Anthony Miller traded to Texans

Canth

Liked Posts:
Has there been any news on which picks were swapped yet? Did the Bears give Miller and 7th for a 6th or was it more give Miller and a 6th for a 5th?

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I would expect that also.
I’m not sure I like the idea of Cohen in the slot matched up on a db. I think I’d. Like to see him in a two back set coming out of the backfield to get a match up on a lb.

Maybe a two TE set, Monty set up as the lead back, with a power look to get 3rd lb on the field and then Cohen comes out with a lb matchup.

it’s not that I don’t want him getting the receptions and targets; it’s that I want a better matchup since Cohen does much better against a lb than against a db.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Interesting to see who gets slot snaps. Honestly may see a lot more Allen Robinson in the slot.

Damiere Byrd is slot WR size (5.9", 165) but only had 55 snaps there last year (6.6% of his snaps)
Marquise Goodwin also has NOT been a slot WR much in his career.
Darnell Mooney had 143 (18.6%) of his snaps in the slot.
Allen Robinson actually had 191 slot snaps last year.

I think you'll see a lot of 2 TE sets and 2 RB sets, then you can still get a lot of production out of a 3-wide set with Robinson and Mooney with Goodwin and Byrd splitting the 3rd WR reps. You can mix and match who plays the slot between those 4 and possibly Cohen.

Somebody gets it
Thank you. With the overall wr talent and interchangability we have, Miller was expendable.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Wrong again, boomer. You're projecting.

Here's the first 2 sentences from my first post in this thread.

"I'm not upset he's leaving, but we probably lost the 3rd most talented WR as far as raw talent. The timing sucks, but he wasn't getting resigned."

You're hedging, as usual, to allow yourself to criticize either way and claim to be right.

If he isn't missed, "I'm not upset he's leaving".
If he is, "he's the 3rd most talented WR".

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

BTW - Why does the timing suck? Ridding themselves of players at camp time is bad timing ?

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You're hedging, as usual, to allow yourself to criticize either way and claim to be right.

If he isn't missed, "I'm not upset he's leaving".
If he is, "he's the 3rd most talented WR".

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

BTW - Why does the timing suck? Ridding themselves of players at camp time is bad timing ?
This is just a dumb take.

Sorry I just don't value your opinions enough to argue with you.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Letting Arob go too would be a huge mistake at this point. You gotta give Fields some weapons. Question marks at Oline and questions marks at WR is not the way you want to introduce a rookie QB to the NFL
Why would they let him go at this point? They aren't gonna do that. Fields will have good weapons on offense this year and then they'll need to replace ARob after this year.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Really stepping out of your comfort zone with this one. Garbage ass played out gimmick
tenor.gif

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Has there been any news on which picks were swapped yet? Did the Bears give Miller and 7th for a 6th or was it more give Miller and a 6th for a 5th?

It was a small bag of cheeto's for chips & salsa

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
prob took so long because there weren’t many real offers…
Imagine that, outsiders looking in see what Miller really is, a malcontent that doesn't even run his routes.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Miller was never as talented as Pace and his nuthuggers pretended. The trade up was teribble then and terrible now.

In the end, all that matters now for Pace and his legacy or lack thereof is Fields being the real deal.

Last edited:

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Miller was never as talented as Pace and his nuthuggers pretended. The trade up was teribble then and terrible now.

In the end, all that matters now for Pace and his legacy or lack thereof is Fields being the real deal.
Not really a smart take on your part.

The talent was obviously there and he flashed it more than once.

The problem is he was a head case and sometimes that just is something you don't know until you get a guy in your building.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Not really a smart take on your part.

The talent was obviously there and he flashed it more than once.

The problem is he was a head case and sometimes that just is something you don't know until you get a guy in your building.
Along with all this, the consistency was never there.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just about everybody that ever posts on this message board loved the Anthony Miller pick, including myself in a big way. Simply put, maybe we all were just wrong. Not that hard to admit that. Or maybe getting out of this offense will help him. There should be no Monday morning quarterbacking here.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just about everybody that ever posts on this message board loved the Anthony Miller pick, including myself in a big way. Simply put, maybe we all were just wrong. Not that hard to admit that. Or maybe getting out of this offense will help him. There should be no Monday morning quarterbacking here.

Of course, but CCS gonna CCS

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's ok. We don't value your opinion enough to argue with you.

However; it sure is fun laughing at your.

I highly recommend putting him on fake ignore

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
It was a small bag of cheeto's for chips & salsa
I, for one, would really want to know.

This podcast says that the Bears got 2 picks for him, though I cannot find anything anywhere that says that.

Listen starting at 4:25.