And Haekel continues...

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
I thought after Skille's 2 goal game last nite, it should get a new thread. The Hack's take on Skille...

THE GOOD:

Jack Skille.

Had a nice game last night. His energy and hard work were finally rewarded with two goals. The first was a relatively easy point blank wrister set up by a nice play by Brian Campbell. The second was more Skille, burying another wrister while skating backward into scoring position. The key for Skille now is not to escape back into the delusion that he's a top 6 scorer. He needs to keep working— where along with Jake Dowell and Bryan Bickell— he formed a very productive fourth line last night.

So, the first was relatively easy catch and shoot goal vs Rinne....interesting.

Skille's delusional? Did Haeckel see the interview with Jack after the first? Seems to me he knows exactly what his role is and the only delusional fuck is this toolbag.

"He needs to keep working" - Right. Because after the first 18gms he hasnt been the hardest worker for the Hawks all year. Does this asshalf (yes, he's an asshalf. It would take 2 Jaekels to make an ass-whole) even watch the games, or just read boxscores?

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Personally, I would put Skille in the top six right now. He's working his ass off every shift.

LOL @ an easy goal.

Ton

Liked Posts:
If Skille keeps it up (4 pts in 5 games) then he can be as "delusional" as he wants. I guess Stalberg is delusional too, since he started the year on the 4th line and everything... no chance of anyone moving up ever. Never happens. Lines are always set in stone, no one ever improves or surprises.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
If Skille keeps it up (4 pts in 5 games) then he can be as "delusional" as he wants. I guess Stalberg is delusional too, since he started the year on the 4th line and everything... no chance of anyone moving up ever. Never happens. Lines are always set in stone, no one ever improves or surprises.

This guy is obviously a total moron. Honestly, I think we should just ignore him. By reading his drivel, we're just giving his blog or whatever the fuck he has more hits. Ignore him and he'll go away.

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Is it overstating things by saying that Skille has been the hardest working Blackhawk this entire season?

Gemini13

Liked Posts:
Is it overstating things by saying that Skille has been the hardest working Blackhawk this entire season?

No. If not him than who? He's brought it pretty much every game this season. Has it translated in results all the time? No. However the effort has been there.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
WHY THE FUCK IS THIS MORON ALLOWED TO WRITE THIS DRIVEL.... please tell me he doesn't get paid for this?

TSD

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was waiting to see what this guy was going to say about skille now.

Wasnt he pissed off that skille wasnt scoring before, and now that he has, he's saying skille shouldn't be delude himself into thinking hes a scorer? WTF!

I mean honestly, his attempt at praise for skille's game was just a veiled insult. he couldn't just say skille had a good game and leave it at that.

I hope this guy dies, seriously, his comments on trades and everything, he's about as clueless as they come.

For those of you wondering, i dont know if he gets paid for his blogging, but he does have a day job:

http://www.jaeckelpartners.com/Site/Welcome.html

"John Jaeckel is a national award-winning copywriter and creative director with 25 years’ experience in advertising agencies and brand consultancies, including Doner, Fitch, and DDB (Tracy-Locke). John is a problem-solver, a communicator and a dreamer. His mantra: sacred cows make sacred steaks."

I found him on linkedin, his profile had his same image from the hockey buzz forums, so im assuming its the same guy.

I wouldnt hire him, his job is designing brands and marketing, he has a weakass website that says "best viewed with Safari or Firefox" great business decision there tool, the vast majority of internet users will be using i.e. because they dont know shit about computers even when it comes to using a different browser. Anyway I find this funny because from my experience as a developer you almost have to conciously try to make a website incompatible with IE. Judging by the lack of anything on his fucking website, how the fuck could it possibly be less compatible with IE than anything else, hes a fucking moron. At least a moron designed that website, using javascript to load static images.

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Skille sucks as bad as Campbell and Huet. I support this blogger for his incredible insight and almost omnipotent sense of hockey knowledge.

FlaHawkFan

Liked Posts:
Ha, QUITE purple...

LOL. I thought it was pretty obvious (especially when you got to the part about the blogger).

Honestly, last year JJ was one of the better Hawks bloggers and much better than the usual tripe on Hockeybuzz. But he seems to have lost his mind this year. The whole Skille thing is just weird. And recommending, even if jokingly (which I don't think it was), that the Hawks trade for Wiz was completely ridiculous. Yikes.

E Runs

Liked Posts:
LOL. I thought it was pretty obvious (especially when you got to the part about the blogger).

Honestly, last year JJ was one of the better Hawks bloggers and much better than the usual tripe on Hockeybuzz. But he seems to have lost his mind this year. The whole Skille thing is just weird. And recommending, even if jokingly (which I don't think it was), that the Hawks trade for Wiz was completely ridiculous. Yikes.

It was pretty easy last year, no?

FlaHawkFan

Liked Posts:
It was pretty easy last year, no?

Hah. Yes it was. But I guess the thing that impressed me was that he didn't panic like most everyone else when the Hawks hit that rough spot at the end of the year. This year he seems to have hit the panic button full force, and his obsession with Skille is bizarre.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I know. But it seems this year John Jaekel Jingle Heimer Schmidtt has chosen Jack Skille as his personal whipping boy.

There are far more worthy argets of his ire.

Maybe he's upset that he didn't pan out based on his draft status, but then again, did Barker, Ladd, Eager, or Ruutu?

TSD

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know. But it seems this year John Jaekel Jingle Heimer Schmidtt has chosen Jack Skille as his personal whipping boy.

There are far more worthy argets of his ire.

Maybe he's upset that he didn't pan out based on his draft status, but then again, did Barker, Ladd, Eager, or Ruutu?

Great catch. Not many people are aware 4th line grinder mr. Ben Eager was a first rounder, yet I never heard a hawk fan once say "he isnt living up to his draft position". Yet skille gets picked on like hes some strange anomoly.

EspoForever

Liked Posts:

I agree with it. Cannot think of anyone else who has brought it every night we well as Skille so far.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I love that Skille is the new Adam Burish.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
..and that's that gets me.

Not everyone can be a Kane/Toews. Drafted high and playing well (enough, in the case of last year) to justify their draft position.

Not everyone can be a Zetterberg.

But then we go to Barker/Ruutu. These guys played below their draft status and got paid closer to their draft status. Personally, I've never been big on Barker, But I did like Ruutu. Either way, what they made and what they brough had disparity to it. But I don't hold it against either--they are what they are.

Skille, yeah he was drafted high but he's making near, if not the league minimum. So, it's not like he's overpaid but he's doing a fine job as a 3rd/4th line energy guy with some speed.