Am I crazy or is 2 first rounders+ a lot??

Sammich

Liked Posts:
For everyone bitching, remember Pace excels in the later rounds anyways. We will still find very good players in the draft next year. I'm sure Pace will make a couple more moves before the 2019 draft to add a couple mid/late round picks since I think we only have 5 now.

I will not be holding my breath.

Madden

Liked Posts:
I will not be holding my breath.

Yeah because Pace has never made trades to recoup picks....

Bears fans: What is Pace going to do at OLB? We need help and are weak there.
Pace trades for elite OLB 2016 Defensive player of the Year: Fucking Pace idiot...my precious pickssssss

What college OLB would you draft in 2019 1st round that would be better than Mack?

News flash: Mack was a #5 first round pick. It's not like we're giving up 2 1sts for a UDFA. You give up the extra 1 for that guaranteed elite talent in his prime. I'm all for the move. Without Pace's trade aggressiveness we wouldn't have Miller either and he looks like he's gonna be pretty good.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Sure it's a lot---You overpay for elite players. This one's a future Hall of Famer.

Better than overpaying for mediocre players.

Presumably, the Bears won't be picking at the top of the draft the next two years.

The only way this is a bad deal is if the Bears' picks the next two years, outside the top of the draft, are both Hall of Famers.

That seems unlikely to me.

Bears already don't have a 2019 2nd. We're lucky to get a star in 2019. Luckily Pace isn't too bad with later picks. Only time will tell.

dawags

Liked Posts:
Vegas has our over/under at 6.5 this year so just assuming 6 wins pushes us out of the top 10 in next years draft where the top 2 pass rushers would probably already be gone. With no second round pick, we have very little ammo to move up enough to grab the best. 2020, we would have to package picks to get into position for hopeful great pass rusher. We now have a bird in the hand. Good move, Pace. We now move from competing with Detroit to stay out of the cellar to competing with GB and Minny for the division over the next few years.

Sammich

Liked Posts:
Vegas has our over/under at 6.5 this year so just assuming 6 wins pushes us out of the top 10 in next years draft where the top 2 pass rushers would probably already be gone. With no second round pick, we have very little ammo to move up enough to grab the best. 2020, we would have to package picks to get into position for hopeful great pass rusher. We now have a bird in the hand. Good move, Pace. We now move from competing with Detroit to stay out of the cellar to competing with GB and Minny for the division over the next few years.

Lots of people seem to be forgetting that we also play offense.

Antobears

Liked Posts:
Well someone was.
The point being made by bearly (posted above) is that the saints gave up two firsts for davenport and this puts the Mack trade in perspective. The two situations are not identical but highlight the price teams are willing to pay for an edge rusher. We got a potential HOF player with a big contract the team can afford. The saints got a cheap player with tonnes of upside but v little experience.

Fact is an OLB was being selected with next years first anyway. At least with Mack we know what we're getting and my god does it look good.

Bear down

Jawbreaker

Liked Posts:
Pace is trying to save his job..... but it is at the expense of the future of the Bears. Just about every team could have chosen to give up 2 first rounders to get Mack but they all passed on it EXCEPT THE BEARS.

That tells you something. The price was too steep. No organization was that foolish and desperate except the Bears. I love Mack but he Is just 1 player. If he gets hurt.............

Yes, we gave up too much.

Antobears

Liked Posts:
Pace is trying to save his job..... but it is at the expense of the future of the Bears. Just about every team could have chosen to give up 2 first rounders to get Mack but they all passed on it EXCEPT THE BEARS.

That tells you something. The price was too steep. No organization was that foolish and desperate except the Bears. I love Mack but he Is just 1 player. If he gets hurt.............

Hmmm the deal makes sense from a bears perspective if you believe Mack is worth two rolls of the dice in the first round of the draft...which I believe he is. Here's hoping that's correct ��

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trading for a future hall of famer that you can get under contract in the prime of his career.

Let's ask the question in a different way......

Would you rather have a Hall of Famer on the most important position on defense under a long term contract or two first round draft choices........bear in mind there are about 7 HoFers every year......

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Khalil Mack is problably the best pass rusher in the game and is only 27 years old! Its a great trade even if it doesnt work out. He can blow out a knee and we basically would have traded away two picks for nothing but the defense is still solid enough that it wouldnt kill us either. We also got a second rounder from the raiders who i think will be terrible this year so that could be a high 2nd rounder. Now it could also turn out that he continues to be an absolute beast and and turns this defense into the best defense in the league while he wins multiple dpoy and we play in a couple of super bowls over the next 5 years and brings a title or two to Chicago. We dont know but you wont ever know if you dont take the chance. Im completely comfortable with the trade.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

He just signed a contract extension and just hired a hc I think his job was safe regardless

If anything this gutsy move could hurt his job security if it doesn’t work out because the expectations have now gone way up

Your thinking is all wrong on this

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears allowing Pace to do this move is all you need to know about his job security........it is rock fucking solid right now....

Jawbreaker

Liked Posts:
That 3rd rounder is more than just a throw in with the deal too. That 3rd rounder is likely to end up being a real ball player.

2 1’s and a 3 is too much

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Jawbreaker and Halftime have to be the same guy.