Anthony Miller.....8 TD's next year?

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think he'll end up our starting slot and will even start on the outside some but mainly slot. I think K.White will get brought along slowly.

I think they should throw White to the wolves. He’s had years to watch and as much time as the rest of the team to study the system. Physically White should be fine. If he can’t compete and earn significant playing time then the Bears need to move on. If Miller or anyone else beats out White for playing time and targets then it will only illustrate that White is a bust-to the delight of the hater fans.

I hope White looks like a #1 WR, giving the Bears even more threats in the passing game. But I am not predicting anything and I don’t fault White for the injuries. But if he needs to show his potential and stay on the field. The Bears need to know what they have sooner rather than later.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Technically, he isn´t yet.

I think his point was that he could have been the best WR of all time instead of Rice if he had the work ethic of Rice.

You do realize nearly no WR aside from Jerry Rice had the work ethic and dedication of Jerry Rice...in fact I don't know of a single WR that went to the training extremes Rice did. Jerry tried as hard as he did and trained as hard as he did because he always felt he wasn't good enough.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Well, I've never claimed to have a "high football IQ" because being a fan of spectator sports is not an intellectual pursuit. That attitude is a classic example of false pride.

false pride - An exaggeratedly high or pretentious opinion of oneself, one's abilities, or one's circumstance that is not based on real achievement or success.

Being knowledgeable about football equates to false pride?

How does stating your opinion in an obnoxious fashion based on zero knowledge of the player or his traits with an admittedly low football IQ equate?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think they should throw White to the wolves. He’s had years to watch and as much time as the rest of the team to study the system. Physically White should be fine. If he can’t compete and earn significant playing time then the Bears need to move on. If Miller or anyone else beats out White for playing time and targets then it will only illustrate that White is a bust-to the delight of the hater fans.

I hope White looks like a #1 WR, giving the Bears even more threats in the passing game. But I am not predicting anything and I don’t fault White for the injuries. But if he needs to show his potential and stay on the field. The Bears need to know what they have sooner rather than later.

If White shows out for the first 4-5-6 games or whatever and AR12 shows to be healthy and Gabriel does what Gabriel does and A.Miller shows to be legit then maybe we could even trade K.White to a WR needy team. I can't see a team giving up too much for him just cause of his injury history but if our other WR's all look good then we really don't have any need to keep White for this season or to try to re-sign to another contract. probably wishful thinking but some teams will take chances if they lose one of their top WR's to injury or whatever.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, I've never claimed to have a "high football IQ" because being a fan of spectator sports is not an intellectual pursuit. That attitude is a classic example of false pride.

false pride - An exaggeratedly high or pretentious opinion of oneself, one's abilities, or one's circumstance that is not based on real achievement or success.

Football is actually a highly cerebral sport with a ton of nuance. Just because you don't realize this doesn't make it any less so.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That would be interesting indeed if he looked good early while A-Rob is adjusting and coming back, doesn't have an advantage with this QB/team/scheme and experience at his spot.

If we fall out of playoff contention, while White does well...what would it take to pry White from us?

I want to make the same point with White I made about Fuller...Pace doesn't just have a choice of only 2 options. He could offer White an extension if it made sense for both parties.

"Hey, Kevin, we want to offer you some additional security for some more time to evaluate you because of the years we lost...would you take a couple extra million and tack on a year?"

As things stand, we can't pay another WR...White will be gone whether he plays above a fairly minimum contract, but if he doesn't play above that, he will be gone.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What is exciting to me is that Mitch has shown that he does not lock onto his targets. The player who gets open, gets the ball.

Have you considered that Miller will be facing the 3rd or 4th best cover defender?

You think he will get more than 60-70 targets? He will also be the 2nd-4th read most of the times. I'm not here to knock his talent, and in time he could do those numbers, but I highly doubt it will be this year.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

How, exactly, can you enjoy something that you don't really understand?

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
How, exactly, can you enjoy something that you don't really understand?

I did not read it that way. I read it as more of a slight on the term "football intelligence" than an admission dude has no idea how the game is actually played. I really thought this part was extremely well put, IMO.

Well, I've never claimed to have a "high football IQ" because being a fan of spectator sports is not an intellectual pursuit.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe all you need to know is, if my team puts the funny shaped ball across the end of the field line, or kicks it through the round bar thing the most, they win!

[video=youtube;SKRma7PDW10]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKRma7PDW10[/video]

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I did not read it that way. I read it as more of a slight on the term "football intelligence" than an admission dude has no idea how the game is actually played. I really thought this part was extremely well put, IMO.

Jamais Vu...defender of innocent clowns against the troll hordes of Azuroth

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jamais Vu...defender of innocent clowns against the troll hordes of Azuroth

pff.gif

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:

Thank you. You get it. There are a lot of posters who when confronted with subjective opinions that run contrary to their own subjective opinions try to go the "low football intelligence" route. That's what I was responding to. If one was a player at a high level or coached...sure that's high football IQ. A spectator? C'mon.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Thank you. You get it. There are a lot of posters who when confronted with subjective opinions that run contrary to their own subjective opinions try to go the "low football intelligence" route. That's what I was responding to. If one was a player at a high level or coached...sure that's high football IQ. A spectator? C'mon.

Is a subjective opinion like a short midget?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

I'd be more inclined to believe that if his first post in the thread wasn't so out there and terrible.

I need some of the Kook Aid you guys drink. Anthony Miller = Earl Bennett. Eight TDs? HA! And if he doesn't get 8 TDs it's because the system coupled with our "weapons" will not allow him to get enough snaps or distribution?

That mega-kool-aid is so potent it causes you to think up preemptive excuses for poor numbers.

I mean, only one person prior to that post even said miller will live up to his prediction, and he was joking.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd be more inclined to believe that if his first post in the thread wasn't so out there and terrible.

I mean, only one person prior to that post even said miller will live up to his prediction, and he was joking.

But the Earl Bennett comparison was genius.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Didn't The Frisky One throw only 8 touchdowns total last year. Forget all the Bears' "weapons," "Little" Anthony's gonna have a tough time scoring till someone else learns how to . . .