And Haekel continues...

Maiden

Liked Posts:
Don't look now but a certain member of the Leafs had 2 goals tonight and was the best player on the ice. Sign of things to come?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't look now but a certain member of the Leafs had 2 goals tonight and was the best player on the ice. Sign of things to come?

But this thread is about Skille and not Stalberg ( the person that was traded for said player). So what's your point?

Ton

Liked Posts:

Yawn, who cares? Jack Skille scored two goals in a game too and was the best player on the ice that night.

R K

what exactly does Versteeg have to do with the discussion? Right now I'd almost take Stahlberg over Versteeg any day. Especially if he continues to grow into the player we've seen the last few weeks.

Skille is doing what he needs to. It's time now for the best players on this team to show up. Toews, Kane, SHARP.... ect ect......

They show up and the "role" players, Stahlberg, Skille, Dowell continue what they are doing while Keith gets less minutes they'll be rocking.

Versteeg now belongs in NHL talk.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
<
I hear ya about Sharp...but he's always been a streaky scorer

Kane's point production is near last year at this point...(he's 2 assists down). Last year at the 20gm mark...he was off the scoresheet in 6gms - same as this year. He needs to get better 5 on 5 scoring...but he's a reason the PP is better. Hopefully playing with Toews (who can cover for his deficiancies) will help his 5 on 5 play. I dont think Sharp does that for him as well.

Toews needs to finish. Way too many chances for him not to. He has been off the scoresheet in 11 of the first 20gms. He's had 27 shots in those games. An interesting Toews stat (I thought at least)

07-08 - 64gms - 24g - .167% shot pct

08-09 - 82gms - 34g - .174% shot pct (.163% in playoffs)

09-10 - 76gms - 25g - .124% shot pct (.121% in playoffs)

10-11 - 20gms - 5g - .089% shot pct

Hopefully playing with Kane will keep the chances coming, but JT needs to find the net.

Bolland is the other one, IMO...that needs to really be a factor in every game. I think he gets too much of a free pass, because of the names - Toews, Kane, Hossa, Keith...but now that they have their "core" - Bolland needs to put himself up there, and not with the new "role" players. Q has invested alot of ice time in him, in key situations over the last 2 years...he's played with some talented players and now its time he starts passing that on to his new linemates. I fear that Ladd, Havlat...made him better than what he really is.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
I should note...regarding Toews shot percentage. Coming into this year, he was at a career .153%

That would equate to being about 4 goals down this year (meaning he'd have 9 instead of 5). That may not seem like much, but the fact that in 5 of the 11 games he was off the scoresheet, the team lost by 1 goal. That may (or may not) equate to 1 or 2 more wins. I'm not saying it's all JT's fault, but its been proven in the past his effect on games, the teams record with him in the lineup...and I think he's a guy that the team definately "follows". Its more pointing out his importance than failures.

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I should note...regarding Toews shot percentage. Coming into this year, he was at a career .153%

That would equate to being about 4 goals down this year (meaning he'd have 9 instead of 5). That may not seem like much, but the fact that in 5 of the 11 games he was off the scoresheet, the team lost by 1 goal. That may (or may not) equate to 1 or 2 more wins. I'm not saying it's all JT's fault, but its been proven in the past his effect on games, the teams record with him in the lineup...and I think he's a guy that the team definately "follows". Its more pointing out his importance than failures.

This is our season in a nutshell. If our stars were scoring at even halfway-acceptable levels, this team would be on fire. That's why it is assinine to blame it on fourth liners like Skille.

Time for the stars to be stars.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
This is our season in a nutshell. If our stars were scoring at even halfway-acceptable levels, this team would be on fire. That's why it is assinine to blame it on fourth liners like Skille.

Time for the stars to be stars.

especially when the third and fourth liners are playing better than the stars...

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
How exactly are you relative at this site?

he makes constructive posts. How are YOU any more relative at this site?

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I don't get it, people are related to this site? By blood or by marriage?

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
I hear Frank G and his Lovely wife want a tall, older child. We might have to pay him though.

perhaps Moron?