And Haekel continues...

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I'm tired of the pay thing for Skille, or the draft thing for Skille. He's been well paid for 3 years and done nothing. He was drafted high 4 years ago and played the majority in the AHL. Neither one of those things matter right now. The Hawks have been trying to groom him for 4 years to be the top 6 player. I don't want to hear the "he hasn't gotten much playing time in the NHL" argument either. I don't give a shit, he's not exactly ever dominated in the AHL, and had consistently been passed up for other callups. He's been given a few shots, but for the last three years those dwindled as the team got better and he didn't. Basically I don't think he took a pay cut at all, he's playing exactly as well as he's being paid. Sure he's trying hard. Sure he has potential, sure he has speed and some skill. But he's played 19 games this year. And not played well. He has one game where he finally capitalizes and scores. And you're ready to wipe it all clean and say play him more. Well you know what. He doesn't get more minutes because he doesn't deserve more minutes. Great he's an energy guy, great he's hitting people. But he was supposed to fill the scoring role of the players that were shipped away, and he hasn't been able to get off the 4th line. Q has always played the players that earn the time. Go back and look at Stalbergs TOI at the beginning of the season, he didn't break 12 mins. until the 11th game. But I would say that Stalberg played much better than Skille, he has earned the additional ice time he's getting. Skille hasn't yet, well except these last couple of games it appears.

I don't hate Skille, I just think that people are so fixated on him that they refuse to doubt him yet, when we've seen worse players ripped for less. He's had some solid games, and I must admit I haven't seen much of the last two, so I hope he's turning a corner. But I'm going going to say "See he's had two goals, he's good now". I like more consistency than that. It's the same reason that Buff pissed me off that he only showed up in the playoffs or randomly throughout the season.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Fine...Skille is replacing Versteeg.

Versteeg - 2g - 5a - 7pts - -6 - 33sog - 6 hits

Skille - 2g - 4a - 6pts - +1 - 46 sog -39 hits

Last year, the Hawks has 336K cap space. Skille made 1.275mil, who should he have replaced? Its not like that had chumps up there in the top 9...let alone 6.

R K

I'm tired of the pay thing for Skille, or the draft thing for Skille. He's been well paid for 3 years and done nothing. He was drafted high 4 years ago and played the majority in the AHL. Neither one of those things matter right now. The Hawks have been trying to groom him for 4 years to be the top 6 player. I don't want to hear the "he hasn't gotten much playing time in the NHL" argument either. I don't give a shit, he's not exactly ever dominated in the AHL, and had consistently been passed up for other callups. He's been given a few shots, but for the last three years those dwindled as the team got better and he didn't. Basically I don't think he took a pay cut at all, he's playing exactly as well as he's being paid. Sure he's trying hard. Sure he has potential, sure he has speed and some skill. But he's played 19 games this year. And not played well. He has one game where he finally capitalizes and scores. And you're ready to wipe it all clean and say play him more. Well you know what. He doesn't get more minutes because he doesn't deserve more minutes. Great he's an energy guy, great he's hitting people. But he was supposed to fill the scoring role of the players that were shipped away, and he hasn't been able to get off the 4th line. Q has always played the players that earn the time. Go back and look at Stalbergs TOI at the beginning of the season, he didn't break 12 mins. until the 11th game. But I would say that Stalberg played much better than Skille, he has earned the additional ice time he's getting. Skille hasn't yet, well except these last couple of games it appears.

I don't hate Skille, I just think that people are so fixated on him that they refuse to doubt him yet, when we've seen worse players ripped for less. He's had some solid games, and I must admit I haven't seen much of the last two, so I hope he's turning a corner. But I'm going going to say "See he's had two goals, he's good now". I like more consistency than that. It's the same reason that Buff pissed me off that he only showed up in the playoffs or randomly throughout the season.

55k per year in the AHL is well paid?

The Hawks were not grooming him, rather they had no cap space for him. Part of having two goalies making just under 13 million a year.

He is getting his chance now and proving he belongs. First time in his CAREER he's gotten a fair chance. Right now, this season.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Fine...Skille is replacing Versteeg.

Versteeg - 2g - 5a - 7pts - -6 - 33sog - 6 hits

Skille - 2g - 4a - 6pts - +1 - 46 sog -39 hits

Last year, the Hawks has 336K cap space. Skille made 1.275mil, who should he have replaced? Its not like that had chumps up there in the top 9...let alone 6.

now compare salary and TOI for this season.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Versteeg: $3,083,333 - 15:43

Skille: $600,000 - 10:34

I'm surprised Jack has even averaged that much, since I often look at the scoresheet and see 7:50, 9:20, 8:17 etc.

plus, Steeger is getting crazy PP time too...

canucklehead

Liked Posts:
I'm surprised Jack has even averaged that much, since I often look at the scoresheet and see 7:50, 9:20, 8:17 etc.

plus, Steeger is getting crazy PP time too...

that's Steeger's TOI from last season, not this season. His current TOI is 20:04 on the laffs.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
that's Steeger's TOI from last season, not this season. His current TOI is 20:04 on the laffs.

so in an extra 10 minutes a night, playing on the top line, and first PP unit (and 2.5 mil more a year) he has one more point then Jack.

