option and fix the OL this offseason. So, it makes the most sense to keep the 1 of those 3 you already have in tow.

Oh and I LOVE Robbie Anderson. I wanted him last offseason. Probably would have meant no Mooney, but if he did what he did in Chicago for Carolina THEN I'd have no problem letting Robinson walk because we'd already have a potential #1 WR for 10Mil. But nothing we can do about that now.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It isn't that he isn't needed. It isn't the priority that the Bears should be working on and in particular at $25 mil per year based on the current salary cap situation.
Its been figured out that the $25 figure came without good sources. It was a misunderstanding between demands and years. He's not asking for 25, he's asking for 100 million. You might even get him at 100/6 with the right guarantees.

I think he just wants that figure associated with his name.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
You guys are looking at this all the wrong way.

Again, Allen Robinson hasn't said anything. If he came out and point blank said, "I want 25Mil per season" it still doesn't matter. Because if he would play for 18-20Mil/year, he's not going to tell those he's negotiating with that he'd play for 18Mil. He's going to tell them 25M so that when they agree to 20Mil, it seems like a steal for the team.

It doesn't really matter what he wants though. Doesn't even matter what he's worth or what you perceive his worth to be long term.

Bottom line is the Bears can have him on the team or not have him on the team. It's 100% their choice even if he does have a little leverage. 18M franchise tag. He either takes it or he takes 0M and watches everyone else play football in 2021.

If you could guarantee me Golladay, Godwin, Juju, Will Fuller or Corey Davis at 12-17 per year for 4-5 years, I'd gladly let Robinson walk. But you can't let Robinson walk with the only compensation being in 2022. The only exception would be if Jerry Jones himself gave you a handwritten letter with Cowboys letterhead, signed with a blood oath that he would not tag Dak and Dak gave you the same letter that he would sign with the Bears. Then you don't have to use both of your first 2 picks on QB and OL (bigger needs) and can draft a WR. A bird in the hand......

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Truth is the Bears knew what the cap situation might be, and if it was for the pandemic, I think the Bears would have done the extension... it likely pissed off Robinson that they still didn't do it. But the Bears are locked into the unknown with the cap. People say PAY DA MAN, but fail to see the Bears may have nothing to pay with.

They may say don't sign Cohen, but 3 mill was solid for a play you plan on using in this offense as a threat, they missed this season. I'd rather they use that 3 million on Robinson but hell hard to say how that go.

I'd also rather them not sign an Aging Trevathan, and let one of the other young Linebackers compete to start. However, it says a lot that they did sign him, seeing as he can never stay Healthy. They must not be ready/good enough.

I can't remember if they extended anyone else last year, but the fact still stands that it looks like the Bears wasted money on players who regressed and can't stay on the field, rather than a guy who does. The more I think about it, the worse. I feel.

Jimmy Graham is also the most expensive back up TE in the game... Pretty sure they could have gotten him for 3 mil instead for each season. The Bears would have looked great, at the end of the season, not so much early one.

3,5 and 7... 15 million right there, I almost bet that would have gotten Robinson at the start of this year...