Anthony Miller - dislocated shoulder

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Was White even on the active-day roster today?

Bellamy played well. Besides activating Wims (if he wasn't active-day -- i thought he was playing ST), I'm happy to see more of Bellamy.

But ya, Let's see some White.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...0923-story,amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

" Pro Football Doc

Anthony Miller shoulder will likely require surgery — sooner or later

"

" Pro Football Doc

Anthony Miller shoulder will likely require surgery — sooner or later

"

That may, indeed, be the case. But surgery is inevitable. It is only a matter of when.

Miller could put off surgery and attempt to finish the season with a brace and/or after rehab. He would in that case be limited and risk re-dislocation.

If he chooses to wait until February, with a six-month recovery, he would be ready for 2019. However, it may become too difficult to play through without a harness.

If his shoulder continues to dislocate with minimal force, that would result in pain and in his having to leave games and in making the labral tear problem worse. If that happens, surgery will come sooner than the offseason.

In my experience, is it unusual for a wide receiver to be able to finish a season with this type of issue, though as always, I hope Miller can prove me wrong.

"

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well that sucks.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's a troll. He has returned from being banned and posts nothing but trolling crap.

During the game, some knucklehead blamed Trubisky for "hanging Miller out to dry". Must literally be blind to think that.

Huh?

I watch the game just like you, buckwheat.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
I dislocated my shoulder going into my junior season in highschool. Not wanting to miss any time I opted to play through it for the next two year. It pooped out probably another 20-30 times over the next two years. Sometimes it was relatively pain free and would work itself back in and others my entire arm would lose feeling and our sideline doctor would have to pop if back an. After it was all said and done and I had surgery after my senior season I had torn my labrum in three different spots.

It is an injury that can be played through with a high pain tolerance but surgery is ultimately inevitable. The more you dislocate it the more loose the joint gets and the frequency of dislocations increase. I am sure he will try to play with it for awhile but the training staff my opt to shut him down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He literally ended Zach Miller's career on an overthrow and couldn't even place the ball in the right place for Anthony Miller to get his head about him and avoid contact.

Too bad I can't dislike you again for this shit post. Not sure if worse that you be trolling or if you believe what you say. (cue the Fry meme)

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
2ileky.jpg

I bet they even bitch about Pace moving up for Miller & for "overpaying to move up & get him"

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dislocations are funny. Sometimes they get popped right back into place and the player misses no time. Other times, they get surgery.

Since he kept getting hurt and going back in, I think this is more of a pain management thing than a structural problem.

The fact that it was dislocated so easily the 2nd time is very concerning.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The fact that it was dislocated so easily the 2nd time is very concerning.

They should have pulled him after that regardless of his warrior spirit. That he went limp a couple more times can't be helping it.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
From everything I read here are the options:

1. Rehab for 6 weeks. Chance of further problems 50%

2. Surgery, out 6 months, chance of further problems 10%

I would love to hear this is wrong.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
Shame as I think Miller definitely has something about him.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Miller was running back on the field after the second pop. Kinda shows he is the kind of guy that thinks he is the best receiver on the team.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Allowing him back out onto the field was questionable. I thought he broke his arm after the first time his shoulder popped out

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I imagine he is going to try and play through it. If he does, Wims may need to be activated since it looks like this will be something that happens every game.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
The thing about dislocations is as soon as the joint is back in the socket the pain goes away.l, and you're left with some tightness and soreness. It's an easy injury to play through, but doing so can easily cause more damage. I was shocked they let him return to the field. Had he sat out and rested it for a week or two he probably wouldn't have had a problem. The fact he re dislocated it means those tendons are stretched and it's going to be a reoccurring issue until he has surgery or tightens them up with rehab. (Rehab did nothing for me but I may not have taken it seriously enough at 16)

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The thing about dislocations is as soon as the joint is back in the socket the pain goes away.l, and you're left with some tightness and soreness. It's an easy injury to play through, but doing so can easily cause more damage. I was shocked they let him return to the field. Had he sat out and rested it for a week or two he probably wouldn't have had a problem. The fact he re dislocated it means those tendons are stretched and it's going to be a reoccurring issue until he has surgery or tightens them up with rehab. (Rehab did nothing for me but I may not have taken it seriously enough at 16)

That's correct. I listed above the only real two options for handling this, and neither is very good news. I have huge hopes for this kid and am very disappointed.

jc456

Liked Posts:
what a difference White vs Miller. This dude Miller goes back out and catches five more balls with the shoulder. I admire that sooooooo much. wow!! A bear that didn't sit with a booboo and cry about it. All Props go out to Miller.