Interesting

Skille sucks!!

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
so in an extra 10 minutes a night, playing on the top line, and first PP unit (and 2.5 mil more a year) he has one more point then Jack.

Interesting

Skille sucks!!

SEXY REXY! HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I have no problem with Skille. Yes he was drafted pretty damn high, and we all expect top 6 forward numbers. I think it is fair to say he isn't top 6 full time. Maybe a 3rd liner with a few occasional moves to 2nd line? He may be a grinder. The fella that provides hits and chances and will sometimes get rewarded with a goal or 2.

I wonder what will happen come deadline time. Will he be moved? I say probably not. He is making a pittance (relatively) and moving him won't afford much cap space. Could he be the unsung hero as the season goes on?

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
SEXY REXY! HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I have no problem with Skille. Yes he was drafted pretty damn high, and we all expect top 6 forward numbers. I think it is fair to say he isn't top 6 full time. Maybe a 3rd liner with a few occasional moves to 2nd line? He may be a grinder. The fella that provides hits and chances and will sometimes get rewarded with a goal or 2.

I wonder what will happen come deadline time. Will he be moved? I say probably not. He is making a pittance (relatively) and moving him won't afford much cap space. Could he be the unsung hero as the season goes on?

I said this in the summer, but if Skille was getting top six minutes, there is no reason the guy couldn't have the numbers Byfuglien or Ladd had last season. He never takes a shift off...give him some minutes with some talented linemates.

AND JAKO!!! HEEEEEYYYYY!!!!!

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
I said this in the summer, but if Skille was getting top six minutes, there is no reason the guy couldn't have the numbers Byfuglien or Ladd had last season. He never takes a shift off...give him some minutes with some talented linemates.

AND JAKO!!! HEEEEEYYYYY!!!!!

I'm not saying he is Ladd, far from it, but but it almost seems as though they have plugged him to that role. Skille has a little speed, not crazy speed but a bit, attacks the net, and will put a guy in the 2nd row with a hit. Good energy man.

I would take a Skille on my team any day.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
I'm not saying he is Ladd, far from it, but but it almost seems as though they have plugged him to that role. Skille has a little speed, not crazy speed but a bit, attacks the net, and will put a guy in the 2nd row with a hit. Good energy man.

I would take a Skille on my team any day.

I'm not saying he is Ladd either, it's obvious he is the most missed player on the team, because nobody will match his two way game. All I am saying is that Skille can match Ladd or Buff's offensive input from last season. Give him second line minutes with talented players, and Skille can pot 15-20 goals.

TSD

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Havoc I think you are missing the point. Skille is getting payed 4th line money to play the fourth line, as long as he crashes and bangs and doesn't do anything stupid hes doing his job. If Skille could actually get some finish, he could be a 20g a year player.

The reason people are pissed off at this jaekel douchebag, is he's practically blaming the hawks season on skille alone, gimme an f'in break.

I see where you are coming from with not wanting him to get top 6 minutes though. I know people are saying, he could put up 20g on a talented line I kind of agree there, you can put any 4th line NHL player on a line with 2 stars and hes going to put up points, especially when one of those stars can pass like Kane.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Havoc I think you are missing the point. Skille is getting payed 4th line money to play the fourth line, as long as he crashes and bangs and doesn't do anything stupid hes doing his job. If Skille could actually get some finish, he could be a 20g a year player.

The reason people are pissed off at this jaekel douchebag, is he's practically blaming the hawks season on skille alone, gimme an f'in break.

I see where you are coming from with not wanting him to get top 6 minutes though. I know people are saying, he could put up 20g on a talented line I kind of agree there, you can put any 4th line NHL player on a line with 2 stars and hes going to put up points, especially when one of those stars can pass like Kane.

fact is though, is he has been consistent every game this season, and never taken a shift off. I don't see why they don't put him on a higher line for a few games. They did for Stalberg

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
fact is though, is he has been consistent every game this season, and never taken a shift off. I don't see why they don't put him on a higher line for a few games. They did for Stalberg

I feel he has earned 1st or 2nd line minutes. He may not pot a shit ton of goals, but dontcha think he may create time and space for his line mates?

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
I feel he has earned 1st or 2nd line minutes. He may not pot a shit ton of goals, but dontcha think he may create time and space for his line mates?

I was agreeing with you Jako...

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
I was agreeing with you Jako...

I know. I was expanding on your thoughts.

God it's like a giant love fest in here. Fuck you Rex. Go eat a bag el and drink from your bag of milk.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
I know. I was expanding on your thoughts.

God it's like a giant love fest in here. Fuck you Rex. Go eat a bag el and drink from your bag of milk.

Fuck you Jako, go eat a Sah-Sudge. Don't make me use your christian name!