Votes: 35 28.2%
  • LA'EL COLLINS or Someone Else

Votes: 6 4.8%

• Total voters

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Compliment to receiver who can be a true #1. Every #1 in the league are physical and can go up and get it not just find a way to get open. Corners are getting bigger and bigger every year.

That is a trend that has been a reaction to taller receivers...

However taller receivers have a weakness when they can be slowed at the line of scrimmage by physical CBs. These CBs need not be tall, just physical. And they can play closer to the line against these WRs.

I'll take my chances on a guy like Cooper that can't be redirected at the line of scrimmage because he just can't be touched. You get too close to Cooper at the line and he can get around you with his quickness. CBs will have to play a bit back to from Cooper because of this. It is all about match ups.

If a CB plays back from Cooper it opens up what a receiver can do on his routes. Cooper is a merciless route runner. Anyone who takes him will be happy with what he can bring to their team. I would love to see him on the Bears.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
The professionals would disagree with you as he will go in the top ten.....lol at the no leaping ability....you're acting like he is welded to the ground....how many athletic freaks never make it in the NFL because they can't play the pro game.....Cooper has been running a pro style route tree already....and he may not have the fastest straight line speed, but he is certainly the quickest receiver with freakish ability to cut.
Who is drafting him top 10?

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Its hard to get separation on the NFL level. If you dont have size you need explosive track speed like TY hilton.

Cooper has one of the lowest verticals in any draft so basically he has no choice put depend on his route running.

Flat out false. Please stop making an ass of yourself as you've done quite often on here.

Cooper gains separation with elite quickness and ultra smooth route running. He hits top gear in a hurry. You absolutely do NOT need world class speed to gain separation in the NFL, regardless of your vertical jump.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Coopers 20-40 yard dash was faster that whites. They did a comparison on Nfl.com. This is important because when running s fly and go you want to eat up the cushion, 10-20, then blow past the corner 20+.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
That is a trend that has been a reaction to taller receivers...

However taller receivers have a weakness when they can be slowed at the line of scrimmage by physical CBs. These CBs need not be tall, just physical. And they can play closer to the line against these WRs.

I'll take my chances on a guy like Cooper that can't be redirected at the line of scrimmage because he just can't be touched. You get too close to Cooper at the line and he can get around you with his quickness. CBs will have to play a bit back to from Cooper because of this. It is all about match ups.

If a CB plays back from Cooper it opens up what a receiver can do on his routes. Cooper is a merciless route runner. Anyone who takes him will be happy with what he can bring to their team. I would love to see him on the Bears.
He is going against NFL corners. He will have the same issues tall corners have but limited in other areas that all these tall #1 caliber receivers dont have.

strobiwan

Liked Posts:
the only way im spending pick # 7 on a WR is if he compares to Megatron.
some get so hung up on Their GUY, that they completely ignore obvious flaws.

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
Where does Parker come into the discussion? 10-20 range?

I really like Parker, more than White in some ways. I haven't really seen all that much of Cooper aside from youtube but it's not hard to fall in love with him. He's very slick, nothing really blows you away when you look at him but the guy seems like he's always open.

Cooper is the best compliment to Jeffery out of the three, imo. I also think that out of the top three, he'll be best versus press coverage. Number 1 WR's win all over the field; down the sidelines, from the slot, finding holes in zone. Cooper does a lot of everything well and would be a great pick.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
Flat out false. Please stop making an ass of yourself as you've done quite often on here.

Cooper gains separation with elite quickness and ultra smooth route running. He hits top gear in a hurry. You absolutely do NOT need world class speed to gain separation in the NFL, regardless of your vertical jump.
You apparently are the ass. Elite what? What the fuck does elite quickness gets you in the NFL dumb ass. He can have whatever the fuck you think he has he aint a #1 and if he is name another #1 he compares to?

RisWell

Liked Posts:
#7 For a reciever who cant jump and dont have elite size is a no brainer. You guys getting a hard on for a fucking complement and cant even give me #1 he compares to so basically you hoping Cooper can break the trend of #1 receivers.

PeteMicheals

Liked Posts:

If everything goes right for the bears with Pace and Fox, the bears won't have a #7 pick for a long time. So why not maximize our 7th rounder on a playmaker receiver while we have it?

Origionally I was going with WHITE. But you guys have convinced me in this thread that Copper has better hips and is just naturally a better reciever.

With the 7th overall pick, the Chicago Bears select Amare Cooper. Alabama University

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Good on ya. Those type of players never make it to #7. So it's nothing more than wishful thinking on your part.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You apparently are the ass. Elite what? What the fuck does elite quickness gets you in the NFL dumb ass. He can have whatever the fuck you think he has he aint a #1 and if he is name another #1 he compares to?

Guys like Hilton, Harrison, Wayne, Beckham, Nelson/Cobb, Pick one of New England's WR's

RisWell

Liked Posts:

When you debate back your shit up dont fold like a bitch. Back your shit up but nope you cant handle shit so you need to get out of character. I came to debate dont reply to my post or just ignore me.

PeteMicheals

Liked Posts:
When you debate back your shit up dont fold like a bitch. Back your shit up but nope you cant handle shit so you need to get out of character. I came to debate dont reply to my post or just ignore me.

People call Sweetness, Walter Payton for his ability to glide on turf.

Cooper has this uncanny ability at the reciever position. I think we should call him "SweeTart"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SweeTarts
for those that don't get the reference ^ see link above

Keith Van Youk

Can't Stop The Knee Highs
Liked Posts:

u-mad-o.gif

Says the fucking down syndrome kid who insists Amari won't go in the top 10. Shut the fuck up.