dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He predicted he will score 8 TD's next year which i sure hope he does but with so many weapons on this offense i just can't see it happening.

http://bearswire.usatoday.com/2018/06/01/anthony-miller-chicago-bears-touchdowns-rookie-stats/

Chicago Bears wide receiver Anthony Miller is setting the bar high for his rookie season.

The second-round pick was one of the most productive receivers in college football last year at Memphis, and he expects that to carry over into the NFL.

He spoke with ESPN fantasy football analyst Matthew Berry at the NFLPA Rookie Premiere, and Miller disputed Berry’s projections for 2018 stats.

Berry told Miller he predicted 52 catches for 657 yards and four touchdowns.

“Four? That’s too low,” Miller responded. “That’s like two games for me. I just think I’m going to score at least eight touchdowns.”

No rookie wide receivers had at least eight touchdowns in 2017, although Sterling Shepard and Michael Thomas both hit that mark in 2016.

Randy Moss holds the NFL record for most touchdowns in a rookie season with 17 back in 1998.

Eight isn’t totally out of the question for Miller in Chicago, but he’ll have a lot of competition for targets on his own roster. If he scores that much in Year 1, the Bears offense will be a powerful force to be reckoned with.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We sure as fuck need more scoring. Doesn't matter where it comes from.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
We sure as fuck need more scoring. Doesn't matter where it comes from.

This is true. I just love the confidence Miller has in himself. He's gonna be fun to watch this year when he gets the ball in the open field.

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
Miller could benefit the most in Nagy's offense. It would not surprise me if he leads the team in Yards, Rec, and TD's considering AR and White are returning from injuries. He is also bigger and will run more routes in the middle of the field than Gabriel or Cohen. They moved up to get him, they like him, he will play a lot of snaps.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Would he even start in this offense? Don't see it happening unless there is an injury to another WR. With White most likely gone next year, then, maybe.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Would he even start in this offense? Don't see it happening unless there is an injury to another WR. With White most likely gone next year, then, maybe.

Is that really a question? Of course Anthony Miller would still get starting time in this offense. We don't exactly have many slot receivers that fit his mold and he has gigantic hands for a guy his height.

Treehorn

Liked Posts:

I think he will play more than White this year fosho.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I love the man's confidence, but 4 really is a more realistic goal for a rookie WR in an offense that wants to be distributing the ball around efficiently. Let's break down touchdown distribution with his goal of 8 in mind. I see a successful season for Trubisky as a passer to be 24+ TDs (1.5/game). I base that on the fact that this is a new, complicated system that will not yet be fully implemented for a second year QB with limited experience, paired with a successful running game that will also take a eat a fair share of the team's TD production.

TE-by-Committee should get 10 TDs
Robinson, a big RZ target who is also a threat to turn intermediate catches into long gains, should get 8 TDs, which matches Miller's target number
RB group should get at least 4 TDs (Cohen is lightning in a bottle, after all)

If the following come true, that means that the Biscuit is putting up more than 30 TDs before the rest of the WR group is taken into account. I'd be ecstatic for that, especially because Goff only put up 28! That would put him in line for a Wentz-sized leap.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is that really a question? Of course Anthony Miller would still get starting time in this offense. We don't exactly have many slot receivers that fit his mold and he has gigantic hands for a guy his height.

The point is he will be a rotational piece at best (barring injury), this year. Has nothing to do with his talent level, but he might be #3 or #4 on the target list.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
The point is he will be a rotational piece at best (barring injury), this year. Has nothing to do with his talent level, but he might be #3 or #4 on the target list.

This isn't a Fox led Offense. If Miller happens to ball out I have a very hard time believing he'll not work his way up the depth chart.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he earned more snaps than Gabriel as the season goes.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

The point I am making is who exactly do you expect to get more playing time in the slot? I don't see more than maybe one guy getting more snaps out of the slot.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

I think he'll end up our starting slot and will even start on the outside some but mainly slot. I think K.White will get brought along slowly.

WookieOnRitalin

Liked Posts:
17 TDs in a rookie season. Fuck you, Randy Moss. You were awesome.

Randy Moss was on another level athletically. He was the most talented wide receiver that ever existed. If he had any desire to work as hard as Jerry Rice, he would have easily been the greatest ever.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He is a HoFer. I don't exactly see where he missed the boat in terms of his career.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

So, the main slot WR?

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I need some of the Kook Aid you guys drink. Anthony Miller = Earl Bennett. Eight TDs? HA! And if he doesn't get 8 TDs it's because the system coupled with our "weapons" will not allow him to get enough snaps or distribution?

That mega-kool-aid is so potent it causes you to think up preemptive excuses for poor numbers.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
How many tds have the slot guys recorded historically in the Andy Reid offense? That could take the talent factor out and concentrate on contribution out of the slot in this offense to better guess his stats

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I need some of the Kook Aid you guys drink. Anthony Miller = Earl Bennett. Eight TDs? HA! And if he doesn't get 8 TDs it's because the system coupled with our "weapons" will not allow him to get enough snaps or distribution?

That mega-kool-aid is so potent it causes you to think up preemptive excuses for poor numbers.

Comparing Miller, hasn't played a snap in the NFL to Earl Bennett :crazydance:

Last edited:

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
being a "starter" in and of itself doesnt necessarily mean much at receiver. the "starter" could get one snap before they rotate someone else in.

nagy likes to play around with formations and personnel, so they will likely rotate a bit.

but regardless of all that, based of his talent/skillset miller is going to see plenty of playing time. and based on the roster, as long as hes what we all hope he is, i dont see how hes not the number 2 behind AR.