Anthony Miller.....8 TD's next year?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is that really a question? Of course Anthony Miller would still get starting time in this offense. We don't exactly have many slot receivers that fit his mold and he has gigantic hands for a guy his height.

Let me put it another way, he projects 52 catches and 8 Td's. That's hard to do on 60-70 targets.

Imabearsfan

Liked Posts:
If 4 touchdowns is like 2 games to him, shouldn’t he score 32 touchdowns?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why are receivers always insane?

It is easily observed that the human being allowed to "cash the checks" allows the experience to go to their head fairly quickly even when the wealth was earned by the team.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
The point is he will be a rotational piece at best (barring injury), this year. Has nothing to do with his talent level, but he might be #3 or #4 on the target list.

What is exciting to me is that Mitch has shown that he does not lock onto his targets. The player who gets open, gets the ball.

Have you considered that Miller will be facing the 3rd or 4th best cover defender?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
He is a HoFer. I don't exactly see where he missed the boat in terms of his career.

Technically, he isn´t yet.

I think his point was that he could have been the best WR of all time instead of Rice if he had the work ethic of Rice.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What I got out of his comments is that Millers greatest rookie challenge is going to be how to reconcile his 60ppg memphis offense goals to Bears rookie life.

4 TD's on the season? thats one half of one game for me!! let the scrubs mop up!!

Hopefully he can learn and accept his place

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I need some of the Kook Aid you guys drink. Anthony Miller = Earl Bennett. Eight TDs? HA! And if he doesn't get 8 TDs it's because the system coupled with our "weapons" will not allow him to get enough snaps or distribution?

That mega-kool-aid is so potent it causes you to think up preemptive excuses for poor numbers.

I don’t think he’s going to score 8 TDs. Lots of guys are going to be heavily involved and production is going to be distributed. However, comparing Miller to Earl Bennett is lazy and less than football intelligent. Have you met the Lions fan, Alpha Male, Number 51 and the Shoopster? They’re waiting for you in the corner.

Joliet Jake

Liked Posts:
I don’t think he’s going to score 8 TDs. Lots of guys are going to be heavily involved and production is going to be distributed. However, comparing Miller to Earl Bennett is lazy and less than football intelligent. Have you met the Lions fan, Alpha Male, Number 51 and the Shoopster? They’re waiting for you in the corner.

Yeah I don't see anyone in this new offense getting 8 TD's. Too many weapons and Nagy's going to spread the wealth to keep defenses off balance. Maybe the Caucasian Comet Shaheen will approach 8 TD's but that's it.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:

Well, I've never claimed to have a "high football IQ" because being a fan of spectator sports is not an intellectual pursuit. That attitude is a classic example of false pride.

false pride - An exaggeratedly high or pretentious opinion of oneself, one's abilities, or one's circumstance that is not based on real achievement or success.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Unless Anthony Miller actually is as good as Antonio Brown (and since these things only happen once in a generation) then as a rookie he will learn probably before the bye that just scoring a single TD against NFL talent, schemes, speed, chaos, reactions with a Chicago Bears offensive line learning a new system and not selected yet for success within the system...like just breaking through and scoring as a rookie will be a huge accomplishment.

3-5TD's for him would be fantastic this year and signal good things ahead for Bears passing offense.

I am an exceptionally picky fantasy player, and Allen Robinson is one of about 4 WR's I actually draft in the first 2 rounds. His upside has been so high despite playing with one of the more innaccurate QB's in the league.

Like Bortles has an actual red flag accuracy problem, and yet Robinson did indeed make him look good at times. Certainly Trubs doesn't have that base size to throw from or arm strength, but anybody can play catch with Allen Robinson!!

I think Miller is a fantastic guy in addition to build chemistry with and get timing down...anything they figure out this year probably indicates they will be reaping the league in short order.

I don't know how the White/Gabriel saga will workout out, but if we could get

Robinson 8 TD's
Miller 5 TD's
White + Gabriel 5 TD's
TE's 10 TD's
RB's 5 TD's receiving

Then the hype was real, Fangio probably carries 30+ TD's to the playoffs, and the sooner we get them some playoff experience and take those knocks too the better.

As people are stating...we are bit ambitioous this time of year. 20TD's is the next big step for a young QB. He has to be Goff/Wentz type rebound just to do that.

32, or 2 TDs per game is something you hope for from your franchise vet in the peak years.

The greatest liklihood is injury attrition will determine the winners and losers of the Robinson/White/Miller/Gabriel/Shaheen/Burton/Cohen/Howard ball share.

Somebody will get hurt, lots of other names to step up including Nall, Mizzell, Cunningham who can excel in multiple roles all if given reps.

Robinson has always excelled in the red zone in addition to winning jump deep balls. Nobody on this team can even dream of competing with how polished and dominant he is in that area. Shaheen isn't Allen Robinson in the red zone, in the air, or anywhere. He is just big. Will get lost, and catch some easy ones.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why didn't Miller run the 40 at the combine?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why didn't Miller run the 40 at the combine?

He was dinged up...knee or ankle or foot or something...

I think he looks more explosive/quick on the field than fast. Even his long YAC plays he would keep going by change of direction. He looks like a 4.5-6 guy with fantastic change of direction at speed. Explosive fight for ball traits. The exact type of slot they are looking for.

I love that they had to have HIM specifically, with his funky big mittens and total WR premadonna attitude. Nagy is fine with letting the guys yap and the game will humble them, he doesn't have to.

They aren't worried because the last 12 draft picks are self motivators, obsessed with being the best they can be. If Miller struggles to meat his lofty excpectations ifor himself it won't be without a fight from him.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
He looks like a 4.5-6 guy with fantastic change of direction at speed.

Isn't that kinda slow for a WR? Is that normal for a slot guy? Does anyone really think a 5'11" guy with that kinda speed is going to get 8 TDs in the NFL coming from Memphis?

Wasn't separation a huge problem last year?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Isn't that kinda slow for a WR? Is that normal for a slot guy? Does anyone really think a 5'11" guy with that kinda speed is going to get 8 TDs in the NFL coming from Memphis?

Wasn't separation a huge problem last year?

He doesn't struggle to seperate...

Kevin White = fast/not quick. Long strider, great in college and track meet.

Miller = quick/decent speed. Good upper body strength, explosion, leaping, etc...big hands. He creates space fine, with timing, and good routes/intelligence.
He is a legit WR, not a West Virginia promo tape.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He was clocked at 4.46 and 4.52 at his pro day. The only thing he did at the combine was the bench press because of his foot injury. He did 22 reps.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Amazing how he and everyone else will probably be happy if he catches a TD every other game, averages 50 yards per game.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
He doesn't struggle to seperate...

Kevin White = fast/not quick. Long strider, great in college and track meet.

Miller = quick/decent speed. Good upper body strength, explosion, leaping, etc...big hands. He creates space fine, with timing, and good routes/intelligence.
He is a legit WR, not a West Virginia promo tape.

Cool. I hope you are right. I gotta bad feeling about Robinson & White. What's left? Gabriel, Bellamy, Miller & TEs with small numbers and a lot to prove.