Altercations at Child's Sporting Events

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Funny-sign.jpg
Great sign that needs to be in every arena and field that hosts kids sporting events.

There's nothing that makes me want to rip out a jawbone and shove it into someone's eye socket more than some parent who peaked in high school trying to relive their childhood dreams vicariously through their kids and not allowing them to be kids and make their own path in life in the process.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I raised 3 daughters that were very good at BB and softball. The parents whose kids weren't athletic were the worst. Usually it was the fat moms that did most of the bitching. We were at a tournament in Peoria and my middle daughter was striking out every batter she faced. At out 15 a mom from the other team tried to fight me. The other parents from that team pulled her away and apologized. You have to watch out for crazy fat moms. :yep:

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I raised 3 daughters that were very good at BB and softball. The parents whose kids weren't athletic were the worst. Usually it was the fat moms that did most of the bitching. We were at a tournament in Peoria and my middle daughter was striking out every batter she faced. At out 15 a mom from the other team tried to fight me. The other parents from that team pulled her away and apologized. You have to watch out for crazy fat moms. :yep:

She was prolly mad you moved her daughter-thread to the parking lot....

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
So my daughter rolled her ankle pretty good. No more softball this year. Going to the orthopedic doctor on Tuesday.

No more softball fights for me this year I guess. Maybe next year though

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So my daughter rolled her ankle pretty good. No more softball this year. Going to the orthopedic doctor on Tuesday.

No more softball fights for me this year I guess. Maybe next year though

We are playing for position in district and playoff seeding tonight. A win and a loss by another team locks up 2nd place in division and better play off seed. Big game for us. Sorry to hear your daughter got injured.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
We are playing for position in district and playoff seeding tonight. A win and a loss by another team locks up 2nd place in division and better play off seed. Big game for us. Sorry to hear your daughter got injured.

Her team is brand new this year. Very small private school so they allow home schooled kids and kids at other private schools that want to play on the team. Hopefully it will last the 4 years my girl is out there so they can build up a team and get some confidence.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We are a small public school. Softball has only been a highschool sport here for 8 years. We've been deep into the playoffs once. Several girls have gotten college scholarships.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
So anybody ever seen adults fighting at sporting events. I've heard stories but this was as close as I've ever been to even seeing one.

I've been playing league basketball in our town for better than 25 years. I've seen fights often. Players on the same team fighting (my team to boot), Ref's starting a fight with a player, seen dozen fights, most I've been in the middle of breaking up. Had one punch literally fly past my right ear, right eye to strike the other player in the jaw.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I think the biggest pieces of shit are the parents who get so into their childs sports they become loser, prick assholes screaming the whole time, yelling at the high school teenager referee over a call, video tape their kids practice and act like their child is going to make it to the pros. The saddest thing I saw was a guy I played withs Dad, wearing a notre dame jersey with their last name on the back, convinced his son was going to start as quarterback for the team..

Yes, all 5'9 150 lbs of him lol

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
A dad from my HS rival punched a ref after the game. Ran on the court and punched him. My friend ran over and pushed the dad. The dad squared up on my friend. Then, he got speared by another father. It was epic. We always tried to fight that school. Their parents had more balls. This was a Catholic School.

Also, when I was playing youth basketball. My coach got hit on the court by a guy for sleeping with his wife. Knocked the shit out of him. Coach never saw it coming. I was pissed because the game got cancelled.