Anderson or Carter?

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes…but when you find a Donald or Tommie Harris it can mean championship.
Nobody found Donald. 12 teams passed him up. The tape was there but dumb GM's discredited him because of height. He was the hands down best player in that draft and that was before the draft started. Carter is a completely different animal who is being based off projections. Donald was a tenacious double and triple team wrecker who brought it all game long in college.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Nobody found Donald. 12 teams passed him up. The tape was there but dumb GM's discredited him because of height. He was the hands down best player in that draft and that was before the draft started. Carter is a completely different animal who is being based off projections. Donald was a tenacious double and triple team wrecker who brought it all game long in college.
That’s not true. I believe Clowney was the consensus best prospect in that draft. He was supposed to easily be a “generational” talent.

There are just some things that you can’t project, things that make HOF players like drive and how much they put into their craft.

Clowney was supposed to be the HOFer, not Donald.

Also, there were many great players in that draft. Including Mack.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That’s not true. I believe Clowney was the consensus best prospect in that draft. He was supposed to easily be a “generational” talent.

There are just some things that you can’t project, things that make HOF players like drive and how much they put into their craft.

Clowney was supposed to be the HOFer, not Donald.

Also, there were many great players in that draft. Including Mack.
There was no need for projection on Donald. He was a dog, had the work ethic and character, and had the tape in college and stats to back it up. Hello 11 sacks and 28 TFL in his senior year from the DT spot.

The projections were on Clowney because of size and speed. That's it. GM's overthink it too often.

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
I think you're 1/2 right. Donald was not the hands-down best player in the draft. Clowney, Watkins, Mack, and Matthews all were considered to be better prospects; however, one of the reasons he wasn't in that category was due to his size. He was a beast in college, very disruptive, and his production proved that. 161 tackles, 63 tackles for a loss, and 27.5 sacks (last 3 years). By comparison, Carter had 83 tackles, 18.5 tackles for a loss, and 6 sacks. I wouldn't base my evaluation strictly on stats, but not having them is a red flag in my book. They don't play the same position, but Anderson had a monster college career. 205 tackles, 58.5 tackles for a loss, and 34.5 sacks.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
He annhilated the combine, people pegged him as a workout warrior, and he fell. Now I think people have gotten a little more appreciative of just how important those athletic measureables are even if a guy is in shorts. At least at the receiver and pass rusher positions.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I think you're 1/2 right. Donald was not the hands-down best player in the draft. Clowney, Watkins, Mack, and Matthews all were considered to be better prospects; however, one of the reasons he wasn't in that category was due to his size. He was a beast in college, very disruptive, and his production proved that. 161 tackles, 63 tackles for a loss, and 27.5 sacks (last 3 years). By comparison, Carter had 83 tackles, 18.5 tackles for a loss, and 6 sacks. I wouldn't base my evaluation strictly on stats, but not having them is a red flag in my book. They don't play the same position, but Anderson had a monster college career. 205 tackles, 58.5 tackles for a loss, and 34.5 sacks.
Exactly. And I don’t think anyone would have said Donald would be the best defensive player in the entire league like he was/is (arguably).

sphinxnole

Liked Posts:
For Donald the questions were size and competition. Remember the team that wanted him above all others, was Phil Emery and the Bears. He just refused to trade up to get him…

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
For those saying Carter didn’t show up in the playoffs…
I can't fucking listen to this guy it's annoying as fuck the way he says rep and how nasally he sounds its fucking irritating.

Last edited:

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Turn the volume down and just focus on 88…
Lol I did thanks I mean I see the craze about the guy I just think Anderson is the better prospect at a more important position especially when you consider the strength of FA positions.

Bust

Liked Posts:
When I want your opinion, I'll.....never mind..... I would never want your opinion.

both of you are onto something tho. Bears can actually get both anderson and carter in the same draft. Bears will get an extra 1st round pick next year due to the trade down from the #1 spot. Nothing stops them from giving up that pick to land another 1st round pick in this draft. #woah

last to first you say? what say you?

freddylamar

Liked Posts:
Anderson if he is elite. Carter will be great, but what if Eberflus and the 4-3 isn’t what we hoped??? Just like the great edge rushers, Anderson should be productive regardless of scheme. I’m not sure that you can say the same about Carter.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Anderson if he is elite. Carter will be great, but what if Eberflus and the 4-3 isn’t what we hoped???

Agreed!

What if Bears make personnel changes to specifically fit the scheme of the bears "Right" headcoach and he gets canned next year and Fangio comes in with his 3-4?