Anderson or Carter?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Who would you rather have?

If it was guaranteed that both would be elite, I would rather have Carter because that sort of disruption from the interior line is a lot more difficult on offenses than the edge. And it is harder to find.

That said, Anderson seems to be more of a sure thing if you watch the tape and his production. If he can be Von Miller, it's a great foundation to have for the next decade.

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
Anderson: edge rushers are still the premier position on defense. Sacks are the second most important stat on defense behind turnovers and most turnovers are caused because of the pass rush. If you look at the top 30 sack leaders (with ties there are 38 of them) 33 are edge rushers. I also think you can plug the interior line holes in free agency far easier than you can with edge rushers

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
Yeah I think Anderson is in his own tier among the defenders. High ceiling and very high basement.

Not unthinkable that other defenders end up elite, but there's more risk involved.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Anderson: edge rushers are still the premier position on defense. Sacks are the second most important stat on defense behind turnovers and most turnovers are caused because of the pass rush. If you look at the top 30 sack leaders (with ties there are 38 of them) 33 are edge rushers. I also think you can plug the interior line holes in free agency far easier than you can with edge rushers
Meanwhile, ours is a safety. Nowhere to go but up.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Anderson is the one that jumps out to me when I watch them play. He looks like the real deal

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think you just have to get 1 or the other or having the #1 pick was just a complete waste. So when considering trade scenarios, if the trade puts these 2 players out of reach for the Bears, they lose.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think you just have to get 1 or the other or having the #1 pick was just a complete waste. So when considering trade scenarios, if the trade puts these 2 players out of reach for the Bears, they lose.
Agree. That's why I personally wouldn't trade lower that #4. #1 to #2 and then #2 to #4 or just straight to #4. I'd be thrilled if we got Anderson at #4 but it's probably Carter there.

Toast88

Liked Posts:

I think the dream scenario is that you get the Texans and another team (probably the Colts) bidding against each other, and you can simply trade back to No. 2 and take whatever defensive player you want.

It would at first seem absurd for the Texans to agree to such a thing, knowing the Bears aren't going to get a QB at #1, but if the Texans are in love with a QB, it would behoove them not to let another team jump them for him.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm leaning towards Carter as he'll make decent DE's that much better. We've had good rushers not get to the opponents QB simply because they could step up under the rush. Congesting the run and being able to pressure from the middle is huge for this D. I also think that sort of DT is harder to come by. That said, they're both really special and I wouldn't be disappointed in eiter.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
That's a pretty myopic way of looking at it, but ok.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
You said if it was guaranteed both would be elite. In that case I pick Carter because that position is harder to find and more destructive when elite.

But in the real world I’m taking Anderson first.
Trade down twice and get in the 7-9 range and draft Tyree Wilson, some scouts think he will end up better than ANderson

Marley's Liberality

Liked Posts:
I think the dream scenario is that you get the Texans and another team (probably the Colts) bidding against each other, and you can simply trade back to No. 2 and take whatever defensive player you want.

It would at first seem absurd for the Texans to agree to such a thing, knowing the Bears aren't going to get a QB at #1, but if the Texans are in love with a QB, it would behoove them not to let another team jump them for him.
let me add to that dream just a bit, since we are dreaming

trade to #2 and then trade to #4 with the Colts including Buckner. That ensures you don't lose either of your targeted lineman at 1-2. Then you pray #3 prefers Carter

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
For those saying Carter didn’t show up in the playoffs…
Yeah, I watched this last night. I was also in the IGT for both of those games with a handful of posters following Carter specifically and commenting on his snaps. Two things: it's very hard to evaluate the trenches from the T.V broadcast angle and some people just don't have a clue what they're evaluating. There's a lot of nuance going on in his game (hand placement) that's very hard to pick up on t.v in real time.

monkforasia

Liked Posts:
Anderson because there are a plethora of free agent dts we should be looking at.